NHL'94 Forums

roster updated version?

No, none currently available, sorry. The Nose editor doesn't edit the CD version, or at least, not yet.

SEGA CD support will happen one day.... I'm just working on something more important at the moment... and I don't mean NOSE, an uncompressed 93 rom or SNES support....

technically speaking though, if you got creative with you hex editor... you could transplant the Sega CD roster into a NHL 94 rom and edit it that way, then paste it back (changing the required team start/order offsets).

As for playing the a rom on sega cd, didn't you (and someone else) create a ISO which was basically a rom that played on sega CD?

Couldn't that be process be repeated with the updated roster roms?

• 6 months later...

I have been working on a Sega CD update. Probably won't be ready until around summer 2007 because it is a solo project and I pretty much have ZERO help. I am not intending to "release" this version, I am only making it for the amusement of myself and my friends but since there is a lack of Sega CD hacks out there, I am willing to send it to anyone who is interested.

saga cd was that game good?

Sega CD is generally considered identical to the Genesis version except with better sound, and a slightly smoother framerate. The one big plus of Sega CD however is that you can burn it to a disc and actually play your updated rom on a real Sega Genesis/CD setup.