NHL'94 Forums

Editing Teams Overalls in 93...

Im sure this has been covered before, but i thought changing the teams overalls (especially fighting) might affect gameplay.... but it doesnt =/

overall.png

det.png

la.png

see the similarities???

Yes, unfortunately these bytes don't seem to have any affect on the team. The 4 bytes bytes before (after the color data) that might have some affect.

As I've posted previously in another thread, the last byte e.g. D7 means 13 forward, 7 d's.

What exact affects the three bytes before have on the game is unknown to me at the moment.

91/92 has two similar bytes. My guess is that each byte is used to store home/away disadvantage as the All star teams have 0000 where most other teams don't. Quickly testing that theory didn't always work as thought... still to test more before making my final conclusion.

93-95 all have 3 bytes plus the 4 fwds/ds bytes. Looks like all 3 are used to possibly have six team behaviour properties... just a guess.

96 onward also have the 4 bytes, but the are always 0000 0000 implying they are not used.

• 1 year later...