NHL'94 Forums

Are player ratings in Blitz going to be put back to the way they should be for blitz 6?

hokkeefan

smoz might have explained his crazy reasoning for making the hot n cold random player ratings obscelete to me during one of my blackouts.I think the way it is now just isnt right.I thought blitz was supposed to make the big players hit the little guys better like it should be but not completely tweak the hell out of the rom.Anyways im just saying why screw with a good thing and completely change it when its awsome the way it is besides the weight bug,if ur wondering what the hell im talking about ,compare ratings of players from previous roms to this seasons.Theres no variety of ratings ,now there like robots with the same ratings.Maybe we should just rate every player at 72 for everything hehe

Edited by hokkeefan

AJ is correct

in the original game, those player ratings are wrong. they go up and down for no reason. your player could be hot on all his attributes, but the game will show him up on some attributes and down on others. it was stupid and made comparing players difficult (68.. so is that a 3 or a 4 speed??).

so, i got rid of the randomness ONLY IN EDIT LINES AND TEAM ROSTERS. the players are still hot/cold in the actual gameplay just like always.

I could have made the edit lines/team rosters ratings accurate, but I'm sure there would be cases where people would see their star player is -9 on every attribute and would drop the game and try to get a restart where the player might be hot or at least normal.

The big players DO knock over the small players. hokkee, your big D have 2 speed/agility. That is going to hurt their checking because they are so slow that they will have problems lining up and connecting their hits. And this game is always full of little random things where occasionally something you think will or won't work will do the opposite.