NHL'94 Forums

Saving Playoffs

CoachMac

Do the roms of nhlpa 93 and nhl 94 not save your playoffs? I have played numerous different ones (both originals and hacks) downloaded from this site and others and all have some issue with saving the playoffs.

I am playing on a Mac and using the emulator called Generator.

Thanks for any help.

I know 94 on windows/Gens saves your playoffs.

I don't know about the mac ones, though, but it should be possible.

Anyway, isn't there something like a File -> Save State option? you could use that instead of relying on the game to save itself.

I am still having trouble saving my playoffs on all the 93 roms (original and hacks).

I am talking about saving them after you close the rom and then coming back later and opening it.

I downloaded the emulator from the 93 site and got the original game there.

Everything else works perfectly. 94 roms original and all of slapshots save playoffs.

I can close the rom and come back and pick up where I left off.

How can I do this in 93.

Someone said something about Save State...but I can't figure out what to do or where it is saving it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Saving states is under the File menu.

If you are using Gens, press F5 to save and F8 to load. (And F6 and F7 change save slots -- you can have 10 different saves per game)

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure NHL94 was the first game to automatically save your playoffs and user records, etc. I don't think 93 had this (SNES 93 you had to use a code to resume your playoffs).

Anyway, use the state saving that's built into most emulators.