NHL'94 Forums

I met Jeremy Roenick last night

dangler

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I've been around these forums, but after last night I felt obligated to tell you guys this story.

I went to a celebrity sports dinner last night in Halifax, to see the likes of Walter Gretzky, Roberto Alomar, Anthony Calvillo, "Irish" Micky Ward and our very own Jeremy Roenick speak. When I found out I had a ticket and that Jeremy Roenick was going to be there I immediately thought I needed to get him to sign my NHL 94 cartridge.

After the meal and the speeches I went up to see him:

Me: "Jeremy, can you sign my NHL 94 game?"

JR: "Is this really NHL 94?" as I pass it to him and he looks at it. "This is the best game of all time!"

Me: "I know, and you're the best cyber athlete of all time!"

JR signs my game and then we pose for a picture. He asks if he can keep my sharpie and of course I say yes. He says "Thanks a lot" and just before I turn to leave he says "Hey, that's the first one of those I've ever signed."

Hahaha, it was a very funny experience. I was surprised at how excited he was to sign my NHL 94 game. I thought all you guys would enjoy this story. I now own an authentic copy of the only Jeremy Roenick signed NHL 94 cartridge in the world!

meandjr.jpg

• Like 1

Due to the lack of thumbs-up icons, I give you this:

'You're getting a promotion!'

Way to turn this legendary undertaking into a lame Snes vs Gens session people.

Dangler, that's an awesome story.

I wonder if using a Roenick signed cartridge makes him even better in the game?

Roenick will go down as signing the first nhl94 cartridge of all time and that being SNES. GENS hackers have done a great job working towards getting the game right...you fixed the weight bug and more recently goalie control...let me know when you get defence control working in the gens rom and then we'll all can co-exist comfortably. B).

Way to go! I was planning to do the same thing with Dino Ciccarelli at a wedding in November.. but of course the wedding got called off last minute! I should still be able to meet him at some point soon though. I will get my SNES cartridge signed if I do.

Way to turn this legendary undertaking into a lame Snes vs Gens session people.

Dangler, that's an awesome story.

I wonder if using a Roenick signed cartridge makes him even better in the game?

no kidding ! I was just joking ,this is probably about the best thing to ever happen to a 94 fan :)

Now you just need Vince Vaughan and Wayne Gretzky to sign it, and an NHLPA '93 cartridge, and you're money. You're so money and you don't even know it.

Edited by Louie14

Its already epic

Now you just need Vince Vaughan and Wayne Gretzky to sign it, and an NHLPA '93 cartridge, and you're money. You're so money and you don't even know it.

Agreed with this comment. My cartridge does need a Vince Vaughan signature. Swingers is my favourite movie. Me and my roommates in university used to watch it almost every weekend while recovering from hangovers... in between Best of 7 series of NHL 94 of course.

• 4 weeks later...

That is the most awesome story man! I have to find a way to get Mario Lemieux to sign my GENS NHL 94 cartridge! However, I'm sure that this was Roenick's true reaction when you asked him to sign it:

jrcries-o.gif

Amazing story, so awesome how he was excited. Gotta agree with habs tho, should have plugged the forum, could have made this amazing story, EPIC!

I would've liked to see JR sign up for Classic league haha. Would he get Chicago by default? Imagine his face when everyone's deking out his goalie B) .

Awesome story! The closest I've been to a NHL94 star was a drunk Ken Daneyko running into Continental Airlines Arena for pre-game out of a cab.

The closest I've been to a NHL94 star was a drunk Ken Daneyko running into Continental Airlines Arena for pre-game out of a cab.

Isn't drunk Ken Daneyko redundant?