NHL'94 Forums

Classic league - Spring 2011 suggestions.

halifax

Chaos and I have messaged briefly for next season.

We've decided on switching back to two leagues for each console this year. GENS A and B. SNES A and B.

Which ever league you register in, is the one you will play in. Of course, coaches should reasonably register for the league of their choice based on how they feel their skill level is. New coaches will always go in the B league.

For SNES, depending on numbers that register...we may have a few inter league games between A and B, but the playoffs would still be against your own caliber league.

Chaos will have registration up soon.

We welcome any suggestions.

"Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country."

I think there should also be a limit for games played, both for the regular season and playoffs. It's just not fair to ruin the momentium for players that managed to fulfill their commitment when playing their games. Either you do it or go home.

Do we have enough people for the B leagues?

Yeah, they should get done now. That's gonna be another SNES season without a champion. That really sucks.

Yeah, they should get done now. That's gonna be another SNES season without a champion. That really sucks.

SNES was done a while ago. We are waiting on GENS semifinals between Icestorm and Carse.

I'll have registration up sometime this week.

SNES was done a while ago. We are waiting on GENS semifinals between Icestorm and Carse.

I'll have registration up sometime this week.

yeah wtf is this carse bullshit,the guy is holding up blitz playoffs for a month and hasnt even completed classic from months ago .its time to boot his ass and let icestorm move on ,and in blitz he shouyld also be passed up and move on . this is embarrasing to see that all this time has passed and nothing done just for carses slaow ass ,f him

yeah wtf is this carse bullshit,the guy is holding up blitz playoffs for a month and hasnt even completed classic from months ago .its time to boot his ass and let icestorm move on ,and in blitz he shouyld also be passed up and move on . this is embarrasing to see that all this time has passed and nothing done just for carses slaow ass ,f him

thats because carse still hasnt gotten his controller, but thats beside the point anyways everything else sounds cool enough

I still kinda of like a unified league, especially for Snes. You might have good reasons for switching it back but I don't think there was too much of a problem with it last time. Whatever.

I still kinda of like a unified league, especially for Snes. You might have good reasons for switching it back but I don't think there was too much of a problem with it last time. Whatever.

If there are enough SNES teams, we will do 2 leagues. If not, we plan on doing 1 league but set up the conferences where the higher skilled players play each other more than they would play the lesser skilled players (newbies play against newbies more, vets play against vets more)

• 4 weeks later...

is there any chance of getting a point for making it to ot for next season?

OT points are for losers. they didn't exist in 94' that's been the reasoning.

shouldnt OT be like 2mins then, instead of double a normal period 10min.

Yeah, I don't really like the length of the OT, either... I really don't know why they programmed it that way...

I agree w habs, since OT ties were so much more common back then, the period length needs to be shorter (although that gets into editing the game which is the essence of classic, so im not sure about that..

I guess this is more about Summer 2011, now...

Can we use a modified ROM that has Head-to-Head, 5 min periods, and penalties on no offsides set as defaults? I hate setting those up, and it's such a pain when you forget and start the game and have to do it all over again.

OT could then be changed to 2:30 or whatever, as well.

Call me crazy, but I actually like 10-min OT. It's the closest thing to Blitz' 99-min OTs in the playoffs and it makes for a more exciting experience. Going for 2-min OT is a little short and the odds of actual ties become a little higher.

I'd say you can change the options on the main menu, but leave the OT as it is.

I'm not sure the league needs OT loss points...other leagues have them and that's fine for those leagues. Classic hasn't had them since day one but it needs them now?

As for changing the OT. How many games go in OT in a season on average per coach? and how many end up in ties? I find it fun to play OT games and playing until there's a winner or a well earned tie if it gets that far.

I'm not sure the league needs OT loss points...other leagues have them and that's fine for those leagues. Classic hasn't had them since day one but it needs them now?

As for changing the OT. How many games go in OT in a season on average per coach? and how many end up in ties? I find it fun to play OT games and playing until there's a winner or a well earned tie if it gets that far.

totally agree.

From Blitz stats from last season, it looks like roughly 5/44 games go to OT, or 11%, but usually there are a couple guys with 9-10 OT games (20+%)

how about offsides

I think it'd be a cool change to add offsides to classic at some point. I think it'd even things up as far as top teams versus lower tier teams, kind of nullifies speed a little bit.

I think it'd be a cool change to add offsides to classic at some point. I think it'd even things up as far as top teams versus lower tier teams, kind of nullifies speed a little bit.

I remember when I tried and whined about getting offsides in the game and ALL OF YOU CRIED LIKE BITCHES!!

ESPECIALLY ASSTORMNHL94

Edited by hokkeefan