NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 WORLD RECORD!

halifax

• 2 months later...

Update: I broke the record and submitted the video to Twin Galaxies back in late January. Just heard from the TG judge that he is "backlogged a couple of months" :o , so it may take some time to verify. lol.

Anyway the unofficial, soon to be official, record will now be 58.

Update: I broke the record and submitted the video to Twin Galaxies back in late January. Just heard from the TG judge that he is "backlogged a couple of months" :o , so it may take some time to verify. lol.

AWESOME...congrats!

Hey guys, for an interesting documentary on video game records and Twin Galaxies, I recommend this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0923752/

This movie is hilarious in many ways. The whole thing is on YouTube...here is part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQZ9wXO8RVs

"Kill screen is coming...if anyone wants to see it..." :lol:

• 1 year later...

Update: I broke the record and submitted the video to Twin Galaxies back in late January. Just heard from the TG judge that he is "backlogged a couple of months" ohmy.gif , so it may take some time to verify. lol.

FINALLY verified: http://www.twingalaxies.com/scoreboard/nhl-94/sega-genesis-sega-mega-drive/21089/

To make a long story short, Twin Galaxies was falling apart when I submitted my score. So for a year or so they were going through a restructuring and they finally brought the site and scoreboard back. Looks much nicer now!

So I'm now OFFICIALLY better at destroying Guy Herbert than anyone else.

Yeah, part of the new Twin Galaxies system, you have to submit a DVD of your recording.

"All score recordings shipped to Twin Galaxies must be submitted on DVD. Your recording must begin prior to the boot up of the game system; we need to see “dead air” prior to you turning on the game system. One you are recording, the whole boot up process of the system and game must be shown. Please take you’re your time and do not rush through making menu selections as you begin to play your game; we need to be able to determine that you are playing on the correct rules/settings. You must show your entire gameplay from the very first screen loading to the final screen showing the score. Photographs are not acceptable for submissions. *IMPORTANT* Never pause the camera or other device while recording your game. Any pause or break in the recording or gameplay may result in disqualification of the score If you are unable to record your gameplay and submit to Twin Galaxies on DVD, please contact us."

You can read the full FAQ here: http://www.twingalaxies.com/discussions/thread/3/score-submission-rules/page_1/

FINALLY verified: http://www.twingalaxies.com/scoreboard/score/145339/

To make a long story short, Twin Galaxies was falling apart when I submitted my score. So for a year or so they were going through a restructuring and they finally brought the site and scoreboard back. Looks much nicer now!

So I'm now OFFICIALLY better at destroying Guy Herbert than anyone else.

congrats! awesome stuff!

• 3 weeks later...

Would a save/load game on Gens.exe go through? You can score 3 goals every 10 seconds so I could crush this :P

You need a video of you playing on an actual Sega. No emulators allowed.

Why is this necessary? Are you serious? Just play man. I hope you or someone beats my record. All I was saying that it is different to play on Genesis compared to EMU.

Hey are you playing this season? I hope you play gens 20 game so I can beat you up

Edited by Seano7302

Nice vid raph. Wasn't sure about the injuring/time out thing. Maybe that is for the period injury only? not a game injury? (probably should just start another thread for this topic...haha.

Hey are you playing this season? I hope you play gens 20 game so I can beat you up

I just registered, can someone do a test game with me tonight by chance? my AIM is Michaelsroka1981. I'm on a Mac running Gens in WMware, not sure about this, so would like to test soon, so if this doesn't work I can find something else.

Such an awesome vid. One of the few times I'll watch an entire internet video that is 27 minutes long lol

Seconded.Really fun.

Well done Raph

LOL!!! GREAT VIDEO!!! CONGRATS RAPH!!!

NHL '94 20TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY & TOURNAMENT

HOSTED BY TWIN GALAXIES & KRIS DRAPER

WINTER CLASSIC IN DETROIT

12/31/13

????????????? :D

I'd be there in a a heartbeat, already got my tix to the classic.