NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 WORLD RECORD!

halifax

Thats not really impressive, in the first 5mins, (one normal period) it was only 6-0 and he had DET vs ANA cpu.

Im sure he would get his ass raponed in any league. All he does is CC shots

Edited by Zalex

All scores and times submitted must be RECORDED IN FULL including footage of the console or arcade game's power-up and boot-up process. Scores may also be witnessed live by a Twin Galaxies referee, when arrangements have been made prior to the attempt

If you have a Recording of the game, This file MUST be zipped. Files that are NOT will be rejected. Do NOT upload recordings over 10MB. Anything larger than that will be rejected.

Player Agreement

I attest that I have played the game fairly and within the boundaries of the rules set forth by Twin Galaxies International, and have played consistent with the rules and settings described for this game title. I understand that if any error or inconsistency is found, that it is of the discretion of Twin Galaxies International to disqualify my score. According to scoreboard rules, my score may be challenged by another player who has just cause to believe that the score is not correct or that the settings are in error. The challenger must be a contender on this same game. If challenged, I agree to replay my game in front of witnesses approved by the Twin Galaxies International Scoreboard. If I refuse to replay my game, I understand that Twin Galaxies has the right to remove my score from the record book. The replay must be completed within one year. I understand that I am welcome to unlimited attempts at replaying before the deadline. I sign this form with the understanding that my score can be challenged only one time and accept this condition.

On 2/13/2011 at 6:19 PM, Zalex said:

[[MOD: deleted unnecessary insult]]

Why is this necessary? Are you serious? Just play man. I hope you or someone beats my record. All I was saying that it is different to play on Genesis compared to EMU.

Why is this necessary? Are you serious? Just play man. I hope you or someone beats my record. All I was saying that it is different to play on Genesis compared to EMU.

im the most serious man on this forum. whats ur aim ? lets play

I'm going to film myself destroying that s**t tomorrow.

I'm going to film myself destroying that s**t tomorrow.

I hope you do. When it is verified by twin galaxies, I will personally congratulate you and read it on the Twin Galaxies Podcast.

Edited by Coffey

Solution: someone contact Twin Galaxies and get the rules for breaking this weak record, then break it.

I suck at scoring, though.

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22&pi=29&gi=6324&vi=21089

For anyone who wants to break the SNES record. You need to win by 50 goals in 10 minute periods.

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22&pi=32&gi=6324&vi=23450

Thanks for the site Coffey. At first glance, I thought your video was a joke. Just another guy claiming to be the best. But I see that twin galaxies is recognized by Guiness book of world records. This will give many on this site something to strive for....to try and get their name on there.

For anyone else who wanted to read up a bit....

http://www.twingalaxies.com/

http://gamers.guinnessworldrecords.com/about_us.htm

Thanks for the site Coffey. At first glance, I thought your video was a joke. Just another guy claiming to be the best. But I see that twin galaxies is recognized by Guiness book of world records. This will give many on this site something to strive for....to try and get their name on there.

For anyone else who wanted to read up a bit....

http://www.twingalaxies.com/

http://gamers.guinnessworldrecords.com/about_us.htm

I think those guys are out of they field of expertise on this one.

AJ paced for 42 goals on 10 minutes again a human player. I'd bet he could do it against a CPU.

I only got 30-2 this morning with Detroit against Ottawa :( (i scored on myself once being silly.. and baker had a wicked onetimer for the 2nd CPU goal :P)

6/17/7 by period. Seems I'm good at.. B).. going down. YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! /csi

A perfect game would be about 180 goals, if you won every faceoff and scored on every shot, 10 seconds per goal (I scored 5 goals in about 70 seconds in the second period). The upper bound on what's possible is probably around 120, since missing a shot or losing a faceoff wastes a lot of time. Carse probably has the best shot at this due to his faceoff move.

I think those guys are out of they field of expertise on this one.

AJ paced for 42 goals on 10 minutes again a human player. I'd bet he could do it against a CPU.

Maybe I'll give it a whirl, I just dont like homework assignments though.

Anyone know how to record a singe player game on Gens? I could never seem to figure it out on my own.

Maybe I'll give it a whirl, I just dont like homework assignments though.

Anyone know how to record a singe player game on Gens? I could never seem to figure it out on my own.

Emulators aren't allowed. You have to show the console and the game booting up in the video, then mail them a DVD of the game (or somehow make a 10MB video of a ~25 minute game and upload it on their site..)

Emulators aren't allowed. You have to show the console and the game booting up in the video, then mail them a DVD of the game (or somehow make a 10MB video of a ~25 minute game and upload it on their site..)

I'm minus a Genesis system, so that just saved me a bunch of time.

This isnt as easy as you think. The computer likes to play better at times which throws off the pace.When i did the 87 goals in 95 it took a looong time to get that.Maybe start a thread here with just being honest and putting up screenshots and or video.i tried about 5 times this morning and was unsuccesful :o

i'm really annoyed. i ended up 46-0 in one game, but failed to hit the record button before. i was even talking to the camera (on my laptop) when i realized that i never hit record. next best so far is 38. the 46-0 game i had 22 goals in the 3rd. pretty marginal up until that point.

Edited by beavers33

• 9 months later...

Some guy named Jeff Hinish broke the record for GENS on Jun 26, 2011.

Record is now 47. SNES is 49.

I never tried this before. Gotta average 16 goals/10 min period, which seems very possible.

If I can break this on the emulator, I'll dig up my old console and try to record it for Twin Galaxies. Only right that the "record" be held by someone from this community. B)

this reminds me of setting the high score on a game of snake.. massive waste of time. It doesn't really prove anything other than JR's slapshot can beat Guy Herbert

high score on snake...lol. I agree, BUT if there is an official '94 "record" out there, I want it to be here.

49 goals on 3rd attempt. Not as easy as it sometimes appears. In each game there were minutes where my guys would inexplicably miss shots, posts, passes bounce off skates, defenders block, can't switch, failed one-timer, etc. Either way, gonna find that console next time I visit my folks, :lol:

record1o.png

record2j.png

Good job, Kingraph!

Did you do this on original Genesis, or an emulator?

Emulator first to see how difficult it actually is. Since its not that bad (or I just got lucky) I'll do it on a console and record it for Twin Galaxies soon. Maybe around Xmas.

• 2 weeks later...