NHL'94 Forums

NHL Trade deadline 2011 discussion

smozoma

Today's biggie, if you live in Canadaland or 'Chusetts (they call it that, right??):

To Boston:

D Tomas Kaberle

To Toronto:

F Joe Colborne

1st-Round Pick (2011)

Conditional 2nd-Round Pick (2012) If Kaberle signs with Boston next season or they make the finals this season (not sure what the Leafs get if he leaves and they don't make the finals).

This seems like it kills the Leafs (meager 2.1%) chance at making the playoffs this season. Their powerplay is already atrocious, and they just traded a guy with 20+ PP assists.

On the bright side for the Leafs, they get a ~20th pick and a 6'5" centreman chosen 16th in 2008 rated 8.0C in potential (possible 1st-liner).

Good trade for Boston for this season, but if he doesn't sign and they don't win the Cup, it's pretty costly.

it was a great trade. Boston's other trade was more questionable, but also understandable.

pevkab.png

Today's biggie, if you live in Canadaland or 'Chusetts (they call it that, right??):

nope.

Good trade for Boston for this season, but if he doesn't sign and they don't win the Cup, it's pretty costly

yup. good trade, i didn't think it'd go though and ill miss blake wheeler who i was just warming up to but i totally welcome kaberle.

Yet another blockbuster happened this morning:

TO ST. LOUIS:

Chris Stewert

Kevin Shatenkirk

conditional 2nd rd pick

TO COLORADO:

Erik Johnson

Jay McLement

conditional 1st round pick

I'd say this is a pretty even trade between these two teams, Stewert looks like he could be an elite power forward in the NHL and Johnson is a young defencman who can really throw the body.

stewart big young foward that can get 25goals, 60pts

Shatenkirk rookie dman with 26 pts already

for

Erik Johnson big dman, selected first overall in 2006 19pts right now

McLement 3rd-4th liner center than you can sign in september for 600 000 (see jeff halpern)

GG Blues

lol at broons trade, they always choke in playoff, it wont change this year

wow it sure got quiet after that little rush.I thought there wouldve been some trades today but i think its hardball time now untill monday morning.I hear mason raymond is on the block from vancouver.The guy has been on a drought but man this guy is faster than grabner and hes on goal #24 i think and one of hottest in nhl last week .We lost 1 good young star , hopefully they dont get rid of our young speedster ,if raymond is let go i suspect he will score 20-30 goals next season and more if his shots go in ,id rather get rid of hodgson before him.Toronto would LOVE to get their hands on raymond.I call mason raymond ...Bure jr