NHL'94 Forums

Problems with Hamachi?

LA Robbie

Hi, i'm a newby to all this, and only computer literate on a basic level.

I installed Hamachi a couple of days ago obviously for the purpose of joining the league, and had a number of successful test games without incident.

Then last night during set up of a game I lost my internet connection completely and found I only had a local area connection to "network 4" (Hamachi) diagnostics suggested there were problems with the IP settings for the Hamachi network, but not being too computer savvy I presumed it was just a problem with my internet and cable service. After about an hour without internet & trying various diagnostic suggestions I turned off for the evening.

I turned on the computer today & everything was fine again, until this afternoon it happened again, this time at work, so it's not a problem with my connection at home. I have disabled the Hamachi connection & everything seems fine.

Like I said, i'm not the most computer literate guy in the world, so I thought i'd see if anyone else here has had similar problems or has any suggestions? Obviously I don't want to be in the middle of a league game with someone and lose my connection.

Any help from someone more technically proficient than me is appreciated!

im not sure if this will solve it, but if you're connected thru wireless you may want to try and plug your internet cable directly into the computer.. wireless connections have been known to disrupt a smooth connection

im not sure if this will solve it, but if you're connected thru wireless you may want to try and plug your internet cable directly into the computer.. wireless connections have been known to disrupt a smooth connection

OK, yeah, i'm using wireless so will hook up tonight direct through the cable & see if there's any more problems. If it's a case of playing my matches via a direct connection it's no big problem. Just don't understand why the Hamachi network should disrupt my internet connection at all?

Oh, and when it happened today I wasn't logged in to Hamachi & wasn't playin the game or anything, but it appears i'm connected to Hamachi regardless of whether i'm using it or not

My wireless dies from time to time. No idea why. I can't view any networks in the wireless network list to reconnect to.

Hopefully whatever your issue is, it's the same as mine. Here is what I do to fix it, without restarting the computer:

(Windows XP..)

Go into Control Panel

Network Connections

Right-click on the wireless connection, and select "disable"

Wait a few seconds...

Right-click on the wireless connection again, and select "enable" (if it still said disable, then you need to wait longer.. click somewhere in the window, then right-click the connection again and hopefully it says "enable" now..)

It might automatically reconnect to your network, or you might need to go into the network list and reconnect manually.

My wireless dies from time to time. No idea why. I can't view any networks in the wireless network list to reconnect to.

Hopefully whatever your issue is, it's the same as mine. Here is what I do to fix it, without restarting the computer:

(Windows XP..)

Go into Control Panel

Network Connections

Right-click on the wireless connection, and select "disable"

Wait a few seconds...

Right-click on the wireless connection again, and select "enable" (if it still said disable, then you need to wait longer.. click somewhere in the window, then right-click the connection again and hopefully it says "enable" now..)

It might automatically reconnect to your network, or you might need to go into the network list and reconnect manually.

Cool. Thanks for the help. Ive basically done that process but i've been disabling Hamachi when im not usin it, but obviously that'll be no good to me if im playing at the time of the problem, so i'll try this if it happens again.