NHL'94 Forums

2011 Spring Classic Season Begins!

chaos

Team schedules are up and games can now be logged on the nhl94online site.

For those of you who have forgotten how the site works, or for the new coaches in the league, a game is logged as follows:

1. Contact the coach you would like to play on AIM.

You can find their AIM by going to the nhl94online.com site. Choose the Classic '94-Spring 2011 league from the drop-down "League Selection" menu on the menu bar. Choose the "League Level" you have joined in the left-hand column and click on your Team. Your "Coach Page" should come up, and you can see which teams you have games remaining against. Click on that team's name in the left-hand column and that team's coach page should load. On the right hand side of the page, there is an area which contains the coach's AIM name. You can contact them in this manner to schedule a game. You can also choose the "Teams & Schedules" page from the menu bar and this will list all the coaches in the league and their AIM screen names. AIM is what we use to contact coaches and set up games.

2. Play the game.

Play the game against the selected coach. When playing a game against a coach, the home team hosts the game (this matters for the GENS emulator, ZSNES it doesn't matter who hosts, as you can switch team control). Once the game is complete, it is the home team's responsibility to log the game. This is done on the "Coach Page" that displays your schedule. By clicking on your team's name in the left-hand column, you access your "Coach Page". Games that you have at home will have a "Log a Game" link next to it. Choose the game that has been played, and record the score. Type in your password (that you used when you registered for the nhl94online.com site) to log the game. Once this is done, the away team needs to "Confirm" the game by clicking on the game link on their schedule and typing their password. This will effectively complete the logging of the game.

NOTE: If the score is incorrect, the away team has the option to change the score. This can be done by just clicking on the score box and changing it. Once they do this, the home team needs to "Reconfirm" it in order for it to count towards the season.

Checkpoints

The season will be 40 games long. There will be WEEKLY CHECKPOINTS. You are required to play 5 games a week. If you miss 2 checkpoints in a row, you will run the chance of being replaced. This is to speed up the season so we can hopefully complete the playoffs by the summer. I do not think this is asking much, and most of the guys in the league are easy to reach and are active in the forums. If you cannot find a coach and would like to try to schedule a time to play, please use the "Schedule a Game" forum or send them a message on AIM, or use the forum PM. Please make an effort to reach your checkpoints! Also, the 5 games a week is a minimum . Feel free to play more games than that. For example, if you play 10 games in the first week, then you already satisfy the first 2 checkpoints. It's easy to get this 5 game point, since most coaches you have 2-4 games against and everyone likes getting all the games against a single coach in at the same time.

Regular Season

The regular season consists of 40 games.

GENS-A, SNES-1, SNES-2

You each play 4 games against division foes, 3 games against the foes in the rest of the conference, and 2 games against the other conference foes.

GENS-B1, GENS-B2

A little different.

You each play at least 4 games against conference foes (most play 5 games, with the exception of 4 teams (GENS-B1 - BCRetreiver23 and Terrapin4J GENS-B - Pokemaster288 and kupuck19 - you guys only play 4 games against each conf. foe).

You each will also play at least 2 games against the other conference - 1 of those teams you will have a 3rd game against. (The 4 teams above play 2 games against the other conference, while playing each other 4 times GENS-B1- BCRetrevier23 vs. Terrapin4J, GENS-B2 - Pokemaster288 vs. kupuck19)

Everyone's extra games in these 2 leagues are against someone with comparable skill.

Playoffs

GENS-A is by itself. Top 12 of the 16 teams will make the playoffs, with conference leaders as the top seeds.

GENS-B1 and GENS-B2 will have the top 8 teams in each league make the playoffs. Their playoffs will be separate, with the champion from each league playing each other for the GENS-B cup. We also have decided to have a "consolation" playoffs for any coach who completes their season (all 40 games). We will also decide, at our discretion, who else will compete in the consolation playoff (the more games you play, the better the chance of getting in).

SNES-1 and SNES-2 will have the same setup as the GENS-B1 and GENS-B2 playoff system, with conference leaders getting the top seeds. There will also be a consolation playoff.

Also, NP (negative points) will be applied to missed games at the end of the season. This could hurt your playoff seeding!

For the new coaches, the rules of the league are posted at: http://www.nhl94online.com/html/rules.php

That's about all. Good luck to everyone and lets hope for another successful season! 1520 games to be played!

If there are any website problems or questions, please PM me or AIM : Rage93.

I was saving this when GDL starts, but Classic is on now, so this video is fitting for the ultimate MORUH KOMBAT!!!

PINGAS!!!

I was saving this when GDL starts, but Classic is on now, so this video is fitting for the ultimate MORUH KOMBAT!!!

PINGAS!!!

This will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day :D

pupin-pupin-pupin-pupin-pupin.. pingaaas

where are all the noobs? it's opening day for crying out loud. how else can i pad my win column?

ah - who am i kidding, i'm a .500'er at best anyway.

HEY MAN ! anythings possible!Look at me last season....drunk ass 12th seed and made it to finals :)

HEY MAN ! anythings possible!Look at me last season....drunk ass 12th seed and made it to finals :)

SAY NO TO FALSE HOPES. SAY NO TO FALSE HOPES. SAY NO TO FALSE HOPES.

dammit hokkey why did you have to say that?

Edited by mav

yo just played maverick_z Toronto in lg play and he just stopped playing after 2 periods losing 4-0. can u do this what r the rules he should forfeit.let's hear it :angry:

i logged it ok. no more need to anything on this matter

AND ORANGE KOOLAID STFU

AND ORANGE KOOLAID STFU

Come on mav, all we want is to play our full three periods...please finish your games, i beg you. i won't be saying any more on the matter.

yo just played maverick_z Toronto in lg play and he just stopped playing after 2 periods losing 4-0. can u do this what r the rules he should forfeit.let's hear it :angry:

AND ORANGE KOOLAID STFU

You logged a two period game? This isn't what the league is for. Please finish your games in their ENTIRETY, or we will have to find someone else who will.

You logged a two period game? This isn't what the league is for. Please finish your games in their ENTIRETY, or we will have to find someone else who will.

i forfeited the last period of that game halifax is that within the rules?

I just finished my series with him just now we're in the process of logging rest of the games

Edited by mav

i forfeited the last period of that game halifax is that within the rules?

I just finished my series with him just now we're in the process of logging rest of the games

Don't be lame :P

Finish games to the end of the 3rd; it's just 3-4 minutes per period.

Don't forget that you're robbing people of GF/GA stats. In the case of ties, those are important for playoff seedings. Plus, a 4 goal comeback is totally possible in '94!

Don't be lame :P

Finish games to the end of the 3rd; it's just 3-4 minutes per period.

Don't forget that you're robbing people of GF/GA stats. In the case of ties, those are important for playoff seedings. Plus, a 4 goal comeback is totally possible in '94!

alright fine ok. im trying to get in touch with the dude again convince to play 1 period where either we keep same score play normally or i spot him a 4-0 lead then we start playing 1 period only.

cuz i dont want to start a f**king shitstorm again or be a part of it

IS THAT COOL WITH ALL OF YOU GUYS?

Halifax/Chaos

Why is mav allowed to be in any league. There is a reason he got kicked out of GDL, there is a reason he got kicked out of Blitz. Do the right thing and just boot him from classic. He gives the rest of the players a bad name.

If nobody is available to take his team I can do it.

Halifax/Chaos

Why is mav allowed to be in any league. There is a reason he got kicked out of GDL, there is a reason he got kicked out of Blitz. Do the right thing and just boot him from classic. He gives the rest of the players a bad name.

If nobody is available to take his team I can do it.

Look dickon i know i made a mistake now I AM TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR IT BY DOING THE RIGHT THING AND YOU WANT TO VILIFY FOR IT. I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY GAMES

I'm trying to get in touch with this dude again but i cant get an answer even though I just played the guy 3 games in a row all logged and legit(NO COMPLAINTS)

You make it sound like everyone should be proud of you for only quitting 1 out of 4 games. I think it is time to just give it up as you just can't handle losing.

and you cant quit bitching

Look dickon i know i made a mistake now I AM TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR IT BY DOING THE RIGHT THING AND YOU WANT TO VILIFY FOR IT. I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY GAMES

I'm trying to get in touch with this dude again but i cant get an answer even though I just played the guy 3 games in a row all logged and legit(NO COMPLAINTS)

keyboard4.jpg

Edited by Salty Dog