NHL'94 Forums

How are you at newer hockey games?

Hey,

I'd like to get an idea of how everyone is at newer games. I've played a few games recently of NHL 09 for ps3, and I'm OK at it. I find it harder to score. My traditional ways of scoring are one-timers, going around the net and looping around, and skating up either wing and crossing over. It's harder to score that way because the playing surface is much bigger than the days of NHL 94 obviously, but it's also harder to get open as players follow you more closely.

Pretty good, was top 50 in NHL 09 (360) until I got bored like FPB said. i only played 7 games online for '10 and was 7-0. i've only played 16 games for '11 and am 13-3. No real excitement to any of it anymore.

Hey Beavers, did you go for the 7-day or month trial or did you actually pay? Being able to pay for something that should be free (Like many companies do when it comes to online play) isn't my bag. Freaking EA...

I hope to get either NHL 10 or 11.

I suck, I still have 2 new Xbox 360 wireless controllers and xbox 360 and nhl '11 still in the packaging unopened since my birthday. The last time I played the new hockey games was like nhl '08 or '09. i was terrible. Every time I was going down I was using the toggle stick as if I was going up. So, when I would pull back for a slapshot, well I forgot what my guy would do but he didn't take a blue line slapper I know that much. Even with the Nhl'94 control option (which i was excited to see) it made it easier but you don't stand a chance against the toggle stick. Maybe you do? Maybe I blow and that's why? But it seemed I didn't have as many options with the puck.

I suck, I still have 2 new Xbox 360 wireless controllers and xbox 360 and nhl '11 still in the packaging unopened since my birthday. The last time I played the new hockey games was like nhl '08 or '09. i was terrible. Every time I was going down I was using the toggle stick as if I was going up. So, when I would pull back for a slapshot, well I forgot what my guy would do but he didn't take a blue line slapper I know that much. Even with the Nhl'94 control option (which i was excited to see) it made it easier but you don't stand a chance against the toggle stick. Maybe you do? Maybe I blow and that's why? But it seemed I didn't have as many options with the puck.

There is an option to make shooting consistent, might be called "always up". so you always pull back to wind up and push forwards to shoot.

you might as well sell it now, before its worth $5 in october...

I was pretty good at NHL '11 in that EA Sports Ultimate Hockey Team mode online, where you buy player cards and build your own team. I made it all the way to #253 in the world but then I got bored.

there is the option to use NHL 94 controls in 11 if you're not aware BTW