NHL'94 Forums

No suspension?!

shaftman

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya sure, no ones denying there isn't bad blood between the two. I guess a reasonable question is, if the centre divider wasn't there, does anyone think Chara would've pulled up and NOT hit pacioretti? Highly doubt it, but then again it would call for speculation on Chara's intent.

I dont think anyone is going to change anyone elses minds here. I think it was a hockey play where Chara was finishing his check, albeit a little late and other guys think it was illegal and some murder. The end result of the play is what is driving this debate, had pacs been ok this would've ended 25 posts ago.

Well yeah. He was clearly behidn the play. He could have grabbed him or something.

Was you call ''A hockey play'' is blatent inteference.

It's like calling boarding a hockey play because you strip someone of the puck.

How is it 'blatant' when they engage when pacioretty has the puck? They never separate and Chara continues him into the boards. Thats finishing a check.

regardless of whethere anyone thinks it was clean, dirty or marginal, I think another question out of this is where was the response from the Canadian players immediately afterwards? I only saw the much maligned Gomez 'attempt' to confront Chara.

If I were a Habs fan, I'd be concerned with the lack of attempt at retribution right afterwards. My team (Sabres) has been known for not sticking up for one another when they perceive they've been cheap shotted. I hate that about them.

I would've liked to have seen someone tough from the Habs jump the boards and go after Chara. Especially after it looked like the whole Habs bench was up in arms over the hit.

Well Ice since it was such a clean move by Chara i don't think anyone should have jump on him. And yes your so right, Chara never tried to had his revenge on pacioretty, he just kept slashing hmi and going on him after the whistle since that ot goal. It must be a coincidence!

And yes Chara is not a dirty player, u know why? cause each time he does stupid ass things the league doesent do anything.

AND lol at the broons! Nice trades! they look so bad last night it was pathetic

finishing his check...wow asstorm, i wouldnt play hockey vs you O_o. Good father you are here! The perfect american dad :D

Edited by Freydey

Answer the question Frey, you're saying it wasn't clean, so why didn't the Habs respond in any capacity? Also, you know as well as I that even on clean ahrd hits sometimes there's payback of some sort.

loland i NEVER said Chara was a clean player. In fact, if slashing people is considered 'dirty' then the WHOLE league is filthy lol.

Answer the question Frey, you're saying it wasn't clean, so why didn't the Habs respond in any capacity? Also, you know as well as I that even on clean ahrd hits sometimes there's payback of some sort.

loland i NEVER said Chara was a clean player. In fact, if slashing people is considered 'dirty' then the WHOLE league is filthy lol.

I dunno man probably because they tought their teamate just died on the ice and they had other things to think about? As for the dirty things, maybe u didnt say so, but the dumb asses that gave Chara 0 suspension since hes in the league thinks that this guy is clean. And since you think that he didndt deserve any suspension, i think u guys share the same brain

Edited by Freydey

Good father you are here! The perfect american dad :D

why do you guys have to personally attack people who have differing views then u? not once have I said anything derragatory about habs fans.

why do you guys have to personally attack people who have differing views then u? not once have I said anything derragatory about habs fans.

I'm just ashamed of what you think.

Maybe instead of talking about Charas hit,people should be talking about elimanating the stanchion or whatever it is and make the glass go around the WHOLE surface and this wouldve never happened.I remember playing hockey when i was a young stud muffin and we always used the doors and there was no need to hop over the boards,but you know the big babies of nhl would cry about it and rather have players getting broken necks n s**t.

I'm just ashamed of what you think.

then say that, dont start calling out my parenting skills. I respect your opinion but disagree.

Let me know next time you guys that play hockey slow up along the boards when you have someone you consider a rat. Let me know the next time you deliver a marginal check and defend it by saying 'well I didn't mean to hit him that way but it was a split second decision'.

Bottom line I feel bad for Max and I don't believe what Chara did was vicious and intended to cause the outcome. Hokkee is right if that's a 'danger zone' as everyone puts it, get rid of it.

On a side note, shouldn't Pacs bear some level of responsibility for knowing who was on the ice, where he was on the ice and the situation that was occuring?

And the plot thickens - the police are getting involved.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Cops+probe+Pacioretty/4415669/story.html#ixzz1GD9PgJ2B

Haha imagine the streets of Montreal if Chara gets off free? Think Rodney King. Or the Habs winning game 1 of the Eastern quarter-finals.

Also, I'm pretty sure nobody went after Chara because he is a gigantic monster, and judging by the last game those two teams played, Chara would've put their entire team in the hospital instead of just whatshisface.

And the plot thickens - the police are getting involved.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Cops+probe+Pacioretty/4415669/story.html#ixzz1GD9PgJ2B

Haha imagine the streets of Montreal if Chara gets off free? Think Rodney King. Or the Habs winning game 1 of the Eastern quarter-finals.

Also, I'm pretty sure nobody went after Chara because he is a gigantic monster, and judging by the last game those two teams played, Chara would've put their entire team in the hospital instead of just whatshisface.

ok,i have watched the video a few more times this morning and chara definately seen the stanchion coming ,he was looking straight ahead when he gave him that extra bit of umph into it.Why is the nhl so blind to this?.They should have gave him some kind of suspension and it wouldve been over with,now...here come the BAD BOYS, BAD BOYS ,WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU...BAD BOYS, BAD BOYS HAHAHAHA

Icestorm: You're an absolute retard. There's no other word for it.

Let's now put some responsiblity on the guys who got assaulted because someone dangerous was on the ice.

Ridiculous. I guess Brashear should have known Mcsorley would slash him in the face you douchebag.

You're a big piece of human detritus.

Vancouver Canucks captain Henrik Sedin doesn't understand why the National Hockey League exonerated Boston Bruin Zdeno Chara, but San Jose Shark Joe Thornton has an idea.

“It's just something with Boston; it seems like they have a horse shoe,” Thornton said before Thursday's game between the Canucks and Sharks.

Thornton noted that only two games earlier, Bruin Milan Lucic was not suspended for a blindside cross-check to the head of Tampa's Dominic Moore, who was engaged with Bruin Nathan Horton after a whistle.

Sedin agreed with Thornton that all players know where stanchions are in rinks and understand the danger of hitting or getting hit in that area.

Presumably, then, if one player injures another by running him into a goalpost, the post is at fault?

“Exactly,” Sedin said. “What are you doing to do the next time Trevor Gillies comes down and runs a guy into the thing? You can't give him anything. And you tell the guys [Chara] has no history, so the next time he does it he still has no history because he didn't get suspended. I don't see the reasoning behind it. Give him at least something to show that's not acceptable.”

“I'll tell you this: if you say that you don't know where things are around the ice, I think you're not telling the truth,” Sedin said. “You play the game for 20 years, you know it's there. It's gotten to the point, you have to suspend guys if you hit the head. You have to do it even if guys say they didn't mean to do it or it's an accident. You have to start somewhere.

SEDIN AND THORTHON SPEAK THE TRUTH

I agree completly with icestorm. Chara sholdnt have even been kicked out it shoulda been 2 min for interference. I think pacs was just in the wrong place at the wrong time

I agree completly with icestorm. Chara sholdnt have even been kicked out it shoulda been 2 min for interference. I think pacs was just in the wrong place at the wrong time

So if someone hits another and he falls hit first on the post he's at the wrong place at the wrong time? C'mon.

lol the comparison of a goal post and stanchion is a joke. Are you saying you can't check anyone cleanly near the goal posts? Give me a break. If EVERYOINE knows where the stanchion is so well then Pachioertti should've braced himself or even ducked because HE KNOWS WHERE IT IS SINCE HE'S BEEN PLAYING 20+YEARS. Chara engaged Pac a full 10-12 feet prior to the stanchion. Wake up then,if this is what everyone is saying. Then knowing where it is applies to both players.

Anyway, people are failing to recognize Chara made a solid attempt to get the puck, then prevent the guy from getting past him. Everyone who thinks its dirty is making it out to be like he made a v-line for pacs head and driving it into the stanchion, have to look at the play as a whole, not just the last second.

I love how people are quoting candya$$ and chronic tanker Thornton now.

So if someone hits another and he falls hit first on the post he's at the wrong place at the wrong time? C'mon.

Yes, that's exactly it. Unless you're saying area's around the net and stanchion should be a no check zone? Is that a rule you're proposing FPB? No checking allowed near the net or between the bluelines along the boards, since that is where the check initiated with Chara.

Good rule, maybe we should eliminate checking in hockey all together?

Icestorm: Idk idiot. Maybe because a 6''9 guy was empeaching shoving him into the the stanchion. Maybe that's why he couldn't duck. He said it himself. ''I couldn't duck because he was holding my head''.

It wasn't a clean hit you f**king moron. What concept do you not grasp in interference?

Man without puck, you check him, you get a penalty.

Of course we won't eleminate clean hits around the net. But if you shove him while he doesn't have the puck, he's going full speed near the post and he falls on it, you deserve a suspension.

This thread reminds me of Mario Lemeieux's reaction to that NYI game a few weeks back.. Hockey is a physical game - keep your f$cking head up. No one likes to see people get seriously injured in this game no matter which side of the rivalry you are on - but watch the play. I don't see an oppotunity at an intentional planned out cheap shot - granted that hit ended nasty but it was not Chara's fault. These new rules have changed the game so these small little dudes who can skate and have hands can make it in this game since us big dudes can't hook them down or throw as vicious stick checks anymore they are able to squeeze their way into the NHL with less an emphasis on the physical aspects of the game at the pro level in modern hockey. As soon as they get destroyed on a hit lets put new rules and suspensions into place for the sake of changing the game into a pussy sport like soccer. We gotta have 200 sydney crosbys in the league to spread the game of hockey duh!

If there are players from the nhl that think the hit was cheap and the police and government are involved in this ,dont you think that there is absolutetly something wrong with what chara did? if not ,then maybe your deaf dumb and blind

Why is it that everyone outside the province of Quebec is laughing at the french canadian police getting involved. That is an absolute joke. Vinny is right, the game is turning into a bunch of candya$$es.

FPB for the last time, see if you can finally let this sink in, Chara ENGAGED Pac in contact 10-12 feet prior to the stanchion and at the SAME TIME as Pacs had the puck. He continued riding him into the boards. At no point should Pacs have been surprised by the check nor did Chara GRAB his head, that's a joke.

You keep making it sound like the puck was not in the vicinity and Chara blind sided him. It was a HOCKEY PLAY with BAD results, not a homicide or an assault. JUst surprised so called hockey playing people such as urself can't grasp that. Of course, it could be because its Chara and one of your beloved Habs. Hmmmm, Greg Brady was right, if it was a Blue Jacket the Air Canada wouldn;t say boo, nor would you guys be so fired up about it.

If there are players from the nhl that think the hit was cheap and the police and government are involved in this ,dont you think that there is absolutetly something wrong with what chara did? if not ,then maybe your deaf dumb and blind

Maybe you're deaf, dumb and blind if you believe everything the media and the little red dudes in canada on horses have to say about a hit in A HOCKEY GAME. Bottom line is I don't believe in suspending a player for playing hard through a hit - Chara is a big man.. Keep your head up and know he is there or you'll unfortunately wind up like this guy.

Maybe you're deaf, dumb and blind if you believe everything the media and the little red dudes in canada on horses have to say about a hit in A HOCKEY GAME. Bottom line is I don't believe in suspending a player for playing hard through a hit - Chara is a big man.. Keep your head up and know he is there or you'll unfortunately wind up like this guy.

Maybe they should have spikes on their shoulder and elbow pads to or maybe just have a 9mm in there pants to take guys out.Thats not a fair hit ,its someone trying to take a guy out.We have all seen the video ,he knew EXACTLY what he was doing and thats that.Sure he didnt mean to hurt him that bad, but he was trying to take him out and he knew the post was coming.If we had a country wide jury ,Chara would be found guilty.People who think its a perfectly fine hit are just stupid.The main part of this is that HE KNEW HE WAS GOING TO CHECK HIM INTO THE STANCHION,But its there and its a part of the gladiators arena so it is a part of hockey at the moment.It stilll doesnt make it right for someone to knowingly slam someone into it.