NHL'94 Forums

Today's NHL94 Trivia: The beezer.

halifax

John Vanbiesbrouck was the first overall selection for the Florida panthers in the 1993 expansion draft.

Which team was he acquired from?

(First person with the correct answer wins an nhl94 GA poster signed by freydey and zalex.)

Vancouver :o

/thank-you wikipedia

After playing parts of 11 season with the Rangers he was traded to the Vancouver Canucks in 1993. The move was made due to a combination of the Rangers fear that they would lose him in the upcoming Expansion Draft and their decision to keep Mike Richter as their starting goaltender. The Canucks made the deal as a way of protecting other players on their team from being selected in the Expansion Draft and not with the intention of keeping him. Vanbiesbrouck was selected first overall in the draft by the Florida Panthers.

I also did not know he's American..

Nice detective work smoz! The Vancouver Canucks is correct! Frey and Zalex will contact you for your address to send your prize.

I thought I might catch someone with the New york rangers on this. Sorry orangeblack! You still rock though bud.

Here's another one. It could be an easy one for veteran fans, but I want to give it a shot.

Which goalie is the only one in NHL history to have gone pro directly from high school without having played professional hockey in his first years?

Here's another one. It could be an easy one for veteran fans, but I want to give it a shot.

Which goalie is the only one in NHL history to have gone pro directly from high school without having played professional hockey in his first years?

I believe Tom Barasso was the first...is he the only one?

I believe Tom Barasso was the first...is he the only one?

Zing! The man gets the prize!

We should keep this thread going. This is kinda fun.

Zing! The man gets the prize!

We should keep this thread going. This is kinda fun.

I dont deserve the prize bud...Zalex told me the answer...send him your gift.