NHL'94 Forums

hfboards, SNES 2011 playoffs ROM, your help, etc.

trudatman

thanks. awesome.

bumped for the final three teams to do: DET, FLA, LA. please help.

just FLA and DET left. PLEASE help.

just DET left.

no full teams left. making progress. 2011 SNES playoffs ROM is a reality.

Watching the Leafs-Bruins game just now, and the announcers were relating how someone asked Ron Wilson who the fastest Leafs were, and he said Kessel, Grabovski, Kulemin, and Bozak. I'm surprised not to see Brown on that list..

CGY: Nemisz, Carson, Hagman

COL: Gaunce

LA: Parse

NSH: O'Reilly, Halischuk, Bouillon

NYR: Johnson

PHX: Bissonnette

TB: Roloson, Smith, Smaby

I could use agility/speed/control ratings for those players. reply if you can help.

Edited by trudatman

I gone done confuseded myself by asking for "speed/agility/control" and "agility/speed/control" in this thread. doh. to confirm, Hagman is fast, yeah? thanks.

edit: I'll assume agility/speed/control for the rest of this thread, if folks don't differentiate.

Edited by trudatman

I gone done confuseded myself by asking for "speed/agility/control" and "agility/speed/control" in this thread. doh. to confirm, Hagman is fast, yeah? thanks.

edit: I'll assume agility/speed/control for the rest of this thread, if folks don't differentiate.

i think he's slow. accurate shot, good offensive awareness.

CGY: Nemisz, Carson

LA: Parse

NSH: O'Reilly, Halischuk, Bouillon

NYR: Johnson

PHX: Bissonnette

TB: Roloson, Smith, Smaby

I could use agility/speed/control ratings for those players. reply if you can help.

Edited by trudatman

aargh! my brain hurts.

please give a look at the charts I'm updating in the first post of this thread. thanks.

please give a look at the charts I'm updating in the first post of this thread. thanks.

Which columns are valid? (ryan white on MTL with 100 passing?)

you could help by indicating what you think I have wrong and what you think it should be. ex: "MTL White pass 65." thanks.

see below.

Edited by trudatman

anaui.png

boszv.png

buf.png

cgy.png

cari.png

chiw.png

dal.png

detv.png

edm.png

flax.png

mtl.png

ott.png

teamsa.png

endurance is also the goaltenders' stick right skill. ??? is fighting skill, but it is essentially a wildcard stat, as the game has no fighting. aggression is the reputation with the refs; don't worry about it nor shot accuracy, as those are pulled directly from season stats. ignore shot accuracy and aggression -- I'm looking for comments on anything else I may have gotten wrong. thanks for your time.

Senators:

Shannon and Condra don't deserve 100 offensive awareness.

If anyone does, it's Spezza, who mysteriously has only 65 here. I would also increase Bobby Butler's Off.Aw.

Karlson is second on the team in points, as a defenseman, and he has 25 Off.Aw, that does not seem right :D

a lot of these things with the awarenesses are to keep the overall ratings down (weighted +/-), so if you see one that is glaringly wrong, it would be helpful if you could suggest other ratings for the player(s) that could be lowered to offset the raised awareness or raised to offset the lowered awareness. you know what I mean? thanks.

Just some thoughts: when season is closing to it´s end some rookies usually get lots of easy points when best players are fatigued after long season. Every season we see some rookies play about 10-20 games and get 0,5 points per game or more. That doesn´t make them good players, or that does not even mean they have good offensive awareness.

I checked Anaheim´s roster. There´s lots of weirdness.

First: You know that "stick left ?????" is shoot/pass bias indicator? 25 means player shoots all the time, 100 is the opposite.

-Ruutu is very physical forward, I´d make his checking and agr 85

-Winchester fights occasionally, his agr can´t be worse than Koivu´s and Ryan´s

-Koivu hasn´t ever been good shooter, I made his accuracy 65 in my attributes and shot power 55

-There´s too many fast skaters, Parros and Sutton´s mobility are 35/25

-Why so few player has 25, 35, 45?

-There´s too much 100´s, only Getzlaf´s offensive awareness is 100 I think

-Lydman isn´t GOD! :D His offense can´t be more than 65. And his checking isn´t nearly best in NHL, I´d say 65. But I also made his endurance 100

-Nice, you knew Sutton has huge slapper! but I think it should be 85 as he hardly ever has enough time to wire it

Buffalo´s Gerbe who is 5´5 and never checks anyone to the ice has 85 checking? How about 25 or 35.

Question: How did you manage to change one Buffalo goalie to forward?

Edited by Sat

....You know that "stick left ?????" is shoot/pass bias indicator? 25 means player shoots all the time, 100 is the opposite....Question: How did you manage to change one Buffalo goalie to forward?

I did not know that. are you 100% sure? I thought it was a vestigial fighting data column. as for the player types, the SNES editor has a box to click to add/subtract goaltenders, defensemen and forwards. your other comments are appreciated and noted. thanks!

First: You know that "stick left ?????" is shoot/pass bias indicator? 25 means player shoots all the time, 100 is the opposite.

I did not know that. are you 100% sure? I thought it was a vestigial fighting data column. as for the player types, the SNES editor has a box to click to add/subtract goaltenders, defensemen and forwards. your other comments are appreciated and noted. thanks!

I'm not sure it's shoot/pass bias, either. But it's an interesting idea. I'll check it out tonight...

But Gretzky, Oates, and Mario Lemieux all have 25 (in Genesis) so it doesn't make sense to me.

by jove, I think he's got it!

if you compare the top assist getters from 1993 to their supposed "Rgh" (Roughness) rating in NHL94 (via the Blitz94 player search), all the top assist-getters have a zero! (which maps to 25)

He's just got it backwards: 0(25) means he gets lots of assists. However, it doesn't seem to factor goals into it.. Lemieux had loads of assists, but he had almost as many goals. But still, an awesome find.

How did you figure that out, Sat?

so, this would only be for computer-controlled players, right? it wouldn't do anything to a human-controlled player, right? this is amazing. I will be scrambling to get this ROM done by tomorrow, knowing I must now go back and fix all of that. wow. damn it!

this is a breakthrough, right? I never saw this expressed before. this site needs a "hacker's guide" overhaul. too much is spread around in threads like this one. ROM mapping -- we should do it.