NHL'94 Forums

2 on 2 '94 league

HABS

This was discussed in the cupchase post mortem thread by clockwise.. a team of 2 using either the 2vs2 rom or 3vs3 .

I think we can get a tournament going with about 4-6 teams.. just find somebody to team up with and be good to go.

tourny format will be something like this ..3 game [or so] priliminary round followed by best of 5 series' of 2-3 rounds depending on the entries.

If anybody is interested in teaming up with a buddy in this tournament post here.

I have no idea if this will interest anybody. :) getting all 4 people online at once is not easy so this tourny will probably have very few teams

If this is the sign-up, count me in. I don't have anyone I want to play with in particular, so I'm easy that way. The only thing is that I seem to be far away from the rest of you, therefore the ping is high. If you're willing to play with a high pinger I'm game.

The biggest problem will be getting 4 people online at the same time. The best thing to do may be to decide on a night, see who shows up and improv a tourney format. I'm willing to do this, as I've done lots of formats for different amounts of players. Or we could set up an informal "league" where we meet and play for fun on any given night (or weekend afternoon, if that's when people are available).

There it is. Let's get this party started.

I've seen this "3on3" rom mentioned before, and I saw a video with 0on1 :D And now I finally experimented with the snes version and it wasn't hard at all to do. Heh.. I just wonder if there is such rom out there for snes already or if I "should" make one.. ;)

Edit: I put one togheter real quick.. I just removed all defensemen from the "Best Line", so if you turn on line changes there will be full lines heh. I also changed the default values of period length to 5 minutes and goalie control to manual. Other than that it's the default NHL 94 rom, for SNES that is..

Edit 2: Get the fixed rom here: http://nhl94.com/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=19545

If this is the sign-up, count me in. I don't have anyone I want to play with in particular, so I'm easy that way. The only thing is that I seem to be far away from the rest of you, therefore the ping is high. If you're willing to play with a high pinger I'm game.

The biggest problem will be getting 4 people online at the same time. The best thing to do may be to decide on a night, see who shows up and improv a tourney format. I'm willing to do this, as I've done lots of formats for different amounts of players. Or we could set up an informal "league" where we meet and play for fun on any given night (or weekend afternoon, if that's when people are available).

There it is. Let's get this party started.

I'm in

Im in, just dont have a partner yet, ill take anyone

ok this is officially the sign up thread then.. if we can get atleast 3 more ppl [7 would be ideal] we can get a tourny going of 4-6 teams.

it will work like this: round robin face each team one time to determine seedings..playoffs best of 5 or 7 for 2-3 rounds depending on # of entries. This will be a short and small tournament which should be very competitive.

...anybody else ready to signup?

Im in.

The rom above is the one I edited in NOSE. It's now possible to play 2on2 with line changes disabled, too.

I'd also like to know how we determine which players are 2, 3, and 4 when joining a game in Kaillera.

Im in.

The rom above is the one I edited in NOSE. It's now possible to play 2on2 with line changes disabled, too.

I'd also like to know how we determine which players are player 2, 3 and 4 when joining in a server.

First and third players to join the channel play against second and fourth players to join the channel.

• 2 weeks later...

ok a few more guys and we can start a small tourny..hell, 1 more guy should even out the teams

no laggy connections plz.. with 4 players you need ideal connections for no lag and no desyncs

also the actual rom will be either 3on3 or 2on2, probably 2on2.. which specific rom we're going to use is still TBA.

i guess we'll see if this thing can actually get off its feet ;)

• 2 weeks later...
if theres a spot open Im in HABS. (cr0ssbar)

whos my partner?

probably pavel...

we have got:

cr0ssbar/ pavel

*clockwise/ camkneely

lou is god/ nick2222?

girabit? / gr8199?

*myself/ toronto1cougar

I havnt seen gr899 or nick222 on, so we'll see

pavel do you have AIM? you will need it

probably pavel...

we have got:

cr0ssbar/ pavel

*clockwise/ camkneely

lou is god/ nick2222?

girabit? / gr8199?

*myself/ toronto1cougar

I havnt seen gr899 or nick222 on, so we'll see

pavel do you have AIM? you will need it

i'm in if you need a guy

Played 2on2 for about 3 hours last night.

Once everybody got the flow going, and teammates got it together, there were some awesome tick-tack-toe one timers. Lots of high scoring OT contests as well.

Here is a screen cap GorilliaOilers took from one of the games:
showletter0zu.jpg
I think we won this game 8-7 in OT. Games were split with each team winning 5 games.

In short, 2on2 is a blast. Im throwing GorilliaOilers name into the hat if anyone is sitting on the fence and hasn't signed up yet or doesn't have teammate.

So far we have:

clockwise / Cam Kneely - Penguins

HABS / toronto1cougar - ?

Evan / in54time - ?

nhl92fan, pavel, gr8199kings, Nick, GorilliaOilers and ken. Someones has to join forces out of this bunch. Only 4 teams are necessary.

The tournament could be the best of three between teams. There would only be six preliminary games before the finals, I think everyone can handle this. Six games can be done in one sitting.

Lets get the show on the road.

Format:

1 game vs each team to determine seeds...possibly 2 vs each

Playoff round: Best of 5 / Finals: Best of 5 possibly 7

periods 5mins

line changes off

penalties off

offsides off

The rom will be released soon..it will feature high octane players- Roenick on C and Fleury on LW... and you must have a great goalie for these guys so it will be Roy in net. The original Rom has some really terrible passers...every team will be even regardless.

Might be possible to get 5 teams in..

Okay, we have an update with one more team being added into the fold:

Bo Knows NHL94 / sNo Bo arder - Dallas

Evan / in54time - ?

Okay, we have an update with one more team being added into the fold:

Evan / in54time - ?

yes its about time to get ready to rumble..

caseclosed/crossbar is another possible team yet to be confirmed... schedule will be ready soon

only thing to be determined is if the goalie ratings in the nhl942on2.bin should be increased

yes its about time to get ready to rumble..

caseclosed/crossbar is another possible team yet to be confirmed... schedule will be ready soon

only thing to be determined is if the goalie ratings in the nhl942on2.bin should be increased

I'm in54time.. i'll be with evan.... are we doing it where every team has the same players with ratings and all? if so, i pick edmonton for us.

Teams are set.

HABS / sonicxxx - Edmonton

Evan / Lou is God - Devils

It looks like there will only be four teams. Sorry to those left out.

HABS will post the format and schedule shortly.

• 10 months later...