NHL'94 Forums

Updates for Future Articles

angryjay93

These are the upcoming articles I have for the team breakdowns and when they should be released.

Vancouver Canucks: 0-2 days

Washington Capitals: Mostly written, could be tomorrow, could be next year.

Calgary Flames: 3-7 days (This is closer to completion than Washington, I might release it first.)

Teams Left to Do:

Dallas Stars
Florida Panthers (Written, in need of editing)
Hartford Whalers (Completed, ready for posting)
New Jersey Devils (Completed, in need of editing)
New York Rangers (Written, in need of editing)
Ottawa Senators (Completed, ready for posting)
Quebec Nordiques (LAST ONE!!!)
Tampa Bay Lightning (Written, in need of editing)

is it in the GAPON?

Looks like I emptied the clip here today with the postings of NYR and Tampa in the same day.

Could be a week or so before I reload and start posting again.

just don't tire yourself out man

• 2 weeks later...

Got Dallas up there today, starting to run out of good teams to write about.

Ottawa is currently in the works, but I'm not happy with it as it is neither serious or funny, I think I'll have to start over.

Washington is on a different computer, which is why it keeps getting pushed back since I never have time to write when that computer is available to me.

Just 5 more teams, who would have thought!

New Jersey and Florida have both been posted now, I know I had droves of PM's in my inbox bugging me about when id publish those two, so every one can just shut the hell up now. :P

Washington and Quebec is all thats left, shouldn't be too long before i pump those babies out.

Once those articles get posted, I will obviously have to move onto something else. If there are any requests or ideas, go ahead and post them below and we can try to figure out something that people want to read.

Or I can just shut the hell up, that works too. :lol:

Once those articles get posted, I will obviously have to move onto something else. If there are any requests or ideas, go ahead and post them below and we can try to figure out something that people want to read.

Or I can just shut the hell up, that works too. :lol:

Video tutorials on scoring! :P

Video tutorials on scoring! :P

Yeah, I remember we talked about this last year, I think it might be a bit too much for my limited abilities in video editing. Perhaps still frames and written/oral commentary would be possible?

Yeah, I remember we talked about this last year, I think it might be a bit too much for my limited abilities in video editing. Perhaps still frames and written/oral commentary would be possible?

I totally forgot that we talked about this (and I still don't remember it).

But yeah, anything would be amazing. Actually, pictures would probably be better than videos, with arrows drawn on them, etc. Xs and Os and whatnot. Bonus work would be adding some savestates of instant replays for download, corresponding to the different plays (rather than converting to videos..).

How about a special tutorial that details the fine art of manual goalie? That can help out newbs a big deal.

or how bout a tutorial on how to use/scoring goals with Bob Bassen properly :lol:

Edited by mav

• 1 month later...

How about a special tutorial that details the fine art of manual goalie? That can help out newbs a big deal.

That would be helpful especially if the Auto goalie gets into a bad position before you take control of them

• 1 year later...

I've cleaned up some of team evaluations, it looks like some of the formating took a hit when the forums got updated. Just wanted to make it easier for anyone reading it in preperation of their classic seasons.

I know Washington and Quebec still arent complete, but I still have my templates, I'll try to get Quebec posted soon since they are common team in classic.

Aside from that, I cant assure any other updates in the near future. Good to see my fellow buds keeping the '94 dream alive though. Play on!!!

• 7 months later...

Probably a bit too late to beneficial for this classic season. But I'm reworking some of my older articles to be more closely formatted with the newer ones.

I'm also adding a few more substitute profiles to the older articles since they seemed a little scant in that respect.

3 years, 6 months, and 11 days since the first article went up, I have finally posted the last article for the individual teams.

I have no current plans to continue writing in this section, I just merely wanted to finish this portion since it was long overdue. I'd like to thank everybody who has read, applied, or commented in this section of the forums, I realize that I have been out of the game for quite some time now and some of my information may be obsolete. Hopefully though this still continues to be a great section for beginners and vets alike as we continue to learn more about this amazing game.

Play on Buds! :dal_skater_hand_grab:

Thanks for finishing this up AJ! I love these articles, and it's the first place I direct all new players. Such a great resource and reference. Even after hundreds (thousands? :unsure: ) of games played, I enjoy reading them from time to time.

Hope to see you around!

• 2 months later...

I'm toying with the idea of creating a GDL draft cheat sheet/primer. I'm also thinking of making lists like Top 10 sleepers, busts, types of player (Grinders, snipers, slugs, etc.).

I want to gauge the interest in such articles or would it be viewed as mostly overkill since the majority of GDL'ers know what they're doing on draft day?

Feel free to PM me or reply below. Thanks.

I'm toying with the idea of creating a GDL draft cheat sheet/primer. I'm also thinking of making lists like Top 10 sleepers, busts, types of player (Grinders, snipers, slugs, etc.).

I want to gauge the interest in such articles or would it be viewed as mostly overkill since the majority of GDL'ers know what they're doing on draft day?

PLEASE DO THIS!!!!

good idea. do it.

PLEASE DO THIS!!!!

WHAT HE SAID!!

• 2 years later...

In a minor upset, it took me less than 4 months to include a CB section for every team. Hopefully this along with all the other articles and comments will be put to good use for the upcoming classic league.

What I'd really love to see in the future, is people commenting in the teams section on any findings they come across or stats they accumulate while using the team in classic. I would love to get more hard data and varying opinions especially as more people with different play styles use each team. Hell, even if the SNES guys felt inclined to do this I'd have no qualms as the differences in the versions has been reduced with CB tech now taking hold in GENS.

In the mean time I do have another project brewing although it is still quite some time from publication. I want to create a matchup chart/tier list which will hopefully help us solidify what teams rank where and identify notable matchups. Once we identify the games we want to focus on we can then break them down in a way where each team tries to exploit or mitigate a weakness in the matchup.

I forget who suggested this idea but I think it's something we should dive into more of in the future. We have the ability to go back into the nhl94.com data as well as data from previous tourneys where records were maintained. The way to prepare for the future is to look at the past.

Great work AJ.

As a snes guy, this CB thing is over my head. Can you post the link that explains this thing again please? Despite the CB thing narrowing the gap between gens and snes in terms of player value, I still see some big differences in who is considered good and bad on each system.

I personally really like the idea you posted above, to have top 10 lists for different types of players (snipers, slugs etc). That would be cool to see and debate or vote on.