NHL'94 Forums

NO DIAL UP ALLOWED

Zalex

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should Iceguy be excluded from leagues until he upgrades from Mexicano Dial Up ?

• Yes
    • No
    • He should just play soccer games instead of 94

Yeah i started with the tacoman and if I hurt your feelings, im reallty sorry......now il just call you ICEGAY!! :D

This thread is less a waste of space that the random thread of GA. At least here we discuss about online issues we have while playing 94.

You fail there, GA is never a waste of space.

Edited by Freydey

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HABS

Posted Images

J'ai jamais dit que cétait inutile le thread de GA connard.

J'ai juste dit que c'était moins approprié que ce topic pour que la felluette ce la ferme.

Ribbit!

hi wags

wags? what is that? i am frogman

someone find out this dude's ip please

WTFGA MAV

STALKER :horror:

YOU ARE CREEPY

funny-pictures-you-have-a-feline-stalker.jpg

Anyone who has less than a good connection, should definitely be trying a wired connection as opposed to wireless. If you don't mind losing a few frames per second in a first-person-shooter game, and getting killed, that is okay, but when playing in a league, you want to do well, and want all of your opponents to have same advantage of playing well, as this is good for the health of the league.

I would highly recommend anyone playing in a league use a wired connection, as it can make a world of difference. What I have noticed is that you can get away with some lag in NHL Hockey aka NHL'92, without it having a huge effect on the game, but NHL'94 is much more finicky of a game, and a small bit of lag makes a big difference.

In our Madden/NHL/Bill Walsh leagues, some people have had painful wireless connections, but when switching to hard wired connection, goes to nearly perfect.

And if you are a decent player, getting a few more FPS in your game via a wired connection, will make you even better.

Anyone who has less than a good connection, should definitely be trying a wired connection as opposed to wireless. If you don't mind losing a few frames per second in a first-person-shooter game, and getting killed, that is okay, but when playing in a league, you want to do well, and want all of your opponents to have same advantage of playing well, as this is good for the health of the league.

I would highly recommend anyone playing in a league use a wired connection, as it can make a world of difference. What I have noticed is that you can get away with some lag in NHL Hockey aka NHL'92, without it having a huge effect on the game, but NHL'94 is much more finicky of a game, and a small bit of lag makes a big difference.

In our Madden/NHL/Bill Walsh leagues, some people have had painful wireless connections, but when switching to hard wired connection, goes to nearly perfect.

And if you are a decent player, getting a few more FPS in your game via a wired connection, will make you even better.

wow I thought you were dead hehe

funny-pictures-you-have-a-feline-stalker.jpg

lololol you better keep an eye out ! Watch for some bald short fat guy with his weiner hanging out staring in your window lolol.....or maybe standing over your bed in middle of night hahahaha

Edited by hokkeefan

• 2 weeks later...

dude we had never connection problems ,but now the last 2 TIMES we tried over the past few weeks were fricken hurrendous.Game 1 you pulled out a 4-3 win in the strobe light game and then we tried game 2 and we froze and then our 2nd try you go ahead 4-1 then i scored to make it 4-3 and it lags out again and you disappear every fn time and dont come back.WTF !

Edited by hokkeefan

Because my wired connection is a piece of frozen s**t, that's why.

You know, I had some hopes that things would get better with wired connection; I really felt that perhaps this would provide a fresh start between some of you and me and so there was an expectation that this wouldn't happen again.

Unfortunately, such idea was too good to be true. The connection transformed from a treasure cove to a gargantuan piece of buffalo poop. It has caused so much problems that after some errors force me to close down some stuff on my User Profile on my laptop, the connection goes down to hell and I have to restart this piece of crap so that I can get internet connection again, and even if I want to try again for games, the piece of crap just refuses to cooperate after around 7-9 minutes.

I wish there was another solution, but I don't see how it's gonna be done. I had high hopes for playing better and cleaner games with a better connection, but it seems that unless I somehow get a magic wand and have a stable and reliable wired connection, it's just not happening. With some people, I can play just fine, but with the others I'm aware this problem isn't going to go away and so servers would have to be an alternative in case the connection isn't inclined to cooperate.

So we're back at Square 1, more or less. If there's another thing you want to say in the matter, do it here

Edited by RedWingDevil

There's another thing I've just figured. Why not use KEGA as well? This is another option to consider.

Out of curiosity I would try playing games back to back with someone using wireless for 1 game and wired for the next just so you can see or feel if there is a difference.

all my games for the last 2 years have been on wireless including 2v2, ive had no problems with connection. for the most part, i didnt notice any difference with my wired PC.

all my games for the last 2 years have been on wireless including 2v2, ive had no problems with connection. for the most part, i didnt notice any difference with my wired PC.

seems to depend on the wireless router. mine apparently blows :( i get a lot of desynchs with my wireless even though the computer and router are in the same room.

There's another thing I've just figured. Why not use KEGA as well? This is another option to consider.

Yeah, nothing much wrong with Kega (although it doesn't have a video recording mode that works during netplay). not sure which versions work, i recall there being some issue with one of the newer versions for netplay. newest one might be fine, though.