NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94-styled playoff bracket 2011

SabreFan1

Phoenix, anaheim and nashville all tied with 99 pts. So Phoenix almost played Nashville in the first round, that would have been the worst playoff series in the history of the league for sure.

And I guess I will put my predictions up here like last year.

Eastern Conference

Washington over New York in 7

Buffalo over Philadelphia in 6 (i know, shocking comming from me but im not too confident right now)

Montreal over Boston in 7

Tampa Bay over Pittsburgh in 7

Washington over Buffalo in 6

Montreal over Tampa Bay in 6

Washington over Montreal in 7

Western Conference

Vancouver over Chicago in 7

San Jose over Los Angeles in 7

Detroit over Phoenix in 6

Nashville over Anaheim in 7

Vancouver over Nashville in 7

Detroit over San Jose in 5

Detroit over Vancouver in 7

The Finals

Detroit over Washington in 7

Eastern Conference

Buffalo over Philadelphia in 6 (i know, shocking comming from me but im not too confident right now)

Western Conference

The Finals

so says our resident Pierre McGuire aka OrangeBlack

Edited by mav

mtl in 4

mtl in 3

mtl in 2

mtl in 1

STANLEY CUP

Hey, I have a right to speak my mind. By the way I put your Habs in the Conference finals, so be happy. I'm more of a John Buccigros anyway.

true. but you put the CAPS in the finals. THE f**king CAPS

true. but you put the CAPS in the finals. THE f**king CAPS

It's not like they are a good hockey team or anything, they only out managed to get more points in the east than any other team this season. Granted it was the same story last year when Montreal beat them in the first round, but the Caps have a much more reserved style this year - should be interesting to see how they do in the first round with the Rangers.

Eastern Conference

Western Conference

The Finals

I think this is a pretty accurate although I don't believe Montreal will get by Tampa Bay since Tampa Bay has a punishing defense. Also a Detroit/Washington final will be legendary.

Nicely Done!

Whats with all these people around here thinkin washington wont do anything,THERE 1ST OVERALL IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE!!

Whats with all these people around here thinkin Phi is going to lose to s**t Buffalo !

Top teams in conference slack a little bit at the end cause THEY ALREADY KICKED EVERYONES ASS ALL SEASON !!

GO CANUCKS ! (and Habs)

I think this is a pretty accurate although I don't believe Montreal will get by Tampa Bay since Tampa Bay has a punishing defense. Also a Detroit/Washington final will be legendary.

Nicely Done!

TB defense sucks. Out of the 16 teams in the playoff, they are the team that allowed the most goals. (after detroit lol wtga)

Edited by Zalex

TB defense sucks. Out of the 16 teams in the playoff, they are the team that allowed the most goals. (after detroit lol wtga)

I can't believe it took this long for the Canadian's fans to start throwing a fit that somebody thinks they are going to lose.

:rolleyes::D

Edited by dcicon5148

Actually, in the first half of the season, they were leading the league in least shots allowed. They had 2 of the suckiest, Toskalol-esque goalies in the league, though.

PLAYER		GP	W	L	OTL	GAA	TOI	SV	SV%	SHO	TGA	TSA	PIM	ENG
Dwayne Roloson†	34	18	12	4	2.56	1992:35	882	.912	4	85	967	6	0
Mike Smith	22	13	6	1	2.89	1202:29	518	.899	1	58	576	2	0
Dan Ellis†	31	13	7	6	2.93	1678:42	659	.889	2	82	741	0	0

After they got Roloson and were able to allow more shots without fearing every shot going in, they fell to 6th in least shots allowed. Their GAA still fell from ~2.90 to 2.56.

Their D is not that bad!

They dont have any good Offensive d-men though. They only have 1dman with over 30pts.

MTL is the 24th worst team in the league for goals for and yet we have 3 Dmen with over 30pts (with markov healthy we would have had 4 probly).

They dont have any good Offensive d-men though. They only have 1dman with over 30pts.

MTL is the 24th worst team in the league for goals for and yet we have 3 Dmen with over 30pts (with markov healthy we would have had 4 probly).

Who needs offensive d-men when you have Stamkos, St Louis and Vinny.... And not to mention the Blitz record holder Yzerman as GM.

Who needs offensive d-men when you have Stamkos, St Louis and Vinny.... And not to mention the Blitz record holder Yzerman as GM.

theres a flaw there. you might have all the offensive talent in the world and score alot *cough* CAPS *cough* but we all know in the playoffs defense and possibly a hot goalie win championships. As for you thing about Yzerman well he's retired now and it really doesnt mean anything unless he actually gets on the ice and plays for them

theres a flaw there. you might have all the offensive talent in the world and score alot *cough* CAPS *cough* but we all know in the playoffs defense and possibly a hot goalie win championships. As for you thing about Yzerman well he's retired now and it really doesnt mean anything unless he actually gets on the ice and plays for them

i agree you need strong defense and goaltending in the play-offs, but you can't really say the Caps don't have that. WikiNeuvrith

"After being returned to the Bears, Neuvirth helped his team to the 2009 Calder Cup finals. He recorded a shutout in game three for the Bears to take a 2–1 series lead against the Manitoba Moose.[3] Neuvirth then went on with the Hershey Bears to win the 2009 Calder Cup, earning MVP honors after his game 6 win. Neuvirth went 16-6 in the playoffs and finished the postseason with a 1.92 GAA, topping Frédéric Cassivi's previous AHL playoff best 2.10 GAA.[4]

After helping the Bears to the back to back Calder Cup in 2010, Neuvirth was named the starting goaltender of the Capitals season opener on Oct. 8th against Atlanta Thrashers, in which he made 27 saves in a 4-2 loss."

Neuvirth can play in the play-offs... He's got two championships in the AHL, a playoff MVP, and an AHL playoff record for GAA. I think you guys forget last year Washington had a two goalie system between Theodore and Varlamov. As for their defense - explain what's weak about it other than they have one of the fiercest offenses around which can be argued as THE BEST defense :D

Edited by kupuck19

The Caps lacked the shutdown d-men and/or physical d-men that TB has. And just like Comeback_King mentioned you really have no clue about sarcasm, obviously Yzerman can't tell the team about his Blitz records..... Wow, you are lacking intelligence.

:lol: :lol:

Wow, you are lacking intelligence.

:lol: :lol:

funny guy. i could say the same thing about you too dickon :haha: :haha:

Edited by mav

Neuvirth went 16-6 in the playoffs and finished the postseason with a 1.92 GAA, topping Frédéric Cassivi's previous AHL playoff best 2.10 GAA.[4]

You can't really compare AHL to NHL stats, though... Afterall.. who's heard of Frédéric Cassivi?? :D

Gustavsson on the Leafs had insane stats in the Swedish Elite League (I think he also set a playoff GAA record), but hasn't really made it in the NHL.

Not saying Neuvirth will blow it, but success in the playoffs in other leagues doesn't translate to the best league in the world.

Anyway, the Capitals may be in for a tough series, as they lost 3 of 4 vs the Rangers this season.. with a combined score of 17-6, with 7-0 and 6-0 losses.. so they better have a new gameplan for the Rangers!

You can't really compare AHL to NHL stats, though... Afterall.. who's heard of Frédéric Cassivi?? :D

Gustavsson on the Leafs had insane stats in the Swedish Elite League (I think he also set a playoff GAA record), but hasn't really made it in the NHL.

Not saying Neuvirth will blow it, but success in the playoffs in other leagues doesn't translate to the best league in the world.

Without a doubt, but I do think some players can perform better in clutch situations and Neuvirth has a history of doing it, whether it happens in the NHL play-offs is pure speculation until he actually plays a game - not at all a praise of his abilities.

SJ vs LA, ANA vs NAS, and PIT vs TB. It will be the first time those teams have ever faced each other in the playoffs.

and if wikipedia is correct...it's the 33rd time habs and bruins face each other.

you're welcome for the useless trivia.

Without a doubt, but I do think some players can perform better in clutch situations and Neuvirth has a history of doing it, whether it happens in the NHL play-offs is pure speculation until he actually plays a game - not at all a praise of his abilities.

Agreed, no reason to expect he'll bomb.

Is he playing for sure? I know he played the majority of their games, but the other guys actually had better stats...

Who needs offensive d-men when you have Stamkos, St Louis and Vinny....

PENS WON

3-0

THATS WHY OFFENSIVE DMEN ARE NEEDED

SO THEY CAN

PASS THE f**king PUCK

TO

FOWARDS

NO GOALS TB

• 2 weeks later...