NHL'94 Forums

the passing/shooting-bias statistic

we owe a big thanks to a newcomer, Sat. also, Smoz was helpful in confirming/testing this concept. that "?????" column is a rating that computer-controlled players use to determine if they will pass or drive the net.

25-passes almost always

35-passes a lot

45-passes a bit more than shoots

55-passes and shoots about equally

65-shoots a bit more than passes

85-shoots a lot

100-shoots almost always

also, I feel like the time has come to work seriously to condense the hacking information around here. too many concepts are tested and reported on in seemingly unrelated threads (I am quite guilty of this) and I think ROM maps for both major versions would be projects worth taking on. maybe this should be a different thread, but I felt compelled to bring it up again, before I officially push for this in an on-topic thread.

thanks, again, folks.

it's the one that is also goaltenders' stick left. I believe it holds true for all versions of ninety flow.

Good idea, I'll write up a Player Attributes thread some time. Some attributes are linked closely to 1992-93 season stats, so I'll throw some tables in to show the relationships.

also, I feel like the time has come to work seriously to condense the hacking information around here. too many concepts are tested and reported on in seemingly unrelated threads

I made one for the Genesis side. It just lists the different threads and sort of organizes them by topic.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/8090-gens-editing-the-game-thread-guide-newbs-start-here/

Feel free to make one for SNES. I'll sticky it to the top of the list so it doesn't get lost in the chaos.

Depending on what is found about this stat, it could have fun implications. I remember some discussion about jesus' NHL91 ratings, and I think this could've streamlined them some (I think he juiced Gartner's passer rating because he passed a lot?)

Depending on what is found about this stat, it could have fun implications. I remember some discussion about jesus' NHL91 ratings, and I think this could've streamlined them some (I think he juiced Gartner's passer rating because he passed a lot?)

He gave Gartner a high passing rating because when he did pass, the passes were good (i think "adroit" was the word he used :D).

I was giving passing/assisting folks passing ratings that were too high sometimes. now I'm going back through and lowering them a bit and giving them a preference toward passing. I can't believe how long we were in the dark about this (I was pretty sure it was vestigial fighting from '93). big ups to Sat for joining us and dropping that knowledge upon us. what else are we doing incorrectly?