NHL'94 Forums

SNES 2011 Playoffs ROM

trudatman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I'm still willing to help you, but the fact that you are confused doesn't exactly lead me to knowing how to help. what have you done? what isn't working? can you stream your desktop to show me your attempts? if so, I can provide advice and assistance quite simply. it is a little bit confusing, but I feel like if you try to do what I typed, you will either get it or know what part you don't grasp. help me help you, buddy.

if you can tell them apart, which is better?

goaltop.png

picture22o.png

Are you referring to the goalie's uniform (the "main" portion)? If so, the second one looks by far better. Is that a tile or uniform palette adjustment? I suspect the former. That is the difference, and not the nets, right? Otherwise, I don't see much of a difference.

sides of the nets. sorry; I should have specified. I'm going with these goals, for now:

netsz.png

anything not quite right?

Edited by trudatman

uselesspicture.png

it does take a lot of +/- manipulation, so be VERY careful that you are sure you aren't writing into the tile next to the one you want. be careful that you are viewing the cleaner copy of the tile through the +/- spinthrough cycle (one will be garbled a bit, AVOID THESE OR SUFFER CRASHING ROMs). you should be able to spot the nets/stars/arrows easily while scrolling through the file. each star and arrow needs to be centered with +/-, as they are all offset from each other by uneven grid distances. any screenshot I make will have the other items on-screen, but not centered correctly. I think you get it. just practice and don't overwrite your files.

in that picture above? that's because I removed the stars and arrows. some of the pucks are visible, but they each need to be centered to themselves. the nets are all aligned so that once you have them lined up right, they are all lined up correctly. the individual arrows and stars are like that, too (the multiple tiles for each icon are visible together, but not with the other colors of stars and arrows). you can do it.

I just updated the link in the first post, bringing next season's pucks and goals to last season's teams. pretty damned exciting. don't be too overwhelmed.

I tried adding the bottles. Doesn't seem to work for me. I've found the nets, but when 4 nets appear, and some I can't even centre, it becomes confusing, never seems to work. I'll add the bottle, and nothing will happen.

Could you shed some light? What colour do you use? Perhaps the one I'm using blends in or something... (Although I do use brown for the bottle top)...

I tried adding the bottles. Doesn't seem to work for me. I've found the nets, but when 4 nets appear, and some I can't even centre, it becomes confusing, never seems to work. I'll add the bottle, and nothing will happen.

Could you shed some light? What colour do you use? Perhaps the one I'm using blends in or something... (Although I do use brown for the bottle top)...

the best/easiest way for a novice to pick a color to use is to make a test ROM with a whole net section replaced with stripes of the color options in the order they appear in the tile editor. play that ROM and instant replay review the image of the net to see which become which. that way, you can try to select from the colors it is already set to utilize and not worry about if trying to make it use different colors is hard to the point that you'll risk screwing something up. after you choose from the colors, reload the second-newest save file of your ROM and try your editing again. use screenshots of the instant replay to multitask, visualize colors and understand the net structure. are you using the tile assembly window in the editor? when the nets are centered correctly on the screen, each part is ready to be edited (none need the separate centering that the individual pucks and the individual player-color location icons require). look at the screenshot I wrote over and line the screen up in the exact same way. now the nets are ready. try again. this is the easy editing that even I can do. you can do this, too.

Edited by trudatman

Stefan's will be.

you could use that same image as a guide for that, too. I basically switched the black and red colors and then thickened the checkered part of the top posts and crossbar to be solid. seriously, just use that picture as a guide and redraw those tile carefully. or, if you can figure out copying and pasting in the tile program (not too hard: highlight a section, copy it, paste it, line it up, click off the pasted part to anchor it once it is in the right spot where it exactly overlays the other file), copy it right from my ROM. you have options which you can figure out through trial and error. if you save each attempt separately, there is nothing to fear in screwing up; keep at it and you will get it.

here's a recent version of my new ice machine:

picture34q.png

there have been a few minor changes to the front bumper and the walls of the seating area, but it is pretty much still like this. I'm pretty happy with it, so far, but comments are always welcome.

edit: the shadow needs work, for sure, and the top of the A needs a border fix.

Edited by trudatman

yes, but why? just copy it straight out of my ROM. pull up yours and mine next to each other and copy and paste or just copy by glancing back and forth. it's not like my ROM is locked or something. you can save me the trouble(s) by doing it yourself. so... no.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping recent downloaders will leave comments.... still working on next season's version.

forgot to show off the mouthguards. here they are:

mouthguards.png

edit: this graphical tweak is not present in the most recently updated downloadable file, but it will be in the next, I figure, with a better ice machine and maybe even some blood and/or teeth.

Edited by trudatman

• 2 weeks later...

what would be something less lame to do with the crowd noise or television audience screen?

picture44i.png

picture43y.png

I moved Atlanta and Phoenix and recolored LAK.

picture45m.png

I await tomorrow's Winnipeg jersey unveiling.

Edited by trudatman

picture47p.png Edited by trudatman