Good hit or Bad hit ?


  

7 members have voted

  1. 1. Good hit or Bad hit

    • Good hit !
      3
    • Bad hit !
      4


Recommended Posts

I even say it was a bad hit! Thats just brutal going full speed and nailing a guy when hes unaware in the jaw ,head whatever..He couldve at least hit him lower.I have been hit in hockey with my head down but the guy nailed me in the shoulder and I flew about 4 feet into the boards and blew the wind and snot right out of me haha,but it was a good hit.If that guy hit me in the head I couldve been in wheel chair.

Edited by hokkeefan
Link to post
Share on other sites

How is this hit any different in which he got 4 games and the hit from last night he gets nothing but a 2 minute penalty? I think that the NHL bases a lot on how injured the player who gets hit is. If Seabrook went to the locker room and didn't come back I would bet there would be a suspension.

Of course being from Chicago I think there should have been more than a 2 minute penalty but one thing is for sure is that players have no respect for one another and it really makes the NHL look bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

players have no respect for one another and it really makes the NHL look bad.

i think it's true for only a small amount of guys in the league. players like torres, cooke, etc. have no respect for their opponents. i still feel like 95% of NHLers have great respect for the rest and for the game. the problem is that it doesn't matter much, when the other 5% have no regard for human life, lol.

i don't get how he can go unsuspended for that hit, either. kind of incredible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

was Torres suspended or fined for that hit yesterday?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, that hits been around as long as I can remember. I think that's the part of the ice that caused the 'Keep your head up' saying. I just think they need to look at the equiptment if they REALLY want to address the concussion issues. I guarantee you had Raffi been wearing the old soft padded shoulder and elbow pads it wouldnt hurt nearly as much. Also, the boards need to go back to the old plexi glass style where if you got hit hard the boards would bend at like a 60degree angle.

Does anyone remember what was said back when lindros was taken out by Stevens and I forget what hurricane. I think everyone said 'well Eric has got to learn to keep his head up and being more aware of where he is on the ice etc etc etc'. Now it's turning out to be the checkers fault in general.

It's tough cuz guys are getting hurt bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree it wasn't a blatant elbow at all. He caught his shoulder into Seabrooks lowered head , his elbow was clearly tucked in the whole times. Frequently u'll see the elbow flash after contact, but he made sure it was tucked. Good hit.

Now Steve Downies hit on Lovejoy a few minutes ago is completely dirty and he should be suspended for rest of playoffs. He left his feet and launched himself at Lovejoys head.

Totally dirty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

good thing he didnt get tossed for launching himself with his elbow out at lovejoy.....:angry: this officiating is unbearable

Edited by Carse
Link to post
Share on other sites

that elbow in the PIT-TB game was absurd

should get a huge suspension

EDIT: damn, 2 horrible elbows that game now that i've seen the full highlights

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked like a good hit to me, pre Lockout that woulda probably been a legal hit. I swear the NHL is going soft, guy wasn't even injured or didn't seem that shaken up when he got up

Bad call by the ref for sure, lets make hockey tough again.... Damn Bettman, I dispise the man.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.