NHL'94 Forums

WHO LIVES IN THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE?

Hi All,

Comeback's taken a fair bit of stick (maybe you guys call that ribbing or something?) for his depiction of life on the streets of Chicago in his "Bring back WAGS" thread, and it got me thinking. There's a lot of people on here, from all over the world, so who does live in the roughest place?!

Has anybody struggled to finish a Classic league match this Spring whilst their living room was riddled with bullets in the middle of a turf war? Did Halifax draw up the game schedule whilst a SWAT team invaded threw a flash grenade into his neighbour's basement? Did Smozoma's GENS desync when one of his "Hoes" went online to check her Craigslist ad?!

The winner gets to wear oversized basketball shirts, wear their knee length jeans down over their backside, place baseball caps on their head sideways and use the term "dawg" regardless of their race, financial security, education or social class.

Comeback starts us off with the mean streets of Chicago, but I think I can up it with "Puebla, Mexico". To be fair i've not personally experienced anything too scary, which possibly counts against me here, but a work colleague's girlfriend's Dad, who was a lawyer prosecuting some well known gangster did just disappear last year :-S

My bosses son was also shot by a business rival & is now walking around with a bullet in his lung. As a result my boss now has a loaded gun sitting on his desk at work every day!

The scariest thing i've done was drive to Acapulco, where I was advised to stay on the toll road rather than taking the free route, where all sorts of dodgy characters are supposedly lying in wait for unsuspecting passers-by! That's not really too gangster though is it?!

Does that put me in lead "Dawgs"?! Beat that if you can!

I think Hokkees computer room on any random night where he's polished off a case of Heineys and has broken 3-4 remotes. When the piss breaks take longer then 10 minutes, there's cause for concern.

I once heard that someone got shot at (and missed) in the town i grew up in. I didn't live there anymore, though. But I was shaken to the core :P

Oh and there was talk of the kids from the neighboring predominantly-French town and from our predominantly-English town having a big knife fight on some unspecified day next week in the near future of the current time, but it still hasn't happened 15 years on.

There was weed grow op across the street from my house for over a year....,, I remember waking up to go to work and smelling weed but never knowing why...... just thought it was me craving lol also on a sad note my friend on my soccer team was murdered by his girlfriend ex boyfriend rip Mo

lol at kupuck and fresno, home of the bullodgs...

i grew up in duluth, minnesota...although people may hear about "minnesota nice", there was nothing like that growing up around me. i lived up the street from the detox clinic, which was basically a disaster, and across the street from a crack house that was burned to the ground three times in three years. i don't expect to "win" anything in this "competition," but i was f-ing scared every time i went outside w/out mom.

Sorry, had to edit this as I clicked the wrong one! This was Beavers33:

"i grew up in duluth, minnesota...although people may hear about "minnesota nice", there was nothing like that growing up around me. i lived up the street from the detox clinic, which was basically a disaster, and across the street from a crack house that was burned to the ground three times in three years. i don't expect to "win" anything in this "competition," but i was f-ing scared every time i went outside w/out mom."

Haha. I think you're in the lead as it stands! Turn that baseball cap around & loosen your jeans! lol

I forgot to add though, when I first got here nearly 3 and a half years ago my girlfriends cousins invited us out to a few bars one night. For whatever reason we didn't go. A couple of weeks later we found out they'd got a taxi at the end of the night, pretty drunk, and the taxi driver took them to some secluded spot, pulled out a gun and robbed them! A f%@#in taxi driver!!!! lol

I have to be honest, i've never once felt unsafe here. It's actually a lovely city, with lovely, friendly people & nothing like the Mexican towns & cities that have the real problems. I have a daughter here & wouldn't be here with her if I thought it was in any way unsafe. Just every now and then you hear some of these stories and it just reminds you to be a little bit careful..........

Edited by LA Robbie