NHL'94 Forums

Scoring a goal at period end

Xstioph

I just played a game SJ vs VAN and just as the first period ended, Vancouver scored a goal, and the time was 0:00. The game just freezed. Very odd. However it only lasted 10-15 seconds maybe, the goal counted and I was sent to the intermission screen. Has anyone else encountered this, does the same thing happen on Genesis?

:D

I have a scored a couple of goals with 0:00 left (Genesis version), but it has never frozen on me. Admittedly it is a very rare thing for me to do though.

A friend of mine did this to me a couple nights ago. We were playing 2-on-1 (2 friends against me) with ASW-vs-ASW. I got a fluke goal with 7 seconds left in the third to apparently win it 5-4. My friends switched controllers, making the better player the centreman. I said, "It's impossible." I just tried to check him off the faceoff, but I bounced off his centreman (Roenick) and checked down my other friend's player. The first friend went in and scored on a deke. 0:00 left. Outrageous.

I won in OT, though :P. Too bad.. they deserved the win with that goal.

A friend of mine did this to me a couple nights ago. We were playing 2-on-1 (2 friends against me) with ASW-vs-ASW. I got a fluke goal with 7 seconds left in the third to apparently win it 5-4. My friends switched controllers, making the better player the centreman. I said, "It's impossible." I just tried to check him off the faceoff, but I bounced off his centreman (Roenick) and checked down my other friend's player. The first friend went in and scored on a deke. 0:00 left. Outrageous.

I won in OT, though :P. Too bad.. they deserved the win with that goal.

Hehe... Nice :P

btw. I actually got a goal @ 0:00 the other day.. Didn't get any freezes that time. Just like any other goal. Still no face off though, went straight to intermission screen.