The 2011 Summit Series

Zalex

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew this would be an issue before it started, but what can really be done?

first of all imo the best 2v2 USA players are Jesus and Polite, jesus is gone to retirement home and probably will play 0 games this summit. Polite is so under utilized hes got 5gp, and USA 2v2ers seem to just not know who he is.

chemistry is huge as well, and ive seen some random mashings of usa players who will clearly not play well together. theres also been some other huge chemistry probs with certain A guys who wont play with each other on usa side. this is all trust and chemistry. Great chemistry and trust in 2on2 can overcome alot of individual talent for sure. So i suggest working on that aspect, its huge.

Ga, i think habs is spot on, we have a bunch of individuals playing right now on USA (myself def included). We just need more practice.

On a side note, am I the only one that gets injured?????? WTF i'm averagine 13:57 TOI per game, no one else is under 15, Freakin Kaner stealin mah stats

next yr we shud have real world vs road rules gauntlet challenge freydey and habs r kaptains and draft squads to ga vs each other first team to 50 wins

i like how u already gave up for this summit. If usa comeback and win, summit series is 2-2. if this happen there wont be change to summit rat

Edited by Zalex

next yr we shud have real world vs road rules gauntlet challenge freydey and habs r kaptains and draft squads to ga vs each other first team to 50 wins

i like this idea, there should almost always be some type of 2on2 tourney going on for fun.

Edited by dcicon5148

agreed this will be fun.

but we at 100 game mark and its only 56-44 Canada. USA can win it with a 56-43 or better run.

interesting stat is Canada is 33-14 at home, while USA is a solid 30-23 at home they are a paltry 14-33 on road. Can got 6 home games on hand so USA gotta step up their road game.

how many B vs B games have been played? 0? If so, don't you think that's a little messed up? I know I've asked a few Canada B guys to get some B action with no response. Aside from Dan. I was hoping to see some games where the scrubs compete and represent their country too. This Summit is cool, but it's pretty selective, and in turn, becomes not so fun. I think maybe there should be limits on how many games B vs B play- say 25. That's not that many, and it will force everyone to compete. When you team up with an A player, it seems they obviously take control of the game because of their better play. I'll play back and hope not to make too many mistakes. I think if I was teamed up with another B player or Dan with another B player, we would take more chances and play differently.

It's hard for me to explain. I like the A vs A games. And the A/B vs A/B games bring a different approach to the game. This way, you are only as strong as your weakest link as they say. The A players are only as strong as their B counterpart. But I would like to see more B vs B games. This will also bring another approach to Summit. Which would be cool and make it more well rounded. I think we can improve Summit by discussing any suggestion. The A guys can sit back and hope and pray the B guys can get them some wins. This way everyone plays. And I know that's how it is set up, but it seems it's so competitive, the Canada B guys don't want to risk anything. But if there is a requirement of say 25 games, not too many to dig a team in a huge hole, that'll force them to play. Just a suggestion. Throwing it out there.

There has been B-B vs B- A/B games quite a few times. Those games are basiclly all B players each other.

Out of 6 Canada B :

-Emagix (friend i added to summit so CAN could have 1 more B, but he never had play 94 before and i try to get him to play... 2 GP so far )

-Pearate is from france different timezone, so hard to be on at the same time as other

-Shaftman/Halifax both have 0 GP

Out of 7 USA B :

-Two coaches with 0 GP

-Xdeath got the same GP that Emagix, my friend with no AIM...

Since you need to have 4 players online at once to play summit, summit would never end if we waited on B only players to play 25 games. B players arent online enough. Now I dont like the fact either of B players having no or very few GP. Thats why I try to summit with people that dont have a lot of GP.

Im making a thread in Schedule a Game, B players should post when their availability during the week to summit.

Edited by Zalex

There has been B-B vs B- A/B games quite a few times. Those games are basiclly all B players each other.

yeah but I also would like to see like you said just B-B. I understand where you are coming from with the B-A/B, but if I teamed up with say kingraph and played Houly, we're toast. He'll mop up the floor with us. I think it will be real competitive B-B. Just like A-A.

if I teamed up with say kingraph and played Houly, we're toast. He'll mop up the floor with us.

No. Houli has played with some CAN B vs 2 USA B before. No rapon detected, in fact houli lost those games.

Houli is a good player but hes played almost all his games with the best of the best of Canada A. Thats one of his reason his pts/g is that high.

we'd all like to see B-B more, but it takes some initiative from someone to ask around to get a game going. unless b guys do that obv there wont be a game.

I agree, and I tried. But unless the other B guys feel the same way I do, it'll never happen I guess. Plus, like Zalex said, we have guys from both countries with 0 games played, kinda hard to do anything with that. They might be real busy, who knows. But I'm letting you guys know the option is there on the table. I'm pretty sure me, kingraph, orangeblack and one more USA guy are in (sorry I forgot his screen name but I have talked to him), and Dan is always a go, but he needs some help from Canada. I'm confident we can get some games in and that will be awesome.

4. You must use gensnetplay emu for this summit. After each game, you have to save a state of the game (every player should save a state specially the two players on the winning team).

5. After each game, the victorious center is the player that has to upload the game (Unless agreement is made before playing the games). Once a game is completed, the game should be uploaded right away, to avoid accidentally overwritting a save file.

ok this is where I get lost. I understand the whole upload thingy with the hoagie password just like in season mode. But before that, I'm confused. Could someone please explain step by step what to do for a computer idiot. Literally, I mean, click file, then quick save... etc. Like your talking to a two year old.

This is what I know. After a game when the 3 stars appear hit quick save. A couple of guys told me press f5 (but for whatever reason my computer tells me I cannot do that under netplay, blah blah blah) so I go the route of file, then quick save. That way works. Then nothing appears. Is something suppose to appear? Like a folder? So Zalex told me about change state. I clicked that a saw a check mark next to the number 0. Now what? Am I on the right track at least? Can I hit pause when the 3 stars appear to give me more time to finish this save? What if everyone drops and I didn't save it yet? These might seem like dumb questions but I don't understand.

This is what I know. After a game when the 3 stars appear hit quick save. A couple of guys told me press f5 (but for whatever reason my computer tells me I cannot do that under netplay, blah blah blah)

If you hit F5 and it said "you can't do this under netplay", then I don't think you're using gens-netplaysave.exe?

If you hit F5 and it said "you can't do this under netplay", then I don't think you're using gens-netplaysave.exe?

im pretty sure i am. i will double check again. but i know specifically that when i play summit to remind myself to open the different emulator

After 104 games played, Canada has 56 wins and USA has 48 wins. Only Eight wins are seperating the two countries.

So much for some cunts whinning about the rankings.

Edited by Zalex

Five weeks in this summit, 115 games played.

Canada 59

USA 56

Keep playing gms mofapes, this year summit never was that close.

pavel, pearate, shaftman, emagix, let's go B canada, let's get some more games in. It's hard waiting for A/B vs A/B games. what times are best for you? besides Pearate where it's 11 o'clock at night now for him.

For the first time in this year summit, USA is in the lead (62 to 61).

Now that USA leads, the ranking are obv rigged and im gonna change them.

--

Not that many summit games have been played lately, try to get more games in, and dont drop after you only played one game cuz you lost like some people do *cough dickon cough*.

Its already hard to get 4 people online at once to get some games going, try at least to play 2 gms and dont quit after just 1 gm cuz you lost.

Edited by Zalex

For the first time in this year summit, USA is in the lead (62 to 61).

Now that USA leads, the ranking are obv rigged and im gonna change them.

--

Not that many summit games have been played lately, try to get more games in, and dont drop after you only played one game cuz you lost like some people do *cough dickon cough*.

Its already hard to get 4 people online at once to get some games going, try at least to play 2 gms and dont quit after just 1 gm cuz you lost.

That only happened once and that was when you told Habs to change his Gens screen name to Mav and then told me I was playing you and Mav because you thought you were funny I guess.

That only happened once

Once a day, yeah.

Btw, do you still have some whinning to do about summit ?

Or now that USA is in the lead, all that you complained about doesnt apply anymore ?

Edited by Zalex

Once a day, yeah.

Btw, do you still have some whinning to do about summit ?

Or now that USA is in the lead, all that you complained about doesnt apply anymore ?

Looking at the results there are a lot more times Canada has only lost once and then left than me. Except for when you tricked me I have always played at least two games.

I think you are just upset at all the momentum your tournament has lost lately.