The 2011 Summit Series

Zalex

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Canada's B players are never around to play, except a couple.

There was no "strategic placement", that's stupid. the idea was certain guys are around a lot and others aren't.

These rules have somehow created the closest Summit ever, and yet the USA players keep whining all the time, instead of losing all the time like before.

If Mav is A and sucks, then doesn't that help USA, too? And his +/- is much better than mine per game (i'm 1-6 in games i think)

Its not that Canada doesnt have faith in their B players. You think team Canada told their B player : Hey guys dont play in summit because we think USA B players are better than you. lol seriously. Its just that Canada B guys arent really active beside DAN. Thats been discussed before.

The main reason why summit is taking longer than usual is, USA players are online very rarely and when they are online its always and only SOH/Dickon. Many many many times when im on AIM i see 5 Canada summit players on and just 1 USA coach. (Im not throwing a rock at team USA its just how it is).

---

Rankings

1.You should know that Stats mean VERY LITTLE and cant be a good indicator of a player talent and skill(in summit). A player's stats can hardly be compare to another player stats for various reasons.

Summit is all about matchup, about whos your partner and who you are playing and other factors(Player1 with 3pts/g could be better than Player 2 with 3,5pts/g cuz player 1 plays better defensivly etc etc). Beavers is usa best player in terms of pts/g. Yet hes in B, and thats where he belongs. Polite is USA 2nd worst american player in term of pts/g and when i look at team usa roster, from all the 2on2 gms ive played with every american over the years, polite is the best player of them all in term of 2on2 overall skill.

Houlanov pts/g is high cuz he played a lot of gms with Canadas best A players.

He only played like 4 gms as a B player out of +50gms he played in summit. So people saying he playing as B to get free wins are just complety lost. And his record as a B player is just ,500. He loses as many gms he wins as a B. Hes not exactly dominating.

He plays as A almost every time but hes ready to fill a spot as B if asked in order to get some gms played. Hes canada most active and online player so he was a perfect fit for being a A/B guy. Hes not the best of the best of Canada and def not the worst too. He belongs in A/B.

Now I wont put more A/B players because the more A/B players you have, the less the ranking become important and the more it woud look like other summit without ranking cuz A/B is basicly like if you had no ranks. You'd lose the purpose of having a ranking system if there'd be too many A/B players. See houlanov, i took a/b players that are more active than others while not being super good and super bad cuz I knew it wasnt a good idea to have too many A/B. So the ones that would be A/B, had to be online more than others.

If you are A, and that some other coach is better than you, IT DOESNT MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD BE IN B. Ranks are in range of skill. In blitz, not every A coach got the same level of skill. same in classic. Rankings are a RANGE.

---

Im not gonna scrap players that havent played yet just because they didnt play. That would be stupid. They are in the rom and if they decide to play then they simply can. If they dont play then fine. Got nothing to lose by keeping them in the summit.

-------

For those that dont want bother reading : Rankings are fine, keep playing summit and nvm comeback tug. Theres roughly 50 gms left to play in this summit. Its not that much.

Edited by Zalex

"Canada's B players are never around to play, except a couple."

"There was no "strategic placement", that's stupid."

"If Mav is A and sucks, then doesn't that help USA, too?"

I don't hear any Canada calling out their slacker players to change... Why does USA have to? Shouldn't be our job.

I'll give you $5 bucks if that idea never crossed Zalex's mind when he made the rosters.

Only helps USA out if he PLAYS. but instead he always declines because he doesn't like the matchups. All the while Houly PLAYS so no it doesn't help USA out at all. Seriously who should I rather play? Someone who is B like Mav or A like Houly? And if you guys think I'm crazy, take a look at this:

Houly:

162 goals! 100 assists! 262 points! +64! but he can play against us 'B' scrubs. Meanwhile me and deathsblood are running around like chickens with our heads cut off against Houly and Pearate who's also throwing up 4 goals on the board himself. It's flawed. I believe anyway.

ZALEX:

115 goals 46 assists 161 points +5 and he's 'A' though. So if Houly has better numbers than Zalex, who's A, then why is Houly allowed to kill us B guys. But then you guys call out Carse saying he likes to play weaker guys.

Edited by Comeback_King

im not scared to play anyone, nobody ever asks for games...fags like carse prefer to play IQboogies and some random guys to create a ''spectacular'' comeback.

I am always up for Summit games too. I only get asked to play practice, not a Summit game, but practice.

This one is sung from the heart

Edited by rc69fab

These rules have somehow created the closest Summit ever, and yet the USA players keep whining all the time, instead of losing all the time like before.

this.

Edited by Zalex

Houly:

162 goals! 100 assists! 262 points! +64! but he can play against us 'B' scrubs. Meanwhile me and deathsblood are running around like chickens with our heads cut off against Houly and Pearate who's also throwing up 4 goals on the board himself. It's flawed. I believe anyway.

ZALEX:

115 goals 46 assists 161 points +5 and he's 'A' though. So if Houly has better numbers than Zalex, who's A, then why is Houly allowed to kill us B guys. But then you guys call out Carse saying he likes to play weaker guys.

PLEASE GO READ MY POST BEFORE POSTING WORHTLESS STATS THANKS. STATS DONT MEAN s**t

HOULI KILLING YOU AS A B PLAYER ?LOL HE WINS AS MANY GAMES AS HE LOSES AS B. GO READ MY POST.

houli + 64 yes.. but in almost 60 gms thats only +1 per gm NOT GREAT his ratio is like +1 per gm, im sure theres a lot of other coachs with a better +/- per gm

im only +5 but thats because ive played with a lot of not so good coach that dont really play 2on2(i wanted to engage them in summit to try something new).(emagix pavel etc etc) houli played almost all his gm with habs sebe etc.

STATS DONT MEANT S H I T ABOUT A PLAYERS TALENT GO READ MY POST.

IVE MADE RANKING BASED ON MY +3YEARS OF 2ON2 EXP AROUND THE 94 COMMUNITY I THINK I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU WHOS BETTER IN 2ON2 THANK YOU. YOU'RE JUST LOOKING AT SOME STATS THAT ONCE AGAIN MEANS NOTHING.

BTW, MY CAPS ARE LOCKED.

Edited by Zalex

Its not that Canada doesnt have faith in their B players. You think team Canada told their B player : Hey guys dont play in summit because we think USA B players are better than you. lol seriously. Its just that Canada B guys arent really active beside DAN. Thats been discussed before.

The main reason why summit is taking longer than usual is, USA players are online very rarely and when they are online its always and only SOH/Dickon. Many many many times when im on AIM i see 5 Canada summit players on and just 1 USA coach. (Im not throwing a rock at team USA its just how it is).

---

-------

For those that dont want bother reading : Rankings are fine, keep playing summit and nvm comeback tug. Theres roughly 50 gms left to play in this summit. Its not that much.

I'll stir the pot, but I'm not going to stir trouble. So I won't mention names. But I've had more than one Canada guy tell me Pavel sucks and that's why they aren't going to play. They don't like the matchup. That's complete bullshit. He's your countryman, you play with him. Think I enjoy playing with puckhog dcicon? And dude, I beg to differ about USA never being around. VC, CARSE, DCICON, O/B, KINGRAPH, C4, ICESTORM- nevermind you never respond to me anyway, how many times have I messaged you guys to play?? ALL THE TIME. And what's the same old answer. Canada is never a go. VC is too good. Carse is too good. etc. That's why I made the suggestion about changing the brackets. More games will be played then. Bottom line is, I care about playing and that's why I signed up. So if you are going to flame me for being an active player so be it. But I'll tell you this, of all the USA guys it seems I care about Summit the most.

Edited by Comeback_King

PLEASE GO READ MY POST BEFORE POSTING WORHTLESS STATS THANKS. STATS DONT MEAN s**t

HOULI KILLING YOU AS A B PLAYER ?LOL HE WINS AS MANY GAMES AS HE LOSES AS B. GO READ MY POST.

houli + 64 yes.. but in almost 60 gms thats only +1 per gm NOT GREAT his ratio is like +1 per gm, im sure theres a lot of other coachs with a better +/- per gm

im only +5 but thats because ive played with a lot of not so good coach that dont really play 2on2(i wanted to engage them in summit to try something new).(emagix pavel etc etc) houli played almost all his gm with habs sebe etc.

IVE MADE RANKING BASED ON MY +3YEARS OF 2ON2 EXP AROUND THE 94 COMMUNITY I THINK I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU WHOS BETTER IN 2ON2 THAN YOU. YOU'RE JUST LOOKING AT SOME STATS THAT ONCE AGAIN MEANS NOTHING.

BTW, MY CAPS ARE LOCKED.

computer nerd. I was typing this before you came up with your stats post. I can't type 80 wpm and edit games like you. I'm slow with computers. So flame me.

Guest Houli

IVE MADE RANKING BASED ON MY +3YEARS OF 2ON2 EXP AROUND THE 94 COMMUNITY I THINK I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU WHOS BETTER IN 2ON2 THAN YOU. YOU'RE JUST LOOKING AT SOME STATS THAT ONCE AGAIN MEANS NOTHING.

BTW, MY CAPS ARE LOCKED.

habs a lots sebe not! sebe is a puck eater...i have played like 4or 5 gms max and i hate him...no chemistry!

I have played a lots of gms with DanLizhot,Habs and u zalex...

I deserve mo respect, but u A leaguers spit on every B leaguers in the end LOL

GGs

BTW, MY CAPS ARE LOCKED.

just making a suggestion a**hole! sure, stats mean nothing

oh and one more thing ive already explained, but ill write it one more time just for you MR. Tug.

Before summit started,(without looking at stats BECAUSE THEY ARENT A GOOD INDICATOR) i knew houli was a bit superior to smoz for example (smoz is A). but Smoz isnt active and online enough to be A/B so thats why I didnt put smoz in A/B.

Its same for other A/B coaches. A/B rank isnt only about skill it was about being online often.

Now this was the last time i ever replied to some rankings whines. Like smoz said, this summit is the closest ever so the rules ive made are more than fine. IF some of you still wanna complain go ahead, and next year ill create a special rank just for you guys.

oh and one more thing ive already explained, but ill write it one more time just for you MR. Tug.

Before summit started,(without looking at stats BECAUSE THEY ARENT A GOOD INDICATOR) i knew houli was a bit superior to smoz for example (smoz is A). but Smoz isnt active and online enough to be A/B so thats why I didnt put smoz in A/B.

Its same for other A/B coaches. A/B rank isnt only about skill it was about being online often.

Now this was the last time i ever replied to some rankings whines. Like smoz said, this summit is the closest ever so the rules ive made are more than fine. IF some of you still wanna complain go ahead, and next year ill create a special rank just for you guys.

lol so ud run it but not play in it?? ur the whiniest b***h in this entire tourney.

I think perhaps this thread has gotten away from respectful discussion to resolve an issue. Hopefully from this point forward there can be less blame and more game.

When Summit first started a few years back, I remember saying that I thought it was the best format for nhl94 game play that nhl94.com had to offer. Guys could play whenever they wanted. You were playing as part of team of coaches and a bit of pride in place to help your team out. The only thing I didn't like was perhaps it excluded some of the community that are from other countries (maybe swos would be interested in playing...I'm not sure).

Here's some suggestions for next season. Use em, don't use em, whatever you like.

1. Each team has a captain who will designate the top x (Ex. let's say 7 is the number chosen) amount of players as A player for the opposing team, and the rest will B players. So USA captain picks the opposing top 7 canadian A coaches and they play as that for the season. And the CANADA coach does the same for USA.

2. Scrap USA vs CAN, have two captains and draft your team and call your team whatever you want. The first 7 rounds (or whatever number you decide) play as A players for the season, rest as B. Then players from other countries could participate as well.

I dont see any americans who can step up as a captain :P

just kidding, good suggestion

Edited by Freydey

I think perhaps this thread has gotten away from respectful discussion to resolve an issue. Hopefully from this point forward there can be less blame and more game.

2. Scrap USA vs CAN, have two captains and draft your team and call your team whatever you want. The first 7 rounds (or whatever number you decide) play as A players for the season, rest as B. Then players from other countries could participate as well.

Good call Halifax. That's what I wanted all along. I bring something up to discuss with everyone from MY OBSERVATIONS, whether they may be right or wrong, you have to accept that. This isn't communism. I don't have to go through someone else first to get permission before I post my opinions or something I noticed. Why can't Zalex Stalin have a respectful discussion? That's all I wanted. Why couldn't you just say, "Hey good observation Dude with Houly, but let's just finish Summit the way things are this year and next year we'll make some changes." Or something along those lines. I'd be happy with that. Instead I get, "You don't know s**t about Summit, Your whining," whatever. But, should I be surprised? This attitude is coming from a guy who writes a smartass comment "All I see is a wall of text" REPLYING TO MY POST ABOUT THIS VERY SITUATION we are in now. Respecting each other on here. That's why I wrote that stuff in "Greatest Suggestion for Classic League." Not because I have nothing better to do. But because if we don't work together we aren't going to get s**t accomplished around here.

My intention, if you haven't noticed, was to help Stalin's Summit League out, not to trash it (I'm not that type of guy) or that I'm whining. I'm not whining, I don't care if Canada wins, at all. So let's end that whining part. I still to this day ask Houly to play, I'm not whining that I don't want to play him. I enjoy playing him. I'm telling you right now I'm not bitching. I'm offering a simple suggestion but some people around here can't take constructive criticism without getting super defensive. Hell, Zalex himself said: Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

"At this rate, summit 2011 will end in 2012." So I offer a bracket suggestion. OMG the whole world stopped after I did that. Now I become Mr. Tug. Then he goes and says "nvm comeback tug. Theres roughly 50 gms left to play in this summit. Its not that much." So which is it? First, you're the one complaining so I try to help, now the games played is not an issue. I give up.

I'm just trying to get the ball rolling in this Summit is all. So at this rate it doesn't take until 2012. Obviously I lit a couple of fires under people asses so it worked. I like things the way they are though- CAN vs USA. DISCLAIMER: What Comeback is about to write is his personal opinion. He doesn't feel like doing 30 days in the hole for it. I feel the country rivalry is good for Summit and if you take that away it's just like any other '94 rom. This has some special meaning to it like the Olympics. USA just has to practice more, and Canada has to play more.

I believe it was Carse's idea of picking two captains or whatever, which is fine and would work and it's a good idea to make things I guess more fair, for lack of a better word. But then you lost the patriotism. IDK, it's still a cool rom.

ps can i play for canada? ;)

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out TURNCOAT! We already have one Benedict Arnold on this site kissing the Montreal 5 asses we don't need two. But you'd fit right in with them because it's easier to keep flies off s**t then getting a hold of you to play.

Canada has won 4 in a row? I am 7-3 in Summit and been apart of 7 wins in a row for USA when I play. I am not a great Gens player but must have good chemistry so I am waiting for USA to invite me to play more.

Edited by rc69fab

Canada has won 4 in a row. I am 8-2 in Summit and been apart of 8 wins in a row for USA when I play. I am not a great Gens player but must have good chemistry so I am waiting for USA to invite me to play more.

I like your enthusiasm. But don't hold your breath.

Mav/Houli Played Soh/BO

Houly 8 8:25 pm

its easy for u and soh to play 2 B

so now houli considers himself a B when he loses. ironic.

Amit Khatri 8:25 pm

(20:25:05): I have no idea why houli has so many pts in summit

(20:25:12): he f**king sucks

BoKnowsNHL94 8:25 pm

(20:25:27): seconded

--

Lol i know this will start a 1434th flame war but i wanted to post for the lulz