NHL'94 Forums

AN IDIOTS GUIDE TO NETPLAY WITH HACKS & PATCHED ROMS PLEASE?

Hi,

I have been playing Clockwise's 2011 rom. Absolutely incredible! A true work of art & a piece of NHL '94 perfection!

My question is this: I really want to be able to play it online & introduce more people to it. I read it was unplayable online originally, but now people have figured it out? I read some stuff about patching the game etc, but to be honest it's not really something I understand too well.

I'm sure it's not too difficult, but could someone in the know please produce a short, step-by-step "idiots guide" to help out people like me, and help this version of the game grow.

Also, i'm sure I speak for probably 99% of the GENS players on here when I say that if online play is now possible & there were a league using this rom there would a hell of a lot of excitement around it & a huge number of sign-ups! It really is the definitive version of the game & needs to be regularly played online!

Anyway, I hope it is indeed now playable online, and that there can soon be an online league running using the 2011 rom!

this bin has been working for my buddy and i online with no issues at all!!

Just played it online against Comeback. Works great except thru the 2nd period & first half of the 3rd it speeded up. all the guys were runnin around like little mosquitos! Is there a way to fix that? That's the only fault as far as I can tell

Well I tested the bin. file out & there's certainly no problems with netplay in terms of dropping out or desynching. I was playing via wireless though & it kept speeding up making it virtually impossible to play, like my guys were moving at 100mph. I think this was perhaps due to my connection though as Comeback was in Chicago & said it was fine all the way through, whilst for me in Mexico it was like they were all screaming around on coke! lol

I'm going to play again when I can get connected via cable & see how it is, as via cable I never have a problem at all with the regular '94 rom.

The only other issue is that the overtime clock reads 60 minutes! lol

If that can be sorted out I think this seems ready to be used for a league..............count me in!!

I have seen this super speed issue before (many times.. many goals against..). it's a connection issue, not the ROM.

lol. Yeah, he destroyed me 8-3! I don't know if he believed me or thought I was making excuses but I had little control. Never happens with the classic rom tho? Hopefully it'll be fine when i'm connected directly via cable

the OT is set to 60 bc of continues OT in the playoffs. it is a playoff edition rom. :)

as for how to change it to default, probably could use the NOSE program. but im not sure!!

edit - tried to open this bin file in NOSE, said its not a supported file. huh?

it opened in ERARE though.. weird!!

if someone can open it in NOSE, can you then make the OT default and then post that bin for us?

Edited by Fiddy

the OT is set to 60 bc of continues OT in the playoffs. it is a playoff edition rom. :)

That makes sense. If that can be changed i'd say it's league ready isn't it?! Is there anyone showing interest in organising a league using this rom? I would offer but I don't think i'm really computer savvy enough. I'd end up doing it for hours on end in excell & word and sending people the info via email etc lol.

as for how to change it to default, probably could use the NOSE program. but im not sure!!

edit - tried to open this bin file in NOSE, said its not a supported file. huh?

it opened in ERARE though.. weird!!

if someone can open it in NOSE, can you then make the OT default and then post that bin for us?

I think I remember clockwise saying the goalie patch breaks NOSE compatibility, so changes need to be done before patching the ROM (then make sure to keep an un-patched version of your ROM in case you want to edit it again!)

how would i go about that though?

like just get any NHL 94 rom, make sure the OT is set to 5 mins, then patch it?

or i would need to dig into his files and somehow change the OT before i patched it onto a nhl 94 rom?

confused lol..

Edited by Fiddy

i contacted that pixel guy on twitter yesterday. i asked if he could put a regular OT patched playoff file out. he said no. bah.. lol

i contacted that pixel guy on twitter yesterday. i asked if he could put a regular OT patched playoff file out. he said no. bah.. lol

Well the regular 2011 file has 5 min OT. Obviously there's been some roster changes, but I think that would still be great?

I would like to learn to change the overtime length, too (for SNES, though). I feel like there may be information about that somewhere around here, but I do not feel like searching for it. twenty would be good for the playoff ROMs. 4-on-4 for five would be nice to learn to do, too.