NHL'94 Forums

Rangers Leave Tampa Bay Thunderstruck

After their nail-biting end of the season win against Toronto to sneak into the playoffs, the Rangers faced a tough first round opponent in Tampa Bay, who finished the year with 45 points to the Rangers 34. Game one was a defensive struggle, as the Rangers only goal came from Darren Turcotte. The final was 1-0, as the Lightning only managed 5 shots.

In game two the Lightning offense showed signs of life, as Brian Bradley got them on the board first, ending Vanbiesbrouck's shutout streak at 3:40 of the first. Mike Gartner answered 10 seconds later, tying the game. Turcotte added his second and third of the series, putting the Rangers up 3-1. Bradley struck again in the middle of the third, but then was sent to the penalty box for a vicious hit on Ranger defenseman James Patrick that left him flat on the ice. Patrick wouldn't return, but neither would the Lightning's offense, as Bradley sat in the box for the remainder of the Rangers 3-2 win. Tampa Bay again only managed 5 shots on goal.

The third game belonged solely to Turcotte, as he scored 4 goals and an assist in the Rangers 5-4 win. The offenses finally got on track for both teams. Bradley managed a hat trick in the defeat. With the Rangers up 4-3 late, Turcotte fed Esa Tikkanen with a beautiful pass, enabling him to add an insurance goal. This was lucky for the Rangers as Bradley would score with 23 seconds left, from Kasper. It wasn't enough for the Lightning, as they now faced elimination.

The fourth game of the series finally swung a speck of momentum to the Lightning, as they won 4-2. Turcotte was in the box for nearly the entire second half of the third, powerless to help stop their attack.

The city of New York got the second biggest news of their week as the Rangers won the series with a 5-4 victory. They took a 2-1 lead on an innocent-looking shot from Brian Leetch that managed to get by Wendell Young who was standing around admiring his attempted outlet pass. Turcotte refused to be denied, finishing with a hat trick and an assist. The game was tied late, but then Turcotte juked the entire Tampa defense and slid a perfect pass to Gartner, who had a wide open net and scored with 10 seconds left. "It feels nice to finally beat those [guys]", Rangers coach Vocally Caged said after the game. His Hartford team was bounced from the playoffs by Tampa Bay last season.

Series star: Turcotte. He stymied the Tampa defense again and again, breaking free and scoring at will.

Series goat: Marc Bergevin. The Tampa Bay defenseman managed to take at least one penalty in each of the first four games, often at terrible moments.

My goal taking TB in Gens-A this classic was making the playoff... i achived over ,500 and make them so GAAAA

lol @ every 'A' players that lost to me in regular season.

ggs soh

WHOS TAKING TB NEXT TIME ?

My goal taking TB in Gens-A this classic was making the playoff... i achived over ,500 and make them so GAAAA

lol @ every 'A' players that lost to me in regular season.

ggs soh

WHOS TAKING TB NEXT TIME ?

i lost to you with DET, LOL! So no need to hang ur head, u did all u could with those bums.

awesome write up and congrats! You can get a jump start on round two if ya want. you vs habs! gl bud!

Guest Houli

awesome write up and congrats! You can get a jump start on round two if ya want. you vs habs! gl bud!

hokkee (12th) is eliminated? :blink:

hokkee (12th) is eliminated? :blink:

ahh thanks bud..forgot hokke finished 12th...was thinking voc finished 12th since he had to clinch on the last game.

Now try it with San Jose. :D

Only the great Carse can do work w sj and force mtl to 7 games

You mean the great Carse that lost his 2 gms vs TB as Buffalo ?

Ahh these sort of write ups take me back a few years when these sorta things took place much more frequently. Great job on advancing vocal.

As for you Zalex, you mofape, thats one hell of a season with Tampa...but not the best! I got to game 6 in the 1st round before being taken out by Habs. Try again kid.

I'd like to throw my Ottawa performance as the best with a garbage team. I qualified and got swept by Frey's Detroit, if i recall correctly though, 3 of those games were 1 goal losses, a bounce here or there, and I SWEEP YOU FREY! :lol:

I'd like to throw my Ottawa performance as the best with a garbage team. I qualified and got swept by Frey's Detroit, if i recall correctly though, 3 of those games were 1 goal losses, a bounce here or there, and I SWEEP YOU FREY! :lol:

Its funnier when you let your opponent thinks that he got an actual chance of winning :)

I love how a thread from SOHOmo series results in a competition between carse and angrygay for whos the biggest fag on the site

Edited by Freydey

Its funnier when you let your opponent thinks that he got an actual chance of winning :)

I love how a thread from SOHOmo series results in a competition between carse and angrygay for whos the biggest fag on the site

Your man love avatar tells me you want in on this.

well freydey feel free to jump in anytime.. wait a minute you've won like 1 league ever. At least you have being a rambling bitter habs fan as your calling card to this site!!

I'm fine with being considered a "fag" for winning too many leagues.. I can taste your smelly jealousy from here but this shouldn't be a surprise, when is the last time the french won anything that u had to fight for?!?!

sorry about your luck freyGEY

Well he's right, only champions are gay. That's why I lose every time in the playoffs, to preserve my manhood.

Well he's right, only champions are gay. That's why I lose every time in the playoffs, to preserve my manhood.

No wonder Jeff Garcia never won the big game

well freydey feel free to jump in anytime.. wait a minute you've won like 1 league ever. At least you have being a rambling bitter habs fan as your calling card to this site!!

I'm fine with being considered a "fag" for winning too many leagues.. I can taste your smelly jealousy from here but this shouldn't be a surprise, when is the last time the french won anything that u had to fight for?!?!

sorry about your luck freyGEY

Whoa, can we choose who you are going to roast next?? That was viscous!!

I'm fine with being considered a "fag" for winning too many leagues.

Wrong. You're considered a fag because you act like one. Thats it.

when is the last time the french won anything that u had to fight for?!?!

who cares about france

Haha coming from the idiot who starting this pissing contest by bragging about regular season wins.. I think some of the scrubs (namely you) around here are getting a little over confident with themselves. In case you've forgotten, every gdl/blitz/classic title in the last 3 seasons belongs to Me, (5) Swos, (2) Freydey, (1) or KGman (1). so until you actually prove your worth, please get back into the kiddy pool and stop trying to pick fights w the big boys.

Haha coming from the idiot who starting this pissing contest by bragging about regular season wins.. I think some of the scrubs (namely you) around here are getting a little over confident with themselves. In case you've forgotten, every gdl/blitz/classic title in the last 3 seasons belongs to Me, (5) Swos, (2) Freydey, (1) or KGman (1). so until you actually prove your worth, please get back into the kiddy pool and stop trying to pick fights w the big boys.

Yea your right ! Im a kid and I dont belong in the big BOYS yard because I SUCK. I NEVER WON ANYTHING.I should be free pts for you in LGS.

Yet,(Yes im gonna remind it to you every f**king day) you lost all your gms vs TB in classic as BUFFALO (CLASSIC). And, I swept you IN BLITZ5 season 4-0.

My last 6 LG games vs you : 6-0. You didnt win one game. But I know, I SUCK, SO SHAME ON YOU LOL

Too bad we never face each other in playoff.

In case you've forgotten, every gdl/blitz/classic title in the last 3 seasons belongs to Me, (5) Swos, (2) Freydey, (1) or KGman (1).

Nah dude someone has an extra title up there. I have the Fall 2009 Classic A title