NHL'94 Forums

6 on 6 with goalie?

A thought just crossed my mind. I didn't have time to search the forum because I am in a hurry but is it possible to edit the game to play 6 on 6 with the goalie? I know nothing about hex editing or any of the other technical stuff so I was wondering if there is a way to have the "extra attacker" on the ice at all times?

• 3 weeks later...

A thought just crossed my mind. I didn't have time to search the forum because I am in a hurry but is it possible to edit the game to play 6 on 6 with the goalie? I know nothing about hex editing or any of the other technical stuff so I was wondering if there is a way to have the "extra attacker" on the ice at all times?

This is absolutely a good question, and I asking me the same since a couple of month...

Smoz, please ! can you answer, is it possible ? :D

it has got to be possible. I doubt anybody with the knowledge needed to make this happen through research and hacking is going to take the challenge on, but it is possible, I have to figure.

For tell the truth, i work actually on a Rom with ancient teams,

in that time, the Hokey games was played with 7 players in each team... there was a post named Rover...

And if we can simulate that, it will be great !

hummm, and how are the roms with 2vs2 or 3v3 managed ? :huh:

you just set the value in the line to 0, instead of a number corresponding to a player.

but that number is already there, in order to change.. there is nowhere to put the number for the 'rover', you'd have to create it somehow, and link it up to everything.

how does the extra player's AI work? how is he listed in teh scoring summary? penalty summary? etc

it's just not a simple thing at all...

anything is possible, but some things are too complicated to bother with, when you don't have the source code.

you just set the value in the line to 0, instead of a number corresponding to a player.

but that number is already there, in order to change.. there is nowhere to put the number for the 'rover', you'd have to create it somehow, and link it up to everything.

how does the extra player's AI work? how is he listed in teh scoring summary? penalty summary? etc

it's just not a simple thing at all...

anything is possible, but some things are too complicated to bother with, when you don't have the source code.

but the idea is to play with the "extra attacker" on the ice at all times...

sure there isn't any way to managed that ?

right, the easiest way would be to find the coding for when the extra attacker is on and then have it run constantly. it's possible, but not easy. your best bet would be to find people who are really good at hacking SNES/Genesis games and get somebody interested enough in the challenge to help you. around here, there are only two or three folks with that level of knowledge and skill. I can pretty much assure you that they would not see the benefit enough to put the serious time into doing it for you. if you learn to hack ASM and program within a game, you could do it yourself, as I'm sure it is possible, but it will be very hard to accomplish. good luck.

Ah, yeah, there's an idea i didn't think about, hijacking the extra attacker. So that should be more reasonably possible, since a lot of the extra stuff IS in there. But still someone needs to figure out how to do it... It's not one that's on my list.

If anyone can follow TonyH's hacking tutorial, I would gladly teach them more about hacking. That was the thread that got me started in hacking the game.

Ah, yeah, there's an idea i didn't think about, hijacking the extra attacker. So that should be more reasonably possible, since a lot of the extra stuff IS in there. But still someone needs to figure out how to do it... It's not one that's on my list.

If anyone can follow TonyH's hacking tutorial, I would gladly teach them more about hacking. That was the thread that got me started in hacking the game.

Thanks , I will take a look. :)