NHL'94 Forums

Pausing During Games

dcicon5148

Now I don't know if I am being out of line here, but the last two Summit series I have played Canadian players have paused the game for no apparent reason.

First Pause vs FlamingPavelBure/Mav : I make a pass to Carse who would have a breakaway and then out of nowhere there was a pause for about 1 second causing Carse to not catch the pass.

Second Pause vs Habs/Mav : Carse is coming down the ice on a scoring chance and then there is a pause for about 1 second cause Canadian players to catch up killing the scoring chance.

Obviously pausing the game in the middle of scoring chances is a distraction as it breaks concentration. I know there really aren't any "official rules" for online play, but this is just bush league if you ask me. The Canadian team is winning in the series and has the better 2on2 roster so what is the point of the cheapness.

I know I would never think of stooping to that level, but I would think that there should be some sort of gamesmanship involved in playing but maybe I am just wrong.

I am curious to hear what you guys think...

again I am glad I play onlag. I wouldn't put up with shit like that. pause in your defensive zone when you have the puck or before a faceoff. or don't pause.

I can't believe you admit pulling that shit. that's terrible.

Leave him to his fate. He hasn't gone through a lot of experiences here.

Now I don't know if I am being out of line here, but the last two Summit series I have played Canadian players have paused the game for no apparent reason.

First Pause vs FlamingPavelBure/Mav : I make a pass to Carse who would have a breakaway and then out of nowhere there was a pause for about 1 second causing Carse to not catch the pass.

Second Pause vs Habs/Mav : Carse is coming down the ice on a scoring chance and then there is a pause for about 1 second cause Canadian players to catch up killing the scoring chance.

Obviously pausing the game in the middle of scoring chances is a distraction as it breaks concentration. I know there really aren't any "official rules" for online play, but this is just bush league if you ask me. The Canadian team is winning in the series and has the better 2on2 roster so what is the point of the cheapness.

I know I would never think of stooping to that level, but I would think that there should be some sort of gamesmanship involved in playing but maybe I am just wrong.

I am curious to hear what you guys think...

FPB is the worst 1 of anyone that i have played that pauses at every bad thing that happens to him, but in the middle of a pass is total BS...p.s ICEGUY CALL YOUR PROVIDER AND UPGRADE!

Edited by hokkeefan
  • Haha 1

I don't put up with it in person unless the player is having a seizure or a bloody nose or something excusable, but online you cannot see what is going on at their house, so you have to assume they are cheating, especially when they do it on your breakaways. having no onlag experience has nothing to do with it. if you support ("no big deal" surely counts) such bullshit tactics, you are a chump and your opinions on my lack of participation in your tournaments have nothing to do with it; you're just deflecting the blame that obviously falls on yourself.

off-topic response: I have a wireless connection that comes and goes. I won't be joining any leagues.

Pausing when not in posession in your own zone is bang out of order. It works the other way too:

I was playing an exhibition the other day, 4-2 up in the 3rd period. My opponent twice paused when attacking in my defensive zone to pull his goalie. I lost my defensive set up completely & both times he scored to tie the game up. I'm sure it was unintentional, and it was only an exhibition so no real harm was done, but it made a big difference in the game.

.......Fortunately I won it in OT! lol

I don't put up with it in person unless the player is having a seizure or a bloody nose or something excusable, but online you cannot see what is going on at their house, so you have to assume they are cheating, especially when they do it on your breakaways. having no onlag experience has nothing to do with it. if you support ("no big deal" surely counts) such bullshit tactics, you are a chump and your opinions on my lack of participation in your tournaments have nothing to do with it; you're just deflecting the blame that obviously falls on yourself.

off-topic response: I have a wireless connection that comes and goes. I won't be joining any leagues.

your lack of participation precipitates your lack of knowledge of many keys issues here trudat. Firstly you dont have a enough of a relationship with anyone who plays the game online, anyone who does would never complain about pausing during exhis, summit i agree its lame for sure. Secondly, your complaints and concerning attitude, towards an online league, are unwarranted, your opinion is unnecessary and holds little crediablity, concidering you dont participate in any online aspects of the game. Your remarks show that you are upset about the actions and behaviour of ppl you know nothing about. You dont understand the game nor have u ever participated online, logic dictates you should stay out of it. So stay out of s**t that doesnt pertain to you. FPB is not a cheater i know that with certainty, ive played tons of games with him and got to know him, as for mav anything is possible for that guy, and i can say that because i have seen him act unsportingly before, and ive played him online before. YOU cant say that. you dont know a thing about anyone. That makes you a chump, and im not deflecting blame, im not fpb or mav, i have no blame to deflect. dumbass.

Edited by Sebe_The_Legend

let it be known that in both games that were played I NEVER PAUSED the game

your lack of participation precipitates your lack of knowledge of many keys issues here trudat. Firstly you dont have a enough of a relationship with anyone who plays the game online, anyone who does would never complain about pausing during exhis, summit i agree its lame for sure. Secondly, your complaints and concerning attitude, towards an online league, are unwarranted, your opinion is unnecessary and holds little crediablity, concidering you dont participate in any online aspects of the game. Your remarks show that you are upset about the actions and behaviour of ppl you know nothing about. You dont understand the game nor have u ever participated online, logic dictates you should stay out of it. So stay out of s**t that doesnt pertain to you. FPB is not a cheater i know that with certainty, ive played tons of games with him and got to know him, as for mav anything is possible for that guy, and i can say that because i have seen him act unsportingly before, and ive played him online before. YOU cant say that. you dont know a thing about anyone. That makes you a chump, and im not deflecting blame, im not fpb or mav, i have no blame to deflect. dumbass.

...................was that really necessary?! Surely on a public forum anyone's entitled to comment on any thread they like?! I noticed another member making the comment that he has experienced a number of examples of FPBs unsporting behaviour, so who's right?

I don't actually know any of the people involved though so I won't comment................

...................was that really necessary?! Surely on a public forum anyone's entitled to comment on any thread they like?! I noticed another member making the comment that he has experienced a number of examples of FPBs unsporting behaviour, so who's right?

I don't actually know any of the people involved though so I won't comment................

"you are a chump and your opinions on my lack of participation in your tournaments have nothing to do with it; you're just deflecting the blame that obviously falls on yourself."

A better question is, what THAT^^, really necessary. No name dude, calls me a chump? im just reacting. Sick of ppl talking s**t, out of turn.....

I must say it occured to me on several occasions to pause like a madman. I try to do it less and less, and it's mostly gone except some occasions this year.

But they're never, ever in the goal of trying to cheat my opponent out of something. It's always when i'm so down there's no f**king way I'm getting back up, or when the play is stopped because the puck's in my net. (Usually both)

I try and make it dissapear, I know it's really dump.

"you are a chump and your opinions on my lack of participation in your tournaments have nothing to do with it; you're just deflecting the blame that obviously falls on yourself."

A better question is, what THAT^^, really necessary. No name dude, calls me a chump? im just reacting. Sick of ppl talking s**t, out of turn.....

I agree there's no call to start calling perfect strangers chumps etc. Just seems to be a lot of anger on this site at times! lol. We're just getting together to enjoy playing a a great old computer game at the end of the day!

lol that guy is an all time turd.

LA robbie have a look at all of turdatmans posts, he is either hating on gens or something or another trying hard to entice ppl to argue with him. He is what is called a TROLL.

hence the reactions your seeing when he posts, i like to just skip right over his posts when i see it, basically doesnt exist because there is usually never any real content or contribution in anything that he says. Sad but true.

• Haha 1

it's not my fault the Genesis version sucked until the hack of all hacks this season. I also refuse to accept blame that rightly should be held by pussies who ache so badly they have to pause the game while others are doing well and throw controllers in fits of rage. it is not me that has the issue, I'm just pointing it out. and then the usual suspects chime in, self-identifying as culprits in the issue at hand. I basically helped the rest of this fine site make a list of chumps who would stoop to pretty much anything to win, fair or cheap, but would be the first to bitch about another perceived offense. you are welcome.

Edited by trudatman

lol that guy is an all time turd.

LA robbie have a look at all of turdatmans posts, he is either hating on gens or something or another trying hard to entice ppl to argue with him. He is what is called a TROLL.

hence the reactions your seeing when he posts, i like to just skip right over his posts when i see it, basically doesnt exist because there is usually never any real content or contribution in anything that he says. Sad but true.

it's not my fault the Genesis version sucked until the hack of all hacks this season. I also refuse to accept blame that rightly should be held by pussies who ache so badly they have to pause the game while others are doing well and throw controllers in fits of rage. it is not me that has the issue, I'm just pointing it out. and then the usual suspects chime in, self-identifying as culprits in the issue at hand. I basically helped the rest of this fine site make a list of chumps who would stoop to pretty much anything to win, fair or cheap, but would be the first to bitch about another perceived offense. you are welcome.

L O L