NHL'94 Forums

Benchmark game?

girabbit

Is there a benchmark against the computer that I should achieve before I start playing against people online? I'm just getting back into 94 and I was never that good in the first place but I'm hoping to get practiced up before I get embarrassed in netplay.

I've been trying tons of different teams against the All Star teams with mixed results. In a 5 minute game where you're Anaheim against ASE, what's a decent result against the computer? The Jets vs. ASE? Chicago vs. ASE? ASE vs. Anaheim?

Thanks guys, looking forward to getting back into this.

tough to say...it's such a different game online. I went through the entire playoffs, 7 game series' playing with San Jose vs cpu and played without a goalie. I swept every series, only had one one-goal game and I'm an average online player...just start playing online and you'll improve much faster. Good luck!

Basically if you can beat the computer 94+% of the time, you're ready to start learning the techniques that 100 different people came up with and shared online :)

A lot of people on here thought they were the best 94 player in the world, until they played online, so there is a lot to learn!

I think any numerical benchmarks against the computer are worthless when gauging your fitness for online play. If you have a connection you are fit to play online. The only way you learn to play against human opponents is by playing human opponents. Obviously, learning the stock ways for scoring goals might be a nice thing to know as well as manual goalie. But just play online a lot, experiment, adapt and you'll be fine.