NHL'94 Forums

94 Bible coming soon

HABS

94 Bible coming soon, it will teach how to score, defend and play goal against opponents online.

Will try to make a piece or two each week with specific instructions on how certain goals are scored.

Been wanting to do this for awhile, hopefully it turns into a collaboration with various vets adding some of their game.

Starting TBD.

;)

Is AJ going to help on that as well or can we cut in?

ive been around long enough where I dont really care about personal results now. Id rather see the community get better, bigger and more competitive. Even if it means laying it all out on the table.

ive been around long enough where I dont really care about personal results now. Id rather see the community get better, bigger and more competitive. Even if it means laying it all out on the table.

thats what u call being in the GA!

PROPS!

If you add pass shots to the 94 Bible, they should be in the cheat section. Because according to Iceguy, they are cheat codes. YO.

Honestly I'd keep my bag of tricks to myself. Most of us discovered them on our own.

I see where both you guys are coming from. Although I'm leaning towards what rocket said. This would be huge. From on outsider looking in my take on it is maybe the A guys like Habs are getting bored playing the same damn people and want the community to get better, but my personal opinion on this is it's never good when you have hand outs to people who don't work for it. By working for it, I mean putting in the many hours and instant replays and exhib's, etc. that you A guys did to become where you are today. I don't like handouts, nor will I read them ('94 Bible). But I think it's unfair to you guys. I always liked to take the harder path in life to learn from. Having these answers right in front of noobs could backfire in a way. One, they won't appreciate it. The work. And two, where will the drive to become better go?

Sure, reading it and actually doing it are two different things. I still can't do the pass shot consistently. I probably will never beat flasox, ever. But I've accepted my limitations in this game. I can strive for A (low A) league one day I hope. And, if I get there I can say I did it by myself. I thought it was enough really for Angryjay's line edit combos. That's the core of the game right there. Now you have the answers in front of you, learn how to score with them. I've seen goals that I still have pictured in my mind scored on me by Sebe (weird pass shot goal in close) , Dcicon, and hokkee (five hole slapper from a certain angle). I didn't want to do instant replay and am still trying to figure out how they did them. I practice them, "was that it?" No, "Maybe this way?"

That's what makes us unique players. Know your limits and focus on your strengths to compete. We might not respect each other on here at times but we all pretty much respect each others games and I'd hate to see that respect get lost. Just because some A guys are better than me doesn't discourage me. I have to play my game and go with what works. Find their weakness somewhere. I ranted a little and probably got off topic. But Habs, I know you're good , you know you're good, we know you're good, I'm not going to tell you what to do. But think about it first. This would be like wikileaks of '94. And you can never go back my friend. Will this taint '94? what do you guys think?

Remember. Most of us lost a boatload before winning. Idk why so many people get discouraged.

It took me 27 online games before winning 1.

I won most of my games when I first started, now I lose more and more :(

I don't mind giving people the skinny after a season's over or something. I'm not going to share something I just figured out and is giving me an advantage in a competitive season. If people ask for pointers, I try to tell them what I think is working out for me. Most of my best stuff is unconscious anyway. You can't teach a lot of things, and the game is more than an amalgamation of tricks and angles.

If someone is willing to read an 94 bible and apply what they read, they are 'worthy' of the knowledge they receive. The best games are against the most game opponents, the more high quality players the better.

I gave away all of my tips over the years to help new players in hopes they would enjoy the game more and stick around. The game is 18 years old. There are no more secrets to this game, at least to me anyways. I've seen every trick and every play. Nothing surprises me anymore. The difference between the best players and the rest, for the most part, is that the best guys always keep you guessing on which play or which move they make. But the offences and defences aren't new to me, it's figuring out which ones they are using and then counteracting.

I had been working on a video when I was a video editor for some tutourials on d and o for nhl94 but it got shelved once life happened..lol..ie going back to school, getting married, having a kid.

I'll post a thread soon for SNES (since HABS will clearly be focussed on GENS). I'll hide my thread and only make it available to those who have high speed connections.

P.S. I almost died saturday night, but the rapture never happened so thankfully I'm okay.

Pass shots are old, but it's just the better players who use them, since they are hard and are needed to beat the better players. cr0ssbar was doing them in 2005 or 2006 and i still haven't seen anyone use it as effectively from the faceoff dot as him

'weird angle slapshots trough the fivehole' I have not heard of, though!

P.S. I almost died saturday night, but the rapture never happened so thankfully I'm okay.

I don't understand this.. you almost died?

Nevermind lol......... I get it

Edited by Comeback_King

Pass shots are old, but it's just the better players who use them, since they are hard and are needed to beat the better players. cr0ssbar was doing them in 2005 or 2006 and i still haven't seen anyone use it as effectively from the faceoff dot as him

'weird angle slapshots trough the fivehole' I have not heard of, though!

hokkee does it all the time its his goal lol.

....I'll post a thread soon for SNES (since HABS will clearly be focussed on GENS). I'll hide my thread and only make it available to those who have high speed connections....

I feel that I would have a lot to contribute, but I won't be able to see the thread, of course. I believe in sharing.

• 2 months later...

I feel that I would have a lot to contribute, but I won't be able to see the thread, of course. I believe in sharing.

a lot to contribute?? like what? how to score against cpu? or how to be the biggest mofape ever?

either way, no one cares about what u think, so dont bother "contributing"...

a lot to contribute?? like what? how to score against cpu? or how to be the biggest mofape ever?

either way, no one cares about what u think, so dont bother "contributing"...

sebe would you please stop feeding the troll

I don't see you adding anything besides "whaa, whaa, my feeling were hurt so I lash out like a pissed-on monkey!" you punk pussies in the cliquey crew squawk like preteens about the lamest nonsense. I'll gladly take the brunt of your idiocy, though, as it is the better option over having you halftards scare away another actual contributor. yeah, sexual harassment likely won't work again, as that was the only female contributor our community had, but I'm sure you will find a way, if left unchecked. I'm not cool because I can't play onlag with a bunch of Genesissies? y'all could benefit from the constraints of real friends, who likely wouldn't stand for controller throwing fits and "but you didn't say 'good game' at the end" rants. you won't convince me that my in-person games are somehow less than your tantrum tournaments. I don't want to be under your skin (I don't want anything to do with a community member so abrasive and utterly useless), but I accept my position as your target, as I'm equipped to handle it. you don't look so tough from so many borders away, Come-At-Me Bro.

Maybe this is my point of view because i'm an average/below average player, but, since day 1 here my point of view has never been one of "the game's here to serve me". I'm here because I love this game, and, although I want to be a winner, anything I can do to help the community grow stronger, i'll do. To be honest I can't understand anyone who wouldn't have that attitude.

Look at this way: If you teach someone all your tricks, they're still gonna have to put a ton of effort into perfecting them all in order to be effective. Also, if you teach the other guy all your tricks, and he become's great, that means someone else is going to be pushing you to improve further. If he's great now, and you beat him still, how good are you?

Lets not go all Manny Paquiaou here & take on bum after bum 'cos your manager doesn't want to work it out with Mayweather!

OK, i'm going off track a bit here, but, what's one of the biggest problems the community has? Noobs that turn up, full of enthusiasm.........and then depart after getting their arses handed to them in their first 10 games.

If there was a noobs "farm league" and vets were taking these guys under their wings to prepare them for competitive play, GUESS WHAT?!! A larger percentage might stick around! GUESS WHAT?!! Now classic doesn't suffer from so many unreliable players! GUESS WHAT?!! Ten years from now the community's huge, and those noobs that were welcomed, helped & supported 10 years ago are now welcoming, helping and supporting others!

GUESS WHAT?!! This is how this wonderful game can live on forever.

Is there anything bigger than that we could all collectively achieve here?

I think some people could do with remembering it's just a game, and that helping raise the standards of play at all levels helps everyone.

Ask yourself this question: IS THE GAME HERE FOR YOU, OR ARE YOU HERE FOR THE GAME?

I don't see you adding anything besides "whaa, whaa, my feeling were hurt so I lash out like a pissed-on monkey!" you punk pussies in the cliquey crew squawk like preteens about the lamest nonsense. I'll gladly take the brunt of your idiocy, though, as it is the better option over having you halftards scare away another actual contributor. yeah, sexual harassment likely won't work again, as that was the only female contributor our community had, but I'm sure you will find a way, if left unchecked. I'm not cool because I can't play onlag with a bunch of Genesissies? y'all could benefit from the constraints of real friends, who likely wouldn't stand for controller throwing fits and "but you didn't say 'good game' at the end" rants. you won't convince me that my in-person games are somehow less than your tantrum tournaments. I don't want to be under your skin (I don't want anything to do with a community member so abrasive and utterly useless), but I accept my position as your target, as I'm equipped to handle it. you don't look so tough from so many borders away, Come-At-Me Bro.

BITING MY TOUGUE..OMGAAAAAAA!