NHL'94 Forums

'94 fights?

Hey, I'm guessing this has probably been asked a million times before, meaning it's not possible 'cos it hasn't been done already..................but i'll ask anyway just to annoy you! lol

As '93 & '94 were basically the same game engine, but '94 had the fights removed, how possible is it to take the fights from '93 & edit them into a '94 rom? Obviously it's the element of '93 that everyone wishes was in '94!

Appologies for asking dumb questions. i have no idea how editing & hacking works so i'm probably in the realms of fantasy here!

My guess is that no. (Been beaten to death, we don't have the source code)

But somehow I guess Clockwise has the source code for manual goalies.

I think it would be more plausible to add one-timers and manual goalies to 93 than fighting in 94.

My guess is that no. (Been beaten to death, we don't have the source code)

But somehow I guess Clockwise has the source code for manual goalies.

I think it would be more plausible to add one-timers and manual goalies to 93 than fighting in 94.

I've always thought this myself. I don't think clockwise has any source code though, he just found a way to change the controller schematics which are the same for every game.

I've always thought this myself. I don't think clockwise has any source code though, he just found a way to change the controller schematics which are the same for every game.

He doesn't have the source code, right.

He found some experienced ROM hackers on another site and together they added code to the game to read the X button as an input, then linked that button to the code that sets the goalie under your control (and to pass the puck, if you don't have the goalie -- this may have been an unintentional side-effect, actually).