NHL'94 Forums

NHL 12 - The 94 Wanna Be

'New' features in NHL 12 :

-Knock players over the bench

-Shattered Glass

-Crashon on goalies

-Net can be moved

THOSE ARE NOT NEW FEATURES. ITS ALL IN NHL 94. BULL s**t.

Love the goalie fighting with both of them going "not the face, not the face!"

Winter Classic, but no Heritage Classic? Weaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak. All they would need to do would be create the other venue 3D model, change a few logos, and change a few lines of audio. So easy, and half your audience would appreciate it.

I suppose they either remembered these old 'features' by now or they probably want to cater to newbs.

That's bullshit. It's going to be broken and allow for s**t goals again.

Precisely why I don't buy the newer games, they look decent graphically but the gameplay sucks

New 'OLD' Features. LOL

Everything moves so clunky and clumsy. Yes they do look quite nice though. Plays like ass though. I can't get into the newer games.

I didn't mind 2010, but I skipped 2011, though I really liked the new physics-based checking. I don't play these games online, though (just 94!).

I'm switching to getting NHL every other year. The games are too expensive now. Why can't they offer a subscription, or some kind of discount if you bought the previous year's title? Like have it come with a coupon for 10$ off next year's game (which would also help curb 2nd-hand sales a bit). I don't want to spend $70/year on the game... why not let the money generated from people buying powerup sticks and cards online bring the price down?

I will try and win the tournament for the game tough. If I do i'l sell it.

Semi-Finals last year, but this year I was in the top 500 for a while.

It's just sad at that level. A glitch fight.

that's why i don't even play online anymore. i'll play vs friends and if i'm really bored, i'll play a vs. match, but it's annoying. i was inside top 50 after a month of 09, then it really became a glitch war...dropped to 125-ish by december and quit playing online.

i hated '10, but actually enjoyed playing against the computer sometimes in '11. HUT was kinda fun for a while too.

maybe the difference is on crashing goalies instead of an eddie belfour laying down during a slap shot watching it go into an empty net, roberto luongo in NHL 12 might actualy try to make a second effort to stop the puck :lol: in front of the net has been the biggest flaw of the newer games, since it is such a simulation game bringing the puck from the corners to the point, the forwards rarely had the hockey sense to go to the net for deflections/rebounds but maybe now. Defense would shoot the puck from the point and it always seemed like a certain turn of possession. Reason why I've enjoyed the newer games like 11 and 10 are just because of a realistic simulation feel, more realistic with different types of forecheck systems, power-plays/penalty kills, break-outs/regroups, etc.

Can't you somehow program or change the tactics of all the lines? I thought you can make proper adjustments on that. Also, anyone played the games with the Classic gameplay?

I'm a Bruins fan and I think it should go to the Sedins.

I remember in nhl 07 the glass was breaking all the time and this was fkn lame...for the first time ever goalies gonna fight? wtf? LIES MORE LIES

I know that the Colin Campbell "resignation" coverage is disguising other important honkeyball news, but I did just read that NHL '12 is set to include biting in scrums and fights. it's in the game.

Edited by trudatman

• 2 months later...