Stanley Cup finals-Vancouver Canucks vs Boston Bruins

hokkeefan

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't think that'd be done, but the Bruins finished the job against Tampa Bay.

I think Vancouver may take it in 6. This won't be a pleasant week for Boston.

I can't wait. I've been a nucks fan for over 20 years. I'm so pumped for this series.

a perfect game by the defense (and everybody else, except maybe Recchi) combined with only Roloson, Lecalvalier and Stamkos showing up at all for the Lightning led to quite a strange game. zero penalties? can anybody find out when that last happened for a game that featured the Bruins? the Lightning looked pitiful. they shied away from the puck for the entire night. while I still only think there's a 37-43% chance of winning four games against Vancouver, seeing how well they can shut shit down makes me confident it will be a well-fought series. here's to the Boston Bruins. they are pretty fucking awesome.

my concern for now is that the Canucks have a first line and three third lines and the Bruins have a second line, two third lines and a fourth line. knowing fully well that Julien isn’t about to pre-adjust, I would be pleasantly shocked to see some defensive changes and the unveiling of a first line, two second lines and a fourth through some consolidation like:

BER/KRE/HOR

LUC/KEL/RYD

MAR/PEV/SEG

PAI/CAM/REC(THOR)

CHA/SEI

FER/MCQ

KAM(KAB)/BOY

THOM(RAS)

I think this will be quite a different series from what Van has faced.Boston has both scoring and toughness,we battled superskilled chi and battled defensive superstar nashville and then we put down the sharks who were supposed to be both,but Bos had a big B.C boy who can do both and a monster on defence for Sedins .....will be very interesting series.I say blow out by Canucks in 4 or gm 7 win in Vancouver lol

Edited by hokkeefan

finally we have an expert opinion to translate! Tikkanen picks the Bruins in six:

http://www.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/2011053113814898_jk.shtml

Aaand I completely forgot to watch the game last night

you didnt miss anything

A scrum or two, Burrows facing a possible suspension for biting, strong goaltending, a lot of close calls and a thrilling last minute goal by Vancouver. But what do I know? Freydey is right, you didn't miss much. :lol::lol::lol:

this is beyond fucked up. not suspending for biting is bush league, by definition. is this a pro sport, still? Burrows should get at least two games, but were I in charge, I’d have let his “six games or a month, whichever comes first” suspension without pay serve as a warning to the flop/dive/bite/punch/third-man-in crowd. I’d be calling for the same thing, were it Horton tasting Kesler’s blood. bullshit-en board material, this is.

"....a big Bostons Bruin fan...."

"....a typical Bostons Bruins fan...."

"....Tim Thomas and Tims Hortons don't need magic...."

that dude sold his soul for what? at least he clearly isn't a real Bruins fan.