Stanley Cup finals-Vancouver Canucks vs Boston Bruins

hokkeefan

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is beyond fucked up. not suspending for biting is bush league, by definition. is this a pro sport, still? Burrows should get at least two games, but were I in charge, I’d have let his “six games or a month, whichever comes first” suspension without pay serve as a warning to the flop/dive/bite/punch/third-man-in crowd. I’d be calling for the same thing, were it Horton tasting Kesler’s blood. bullshit-en board material, this is.

dont think u could see the bite could you?

Hockey is my favorite sport - the Bruins are my favorite team. As a Bruins fan living in the heart of Boston, I want nothing more than to see the Bs bring home the cup. As a huge hockey fan, I'm glad Burrows was not suspended. The bite was pretty lame, as was Savvy's last year, but as a hockey fan, I want to see the best players from both teams on the ice in the Stanley Cup finals. Maybe the NHL should have implemented a heavy fine to send a message, but they didn't so what can ya do? But, it's a tough, gritty sport...which I why I love it...as opposed to that sissy NBA league.

To me, there couldn't be two better franchises battling for The Big Trophy. Vancouver has never seen a cup in 40 years - Boston hasn't won it in over 39 years (I was born in '80 so I wasn't lucky enough to witness it). Both teams have a solid fan base that are not fair weather fans unlike many other cities such as Tampa Bay. I have a lot of respect for Canucks fans and the Green Men are friggin' hilarious. Absolutely love it!

Here's to a great series. If every game is as tight as game 1, then we are all in for quite a show. Hope everyone enjoys the best of what sports has to offer which is playoff hockey!

Go Bruins!

Hockey is my favorite sport - the Bruins are my favorite team. As a Bruins fan living in the heart of Boston, I want nothing more than to see the Bs bring home the cup. As a huge hockey fan, I'm glad Burrows was not suspended. The bite was pretty lame, as was Savvy's last year, but as a hockey fan, I want to see the best players from both teams on the ice in the Stanley Cup finals. Maybe the NHL should have implemented a heavy fine to send a message, but they didn't so what can ya do? But, it's a tough, gritty sport...which I why I love it...as opposed to that sissy NBA league.

To me, there couldn't be two better franchises battling for The Big Trophy. Vancouver has never seen a cup in 40 years - Boston hasn't won it in over 39 years (I was born in '80 so I wasn't lucky enough to witness it). Both teams have a solid fan base that are not fair weather fans unlike many other cities such as Tampa Bay. I have a lot of respect for Canucks fans and the Green Men are friggin' hilarious. Absolutely love it!

Here's to a great series. If every game is as tight as game 1, then we are all in for quite a show. Hope everyone enjoys the best of what sports has to offer which is playoff hockey!

Go Bruins!

HERE...HERE! cheers!!

Edited by hokkeefan

Poor sodding bastards. But that was a horrible gaffe made by Thomas and Chara. Thomas may have been too aggressive, but he's not Ron Hextall.

Good show, Vancouver. Good show.

almost every one. you have to hit Timmy either really fast or really slow. the Bruins had better debut new lines for their homecoming. let's see that "next year" look. if they are still rolling the same lines Wednesday, they are in trouble. I'd even be okay with totally splitting the "first" line up, but I'd be most pleased with something like:

MAR/BER/SEG

LUC/KRE/HOR

PEV/KEL/RYD

PAI/CAM/REC(THOR)

CHA/KAM

FER/MCQ

SEI/BOY(KAB)

THOM(RAS)

PP1: MAR/BER/RYD/SEI/CHA

PP2: LUC/KRE/HOR/PEV/FER

PK1: PAI/CAM/CHA/MCQ

PK2: PEV/KEL/FER/SEI

dont think u could see the bite could you?

come on.. you could even see him try to hide it by putting his glove in front of his face.. but too late.. ;)

You got to hand it to the NHL, they are handing Vancouver the Stanley Cup this season.....

lololol you sound like jonathan toes ,saying "i think everyone outside of this room gives van too much credit "lolol guess where you are now b***h!!

and there not being handed f**k all ,how about the massive onslaught of penalties van has had at beginning of games and teams fail to capitalize lol,OH and it has nothing to do with having a better TEAM than anyone else ALL FN SEASON LOLOLOL

Edited by hokkeefan

come on.. you could even see him try to hide it by putting his glove in front of his face.. but too late.. ;)

lol well like the ref said ,you shouldnt have put your hand in his mouth then haahahahahah

almost every one. you have to hit Timmy either really fast or really slow. the Bruins had better debut new lines for their homecoming. let's see that "next year" look. if they are still rolling the same lines Wednesday, they are in trouble. I'd even be okay with totally splitting the "first" line up, but I'd be most pleased with something like:

MAR/BER/SEG

LUC/KRE/HOR

PEV/KEL/RYD

PAI/CAM/REC(THOR)

CHA/KAM

FER/MCQ

SEI/BOY(KAB)

THOM(RAS)

Dude - I've been saying exactly this for the 4 lines! Ditch Recchi (yes I know he scored last night, but it was lucky and I'm not totally convinced it touched him). Put Thornton in. Marchand, Bergy, Seguin would be nasty. Gotta keep Luc, Krej and Horton.

I'm not sure they should switch up the defense, though.

The series isn't over yet. Personally, I think Vancouver has outplayed Boston the first two games, but Boston can play better. No excuses here.

everybody in this topic can f**k off

LOL.

I'm with you, man. This has sucked so far for Bruins fans. I'm just not one for excuses. Burrows bites Bergeron. Peverley slashes Bieksa. Who cares! Now isn't the time for cry babies.

yeah, but a slash is a two minute penalty, something that routinely happens throughout the season. only testicle-juggling pussies bite on the ice. somebody needs to accept the punishment for pounding the piss out of that cheater. the fact is that he should not have been on the ice for his awesome game, but he was and he was on fire (impunity is fuel) and we have to move on. part of moving on is beating him down. hard.

yeah, but a slash is a two minute penalty, something that routinely happens throughout the season. only testicle-juggling pussies bite on the ice. somebody needs to accept the punishment for pounding the piss out of that cheater. the fact is that he should not have been on the ice for his awesome game, but he was and he was on fire (impunity is fuel) and we have to move on. part of moving on is beating him down. hard.

Hugh. If you put your glove IN someone's mouth, don't expect it to be powdered in sugar. He didn't reach out for it, he just closed his mouth.

leaned in, raised his hand to block views, bit down. biting. only hugely biased hometards support (or even defend) biting.

oh, and my name isn't Hugh.

I love how everyone was sticking their fingers in the other guy's faces during scuffles. Hilarious.

Why was Luongo out there the whole game? 8 goals? He's probably going to cry and play like crap like he did in CHI series now.

Boston played dirrrrty ,wow you think the bruins were going logging with axes!! lol I dont think playing cheap will pay off in the end lol

both teams played dirty, bruins were just trying frustrate them, get under their skin. van kept overreacting to hit trying to draw calls and for me thats way worse.

Never count the recchin ball out!!

Ehhh...his first goal was helped in with a hint of luck. His second goal was in garbage time. I'm not going to kid myself here. That being said, Recchi played a hell of a game (finally)! The Bruins need to carry that momentum into game 4 or else it was all for nothing.