NHL'94 Forums

Stanley Cup finals-Vancouver Canucks vs Boston Bruins

hokkeefan

Ehhh...his first goal was helped in with a hint of luck. His second goal was in garbage time. I'm not going to kid myself here. That being said, Recchi played a hell of a game (finally)! The Bruins need to carry that momentum into game 4 or else it was all for nothing.

I cant help it, but everytime i see your username, i read it AIDS.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

....I like AIDS a lot....
I had a whole bunch of Bruins rant (like who was awesome/lost and a hope for the Bruins to be the groundbreaking major league team with an uncloseted gay player) that I lost to a browser crash this morning. I love those postgame interviews, Tsthimmy.
....Luongo....refused to come out and ended up getting shelled for another couple of easy goals....
there was a great moment on one of the final goals where he turtled up, kind of like the image in my signature (elsewhere). when he shrinks and ducks away from shots, he's not good.

vanvsbos.png

Edited by trudatman

Bostons slashing and hacking the wrists and ankles definately got under the skin of vancouver and I expect Van to ignore that cheap s**t in the next game and defeat Boston.Don Cherry was right again though,he said only way boston will win is if they play like the old bruins ,hack n slash and play dirty.f**k boston, you over rated buncha goons :lol: ,tooo bad Montreal didnt put you cheapshot bums out ,then it wouldve been fair n exciting Stanley cup

Shut up hokke van play like rats too

seriously. there was nothing other than matched intensity and matched viciousness. the Bruins held back for 2+ games during which the Canucks weren't exactly classy. I've literally not seen such unfounded bias outside of the political arena before. these teams (and their fans) that the Bruins have faced in this postseason have made Philadelphia look like adherent members of the Miss Manners Fan Club.

Wow - I guess not all of us are on the same page here. I thought we established the "no crying rule"? It's amazing how quickly things change once someone's team loses.

When the Bs were down 2-0 I was quick to point out that Vancouver outplayed them, not blame it on cheap finger biting play. I stand by my word and I will be the first one to congratulate the Canuck fans if they win the Cup. But to call Boston dirty is a little hypocritial. For the same reason that I did NOT want Burrows suspended, I feel the hit on Horton was a bit cowardly. You want the best players from each team on the ice in the finals and now Boston does not have that. But hey, no crying, right! Horton is out and you can't blame injuries. Insert Seguin and move on. Caron - you're on deck.

It's very simple - if Boston outplays Vancouver, like they did last night, they will win. If Vancouver outplays Boston, then, you get the picture.

I'm still enjoying this series for everything that it is. If I didn't want to see physical play, then I'd be watching the NBA.

Edited by AILD

four game suspension is about right. I'd have given him five, so he'd be suspended for at least a game next season, too, but, hey, that's good enough. buh-bye.

4 GAMES? WTF? Chara didnt receive a single game for a much vicious move this season.

woah 5 games? the NHL has officially turned into soccer. Scott Stevens wasn't suspended for his late shoulder-to-head check on Kariya before these new rules and league wide witch hunts for controversial hits.

Edited by kupuck19

4 GAMES? WTF? Chara didnt receive a single game for a much vicious move this season.

4 games is a little much, but you can see in the replay there was a point Rome could have held up but he chose to drive his shoulder into horton instead. Clear malicious intent. What happened with Chara I'm not saying was clean and he probably deserved to be suspended a game but it has MUCH quicker of a play.

lol hokkee, Burrows and Rome both had VERY clean plays this series ;) loved seeing the pu$$y canucks run with their tail between their legs the whole game. Boston just ran them the hell outta the building. Well deserved 4 games to Rome. Who cares what Chara didn't get. Completely different incidents.

I dont care about romes suspension ,hes a loss but alberts or ballard or tanev can replace him ,but id just like to see both these teams lose all the cheap ass shots n bites and play to there potential.Lets see the skill level and flow to the game,not all the slashing bs,i bet kesler and co look like they have camouflage skin today ,i havent seen so much cheap ass slashing in all the series played up to now.Lets see boston play some real hockey.Real hockey doesnt involve all that bs,I bet the nhl was REAL pleased with that game, where half the players are booted from game 3 of the STANLEY CUP FINALS.The better team will win and Boston isnt a better team

I dont care about romes suspension ,hes a loss but alberts or ballard or tanev can replace him ,but id just like to see both these teams lose all the cheap ass shots n bites and play to there potential.Lets see the skill level and flow to the game,not all the slashing bs,i bet kesler and co look like they have camouflage skin today ,i havent seen so much cheap ass slashing in all the series played up to now.Lets see boston play some real hockey.Real hockey doesnt involve all that bs,I bet the nhl was REAL pleased with that game, where half the players are booted from game 3 of the STANLEY CUP FINALS.The better team will win and Boston isnt a better team

actually gm 3 seems quite similar to the game vs chicago, when torres took out seabrook and woke them up and it went to gm 7 ot

The thing that will be remembered is that Vancouver had at least 1 play per series that was either a gift or cheap or gutless.

vs Chicago - Torres hit on Seabrook (then the refs would not allow John Scott to fight Torres since there was no suspension)

vs Nashville - Kesler holding Weber's stick under his jersey causing a penalty and GWG by you guessed it, Kesler

vs San Jose - The series winning goal, come on now

vs Boston - Burrows (the hair puller) now becomes the biter and in a game he should have been suspended for scores the GWG.

If Vancouver wins it will be a tainted cup victory that the NHL has handed to them.

last game was fun to watch, if intensity stays the same itll be a great series and a long one.

LOL gimme a break a tainted cup win? they have had a lot of luck in terms of big OT wins and some lucky bounces, but they are a very good team and probably the best in NHL. NHL would MUCH rather see an all american matchup. But these finals are still drawing great numbers in states even with a canadian team which is great for nhl.

The thing that will be remembered is that Vancouver had at least 1 play per series that was either a gift or cheap or gutless.

vs Chicago - Torres hit on Seabrook (then the refs would not allow John Scott to fight Torres since there was no suspension)

vs Nashville - Kesler holding Weber's stick under his jersey causing a penalty and GWG by you guessed it, Kesler

vs San Jose - The series winning goal, come on now

vs Boston - Burrows (the hair puller) now becomes the biter and in a game he should have been suspended for scores the GWG.

If Vancouver wins it will be a tainted cup victory that the NHL has handed to them.

Hey ! I hear Toewes and Kane are doing the remake of" A Night at The Roxbury "

Edited by hokkeefan

I'm going to pull the messier card and say....Canucks win tonight and take out Boston in VANCOUVER !!!!!!good guys always win ,bad bruins can go to bars and pick up other guys wives

Edited by hokkeefan

if the good guys win, the Bruins don't even need to play. your team is a bunch of hair-pulling, hand-biting chumps. there's so much evidence of this that you must be blind (drunk) to think the Canucks are the good guys in this series. I'd go on, but I'm off to the bar. I hope your wife isn't there. for my sake.

if the good guys win, the Bruins don't even need to play. your team is a bunch of hair-pulling, hand-biting chumps. there's so much evidence of this that you must be blind (drunk) to think the Canucks are the good guys in this series. I'd go on, but I'm off to the bar. I hope your wife isn't there. for my sake.

1st period goes to Boston,HEY they played fair and hard ,good stuff!

Edited by hokkeefan

pisses me off every rd, we start by kicking ass then let the other team have life ...up on chi 3-0 and win gm 7 ,up on nashville 2-1 in games and then finish them off and then 2-0 on sj and put them out in 5 ,now up 2-0 and maybe lose and be 2-2 ,i see gm 7 in van sheesh

It looks as though the home team is winning its games so far, but should Boston steal the next game from the Canucks on the road, the Finals may be in the Bruins' favor. I could see this happening.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ur no Messier! Back to BC all tied up.

I'm calling it right now. Canucks are not tough enough right now.