Stanley Cup finals-Vancouver Canucks vs Boston Bruins

hokkeefan

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boston has that Chicago confidence right now,hopefully it gets extinguished like Chicago did. Van has to stop shooting it into the B on Thomas's chest and they might score.Who is the superstar on Boston? and where and these supposed superstars on Van? I dont think either of these teams should be in finals,I wouldve rather seen the superstar teams like CHI OR DET vs Wash or Pitts ,actually if crosby n malkin were healthy ,Boston wouldve been put out and if Van didnt get lucky against Chicago it wouldve been Pitts vs Chi ,the real 2 best talented teams.f**k Boston and Vancouver :lol:

I'm glad I don't know you in person. superstars? I'll name one for each position, both now and in the future for Boston. currently, Boston superstars include Tim Thomas, Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara. the future superstars may include Tuukka Rask, Tyler Seguin, Adam McQuaid. Vancouver has Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Sedin, Sedin and Kesler. Luongo doesn't necessarily make the cut, but he's quite close. only a manic drunktard like you could complain about this series lacking superstars.

I'm glad I don't know you in person. superstars? I'll name one for each position, both now and in the future for Boston. currently, Boston superstars include Tim Thomas, Patrice Bergeron, Zdeno Chara. the future superstars may include Tuukka Rask, Tyler Seguin, Adam McQuaid. Vancouver has Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Sedin, Sedin and Kesler. Luongo doesn't necessarily make the cut, but he's quite close. only a manic drunktard like you could complain about this series lacking superstars.

I would say the only superstar I have seen in this series is Bobby Orr :lol:

Dont forget about Marchand. Hes gonna have a bright future as a rat in this league. Both teams have superstars and future prospects, and they we're both the hottest teams throughout the playoffs so they both deserve to be here. Sounds like hokkees just scared to see his canucks lose and is already making excuses for them ;)

But seriously its been a great finals to watch thus far.. What more could you possibly ask for? fk "superstars" its not about that.. Its about seeing good hockey and he have.

Dont forget about Marchand. Hes gonna have a bright future as a rat in this league. Both teams have superstars and future prospects, and they we're both the hottest teams throughout the playoffs so they both deserve to be here. Sounds like hokkees just scared to see his canucks lose and is already making excuses for them ;)

But seriously its been a great finals to watch thus far.. What more could you possibly ask for? fk "superstars" its not about that.. Its about seeing good hockey and he have.

hahaha no I was just egging on trudatman ,I am going with what Don Cherry,Van still wins.

hahaha no I was just egging on trudatman ,I am going with what Don Cherry,Van still wins.

What about David Krejci? The guy has had a very good post-season so far and has responded pretty well when it counts.

I would say the only superstar I have seen in this series is Bobby Orr :lol:

HA! That's actually kind of funny. God I love Bobby Orr!

I agree with DonnyB - these two teams deserve to be here and I wouldn't rather see any other team in the finals.

My worries as a Bruins fan heading into game 5 (don't confuse with excuses - there's no excuses from here on out).

- Going back to VAN, the game may be officiated tighter. BOS has been playing very physical and some things could get called as borderline calls. It's just how the game goes sometimes.

- Bruins PK has been on fire, but can they hold up? The law of averages states otherwise.

- Last change is crucial. Julien was able to get Chara/Seid vs. Sedins/Burrows, but now VAN has the last change and this could free up some space for them. For me, this is the big one...we'll see how they match up.

Looks like Luongo is in for Vancouver. Was there ever any doubt? I think he's the player to watch in this game.

Bruins need to keep the fire going!

I honestly couldn't predict this game if my life depended upon it.

my simulation this morning put the Bruins at 6 and the Canucks at four. Dan and Victor got hurt for VAN and Andy got killed for BOS. Luongo was pretty good.

Krejci, Marchand and Lucic are borderline superstars, too. Peverley and Kelly are no slouches. Boston's fourth line is excellent. a great thing about the Bruins roster is that they are stars, all. other teams would be happy to have Shawn Thornton. the Bruins are stacked, but the Canucks are deep, too. the Bruins are lucky to only have one important injury, but Rask, Caron, Hnidy would suffice for these final games. I cannot stress enough that the Bruins are lucky to not have lost a bunch of key players to serious injuries in this long, tough-fought postseason.

EA NHL 11 did a simulation for the finals. Had the series tied 2-2 with VAN winning tonight 4-2.

My NHL94 (clockwise's NHL11) simulation also had the series tied 2-2 with BOS winning tonight 4-1.

Both games had the Canucks in 7.

did EA's have end-of-season 2011 statistics as the basis of their player ratings, or did they just use what was shipped as NHL '11?

I do my day-of "simulations" (I play as the Bruins, resisting the urge to do the move) with that night's expected lines. I bet EA had goals tonight from Marc Savard and Nathan Horton. I may even add Tanev and redo it. EA should give daily roster/ratings updates based on a constantly-moving year of statistics and expected rosters through online subscriptions. I hope I didn't just give them that idea for free. I guess it may make up for my continued hacking....

Edited by trudatman

did EA's have end-of-season 2011 statistics as the basis of their player ratings, or did they just use what was shipped as NHL '11?

I do my day-of "simulations" (I play as the Bruins, resisting the urge to do the move) with that night's expected lines. I bet EA had goals tonight from Marc Savard and Nathan Horton.

I'm pretty sure they used season end stats as they did the playoffs round by round. It was actually very accurate - the only series they got incorrect was San Jose - Detroit. I "think" they did a pre-season simulation where they also had the Canucks winning it all. I'll try to find the links.

HA! That's actually kind of funny. God I love Bobby Orr!

I agree with DonnyB - these two teams deserve to be here and I wouldn't rather see any other team in the finals.

My worries as a Bruins fan heading into game 5 (don't confuse with excuses - there's no excuses from here on out).

- Going back to VAN, the game may be officiated tighter. BOS has been playing very physical and some things could get called as borderline calls. It's just how the game goes sometimes.

- Bruins PK has been on fire, but can they hold up? The law of averages states otherwise.

- Last change is crucial. Julien was able to get Chara/Seid vs. Sedins/Burrows, but now VAN has the last change and this could free up some space for them. For me, this is the big one...we'll see how they match up.

Looks like Luongo is in for Vancouver. Was there ever any doubt? I think he's the player to watch in this game.

Bruins need to keep the fire going!

I honestly couldn't predict this game if my life depended upon it.

good post :)

To tell you guys the truth,I cant stand the sedins,they are heartless and are weak when it comes to physical play,but now that were in the cup those pieces of s**t will be here till retirement grrrrrrrrr.AND luongo that over paid flopper ,damn i cant stand him either ,id rather have schneider in and save 8 million bucks for a good hard working Canadian forward.BUT if they bring us the cup, which i will be very surprised if they pull it out ,i will of course rejoice for VANCOUVER CANUCKS. :o

did vancouver win?

ask your avatar that question if you already didn't know. But im sensing sarcasm off this LOL

Sad when you're goalie is playing so well and you're down 3-2. Bs offense needs to pick it up. All this time I was worrying about penalties and keeping VAN off the board when the Bs can't score themselves. Hopefully game 6 is a little different. Still a hell of a series!

Timmy's save perc. must be above .980 for the series...

To tell you guys the truth,I cant stand the sedins,they are heartless and are weak when it comes to physical play,but now that were in the cup those pieces of s**t will be here till retirement grrrrrrrrr.AND luongo that over paid flopper ,damn i cant stand him either ,id rather have schneider in and save 8 million bucks for a good hard working Canadian forward.BUT if they bring us the cup, which i will be very surprised if they pull it out ,i will of course rejoice for VANCOUVER CANUCKS. :o

The Sedins, Burrows, Luongo are Lapierre are pussies.

Kesler should be your captain.

I'd take Kesler, Torres, Bieksa, Malhotra and Hamhuis on my team anyday!

Speaking of Hamhuis - a RUPTURED TESTICLE?! You kidding me? No man deserves that s**t! Hope that heals up quickly....

The Sedins, Burrows, Luongo are Lapierre are pussies.

Kesler should be your captain.

I'd take Kesler, Torres, Bieksa, Malhotra and Hamhuis on my team anyday!

Speaking of Hamhuis - a RUPTURED TESTICLE?! You kidding me? No man deserves that s**t! Hope that heals up quickly....

That is odd, I didn't think they had any testicles based on the way they play. Including the coach.

media bias?

http://vansunsportsb...erage-and-bias/

That said, the journalistic bias against the Canucks has been clear as day. Consider, for example, the writing about the Sedins, whose manhood has been questioned for their lack of production in the Final. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that their best series came against a team that didn’t have a dedicated shutdown pairing (San Jose), and they’ve had a tougher time against teams with Norris-Calibre defensemen that aggressively focus on shutting them down (Chicago, Nashville, Boston). However, instead of telling this story, we’ve been subjected to a “limp-wristed Euros” narrative that smacks of embarrassing prejudice.

When was the last time someone suggested that Sidney Crosby or Jonathan Toews was less of a man for their relative lack of production in their respective Finals? In 2009, Crosby went minus-3 with a goal and two assists. In 2010, despite going minus-5 with no goals and three assists, Toews won the Conn Smythe. I’m sure their Canadian citizenship had nothing to do with their generous coverage.

Class has been big topic of this Final. Barry Rozner said the Canucks’ names on the Stanley Cup would be a disgrace. Right. Can an organization that donated $5 million to the BC Children’s Hospital and employs two players who privately donated another $1.5 million really be that classless? Of course, it’s hard to drop a paragraph about the Sedins’ charitable contributions into an article about how they don’t have testicles. Heck, class is pretty subjective. How the Chicago Blackhawks, a team that mocks injured players, employs a kid that beat up a cab driver and a guy that broke Ryan Kesler’s nose on an intentional headshot nobody seemed to care about can be called a classy Cup winner — while the Canucks are the disgrace of the league — is beyond me.

That said, the journalistic bias against the Canucks has been clear as day. Consider, for example, the writing about the Sedins, whose manhood has been questioned for their lack of production in the Final. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that their best series came against a team that didn’t have a dedicated shutdown pairing (San Jose), and they’ve had a tougher time against teams with Norris-Calibre defensemen that aggressively focus on shutting them down (Chicago, Nashville, Boston). However, instead of telling this story, we’ve been subjected to a “limp-wristed Euros” narrative that smacks of embarrassing prejudice.

When was the last time someone suggested that Sidney Crosby or Jonathan Toews was less of a man for their relative lack of production in their respective Finals? In 2009, Crosby went minus-3 with a goal and two assists. In 2010, despite going minus-5 with no goals and three assists, Toews won the Conn Smythe. I’m sure their Canadian citizenship had nothing to do with their generous coverage.

Class has been big topic of this Final. Barry Rozner said the Canucks’ names on the Stanley Cup would be a disgrace. Right. Can an organization that donated $5 million to the BC Children’s Hospital and employs two players who privately donated another $1.5 million really be that classless? Of course, it’s hard to drop a paragraph about the Sedins’ charitable contributions into an article about how they don’t have testicles. Heck, class is pretty subjective. How the Chicago Blackhawks, a team that mocks injured players, employs a kid that beat up a cab driver and a guy that broke Ryan Kesler’s nose on an intentional headshot nobody seemed to care about can be called a classy Cup winner — while the Canucks are the disgrace of the league — is beyond me.