NHL'94 Forums

Bill Simmons Links to '94 Vid

For those who may not know, Bill Simmons is a popular ESPN sports columnist. He has, at the time of this posting, over 1.4M twitter followers. Anyway, today he posted an NHL'94 video on Facebook, so I thought I'd share. Perhaps the people who comment will eventually start playing online!

http://www.facebook.com/billsimmons/posts/134470989962978

If I may say something, I actually posted that video on my account in YouTube months ago. :lol: How Bill found it is beyond me, but I'm honored that he posted it in his Facebook account. My account's name is chaosgreyblood, a name I came up with since... Wow, can't remember how long was it, but it was years ago! I began posting the teams in alphabetical order before the program I used to record the videos went past its trial period and I haven't recorded anything ever since.

Any suggestions for recording programs? I want one that can help record them quickly without too much trouble.

If I may say something, I actually posted that video on my account in YouTube months ago. :lol: How Bill found it is beyond me, but I'm honored that he posted it in his Facebook account. My account's name is chaosgreyblood, a name I came up with since... Wow, can't remember how long was it, but it was years ago! I began posting the teams in alphabetical order before the program I used to record the videos went past its trial period and I haven't recorded anything ever since.

Any suggestions for recording programs? I want one that can help record them quickly without too much trouble.

Use gens rerecording. you can save straight to gmv+gst, then use the my AVI tutorial to go from gmv+gst to AVI (bypassing the part about using netplay and KREC files).

chaosgreyblood,

I have a question. When you created this video did you purposely leave the mouse cursor in there pointing up to remind you which direction you had to go? j/k

Smoz, I actually read that tutorial late last night, couldn't sleep from working midnights/graveyard shift, anyway, I made it to #3 before I was lost. I'm actually proud of myself I made it that far. Being into hot rods and not computers, when I see GMV files, I read Gross Motor Vehicle files. When I see RAM I think of my old '86 Dodge pickup with the 318. Got nothing for KREC though. Great write up though man, with a little google research, guys like me could attempt to do videos. Otherwise there is no way. The pictures you included and everything.

chaosgreyblood,

I have a question. When you created this video did you purposely leave the mouse cursor in there pointing up to remind you which direction you had to go? j/k

Smoz, I actually read that tutorial late last night, couldn't sleep from working midnights/graveyard shift, anyway, I made it to #3 before I was lost. I'm actually proud of myself I made it that far. Being into hot rods and not computers, when I see GMV files, I read Gross Motor Vehicle files. When I see RAM I think of my old '86 Dodge pickup with the 318. Got nothing for KREC though. Great write up though man, with a little google research, guys like me could attempt to do videos. Otherwise there is no way. The pictures you included and everything.

if you get stuck, please post in the thread what point you got stuck at -- then i can update the instructions to fill in the gap : )