NHL'94 Forums

Problem with Tile Molester

RockmanHalo

I've been tinkering with the NHL '94 roms to try and edit logos and the like, and have hit a wall with Tile Molester. For whatever reason, the offsets I've used before do not work, and I think something is wrong with Tile Molester. These gaps appear inbetween the picture.

Has anyone run into this before? I've attached a picture of what I'm talking about.

post-2997-000133600 1307326725_thumb.png

when I open a ROM in a tile program, it doesn't line up like screenshots from other people. do I need to add a certain number of hex bits to the start of the file before opening and then remove them later?

I have no idea what that means.

when I open a ROM in a tile program, it doesn't line up like screenshots from other people. do I need to add a certain number of hex bits to the start of the file before opening and then remove them later?

Instead of doing this, just use the buttons that look like plus and divide. they increment by byte (i.e., 2 hex characters, which is actually 8 bits).

the plus and minus between the zero and delete are doing it. thank you! I hope this cures about 72.3% of the tile issues I was struggling with. solved.

and there's no need to set it back, according to RockmanHalo. thanks, guys!

Edited by trudatman