NHL'94 Forums

truHockey

trudatman

you may hate it, you may love it. feel free to comment or whatever.

picture18xm.png

UPDATED ON 6/17/11:

truHockey.zip

Edited by trudatman

it was EA Hockey, which people call "'91." Yugoslavia and the United States are not selectable in the playoffs because this game was essentially NHL '92 altered to be an international game and those teams were the allstar teams or something like that. the speed is fast if you play it as a USA ROM, but normal when it is played as a European or Japanese ROM. I like it as a fast game. if you can handle the lack of on-screen data, try my 2011 Playoffs ROM. you are quite welcome. I may work on this thing some more in the future, as there are a few things I'd like to alter, still.

changed some stuff, including the player physics. updated link in the first post.

• 1 year later...

Also, do you have a change log for this ROM hack? I never knew about this original game. I like it though. The "NHL Hockey" is disgustingly slow. I like "EA Hockey" much better since it's so much faster. "EA Hockey" reminds me of the "Bill Walsh College Football '95" of hockey...ex: The feel of the gameplay, the crowd noise, the hitting noise, etc.

Edited by OldSchoolGamer

I think this was originally in the all-purpose ROMs thread that was since split into two. whoever moved them probably saw that I made it and assumed it was a SNES ROM, then. that's my guess as to why it is in the wrong place. now, a change log... no, that would be the smart and careful way to hack. I hack like a psycho killer with a chainsaw. sorry.

• 9 months later...

I haven't played this one in a while... I wish I could remember what physics hacks I applied.