NHL'94 Forums

WEEK 2 IN THE GENS 2011 LEAGUE

LA Robbie

Hi Everyone,

We had an absolutely monster weekend in the GENS 2011 LEAGUE! There were so many games played during Friday, Saturday and Sunday that I actually couldn't be bothered to count them all! It was crazy enough just trying to keep the schedules and standings up to date! Please check them and let me know if i've missed any results or inputted anything incorrectly. It was a manic weekend so it's entirely possible! Thanks all of you for your amazing commitment to this league and this awesome ROM. You're all doing this version of the game the justice it deserves!

First of all, I want to say welcome to the new players that have joined the league in the past few days. They've all already started playing games, and have all got some early points up on the board. Great to have you with us.

Hokkeefan takes over Dallas Stars in the Central Division - AIM: Hokkeefan2

Dragon takes over Buffalo in the Eastern Division - AIM: Pearate

Danlizhot takes over Tampa Bay in the Eastern Division - AIM: danlizhot2010

BoKnowsNHL94 takes over Los Angeles in the Western Division - AIM: BoKnowsNHL94

It's great to have 4 top quality players coming in that we expect will be committed players and will keep the high standard of the league up.

We still want to get new guys in to take Toronto in the Central Division and also Minnesota in the Eastern Division, so if any of you know someone who may be interested please tell them to get in touch with me or ProBob.

Also, a big shout out to Smozoma. Unfortunately he's been forced to withdraw due to rom desync issues that he just hasn't been abale to solve. Ironic given that the V2 rom we're all playing in the league was created by him. He's been a massive help in getting this league up & running and we're very sad to lose him. We can only hope you get thes issues sorted out in the future Smozoma, and you're always welcome back. Thank you for everything!

WEEK 2 HIGHLIGHTS

Well, after KingRaph undoubtably set the pace last week, a number of clear title contenders have emerged this week. Most notably Dcicon's Boston sit top of the Western Division with a massive 20 points and a 10-2-0 record. Also in the Western Division BoKnows' LA have racked up some impressive wins and have a 6-2-1 record from their 9 games. Mav's Detroit sit 2nd in the Western Division with 19 points from 14 games and a 9-4-1 record.

Comeback King's Chicago have also had some impressive wins to move clear in 2nd place in the Central Division, including a great win over Boston, and they have a 7-4-0 record, but still lay 10 points behind KingRaph's New York.

Perhaps most impressive have been Vocally Caged and his Washington Capitals. Suffering from desync problems himself last week it looked like he too might have to drop out, but, with everything resolved he set about playing 5 games this week and currently sits 2nd in the Eastern Division with a 4-0-1 record and 9 points...............Perhaps impressive wins over Boston and LA would now make Washington the title favourites?

San Jose & my very own Anaheim continue to struggle against a high caliber field, but a big shout out has to go to Probob and Pittsburgh. Breaking a 6 game losing streak on Friday night he's picked up regular points over the course of the weekend and now has 10 points to his name in the Western Division, firmly cementing his place in the "B" playoffs as things currently stand.

Thanks again everyone for your amazing enthusiasm for this league over the weekend. You've kept me very busy and a lot of guys are well ahead of target to meet checkpoint 3 this Sunday June 19th (12 game target everyone please!), but I guess that just means i'll have it easier in the final week!

Keep the results coming in and good luck to everyone this week!

Rob

Perhaps most impressive have been Vocally Caged and his Washington Capitals. Suffering from desync problems himself last week it looked like he too might have to drop out, but, with everything resolved he set about playing 5 games this week and currently sits 2nd in the Eastern Division with a 4-0-1 record and 9 points...............Perhaps impressive wins over Boston and LA would now make Washington the title favourites?

I had a OT victory vs Washington and I would expect them to be in the hunt for the top spot in the league.

I had a OT victory vs Washington and I would expect them to be in the hunt for the top spot in the league.

lol. Yep I saw my error there after posting. Yep, no doubt they're looking impressive (KingRaph delighted at the lack of spotlight on him now! lol)

Haha, you can thank Bo partially for your win. He had his screen saver set to come on after...however many minutes regulation and the first minute of OT were. When I was swimming in the corner with the puck it came on and I was trying like crazy to get it off, then you ended up scoring right after. Lucky bounce I suppose :-P

Haha, you can thank Bo partially for your win. He had his screen saver set to come on after...however many minutes regulation and the first minute of OT were. When I was swimming in the corner with the puck it came on and I was trying like crazy to get it off, then you ended up scoring right after. Lucky bounce I suppose :-P

It's all good. We'll see each other in the playoffs.

Amateur move letting that screen saver go on. I would expect something like that from Bruce Boudreau but not you.