NHL'94 Forums

Canucks fans....

AILD

What's the deal for next year? Things aren't looking too good with roster size and cap space (I actually said this about the Bs last year, but they made it work).

Only 11 skaters signed with roughly 16K in cap room, depending upon what the NHL decides to increase it to.

Sedin x 2, Kesler, Burrows, Raymond, Malhotra, Samuelsson

Hamhuis, Ballard, Edler, Rome

Luongo, Schneider

Need to sign about 7-8 players with 16K.

Bieksa is a must. Ballard's 4.2M is putting a huge dent in it.

Salo?

I dig talkin' about this s**t, let's hear it. Unless it's too early?? Hockey season never ends for me.

Edited by AILD

If they were smart they'd go with Schneider. Deal Luongo to either philly (of Ilya doesnt sign) or Florida since they'll lose Vokoun.

Ballard makes sense to move since he's making >4M and wasn't even a top 6 dman in the playoffs. Sabres will take Ehroff from the nucks.

If they were smart they'd go with Schneider. Deal Luongo to either philly (of Ilya doesnt sign) or Florida since they'll lose Vokoun.

Agree - Probably will workout both better for Vancouver and Luongo.. He needs to pull a Patrick Roy and go get a fresh start somewhere. Or perhaps an Eddie Belfour and make an ass of himself until he gets exiled to a european contract.

Or perhaps an Eddie Belfour and make an ass of himself until he gets exiled to a european contract.

lol LuWrongo has to win a CUP first :) Eddie is a Hall of Famer bro, yet another person who doesn't give the Eagle his due props.

it's in the game.

anyway, they should be a decent team again next year, assuming they trade Luongo and Ballard.

Trade 1 sedin for a Canadian and sign bieksa,drop lapierre(burrows can do enough jabbering),trade luongo to philly for carter or to tampa bay where his wifes family lives) and trade ballard to toronto for 4th rd pick

trading Ballard is going to be quite tough, but most teams would take either Sedin. Dan is a better fit for a team. keep urinating near my name until the alcohol is out of your system -- you're a much better community member when you actually contribute to discussions instead of whatever it was that you were doing before.

is anybody?

• 2 weeks later...

Ballard makes sense to move since he's making >4M and wasn't even a top 6 dman in the playoffs. Sabres will take Ehroff from the nucks.

haha nyi just traded buffalo the rights for errhoff and the nucks sign lapierre and alberts ,looks like they just want hard workin bangers,not much talent but they try hard i guess,gotta make up for the sisters weakness.WE WANT JOVO!!!!

Edited by hokkeefan