NHL'94 Forums

WEEK 3 IN THE GENS 2011 LEAGUE

LA Robbie

Although there were only a handful of games played over the weekend Monday to Friday was manic again. 2 guys have now completed their regular season games and a whole bunch of others are above the 12 game requirement for checkpoint 3.

Kupuck completed with Vancouver in 2 weeks 6 days, and perhaps has the dubious honour of being the first to concede 100 goals this season! KingRaph finished in 3 weeks 1 day and sits securely at the top of the Central Division with a huge 36 point total, and an amazing 114 goals scored. He has an 18-4-0 record with the Rangers, which, given the quality of the field involved is an incredible record and surely his performances in this tournament confirm him now as a genuine "A" player. Congratulations to KingRaph & Kupuck on their regular seasons, and good luck in the playoffs!

The other big news of course is the arrival of Carse to the league. He takes over from Danlizhot with Tampa Bay, looking to turn their 2-7-3 season around. He's already pulled them off the bottom of the Eastern Division with an 8-5 victory over KingRaph's NYR at MSG. KingRaph, Vocally Caged & Dcicon may have thought they were having everything their own way, but Carse's arrival certainly puts the cat among the pigeons for the rest of the season! (Do you have that saying in North America too?!)

A major, major shoutout has to go to Sicarius Fulgar. Only recently joining the site he took over Minnesota from Beavers33 with a 0-1-0 record. We expected him to have a major struggle taking on a league of this quality in his rookie season, but he currently sits 3rd in the Eastern Division with a superb 5-8-1 record! An amazing debut season that makes him one to look out for in the Fall Classic for sure! Congratulations to Sicarius for getting so many games played, and posting some great results.

Remember, the regular season finishes in 2 weeks. We have a 4 game minimum per week, but of course there's those 2 extra games to make 22 played in 5 weeks, so if you're behind right now you not only need to catch up to this week's 16 game target, but you need to get those extra games played too.

These are the guys currently behind at the week 3, 12 game checkpoint. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if you are not continuing just send me a message so we can replace you. I really don't get the guys who just ignore everyone for a couple of weeks until they're replaced when a simple message on the day when you decide you don't want to play would help everyone out. Please respect the league, the other players and us that are trying to organise it all and communicate with us, as Hokkeefan & Danlizhot did this week!

CENTRAL DIVISION

COMEBACK KING (CHICAGO) 11 games played - What's happening mate? Haven't seen you online for ages!

STONECOLDEAP (SAN JOSE) 10 games played - Please send me a message. You haven't played for ages & haven't responded to guys messages when you've been online. Just confirm if you're continuing or not please!

EASTERN DIVISION

DRAGON (BUFFALO) 9 games played - You played yesterday. Just need to step it up a little please mate.

EGGINK (NEW JERSEY) 11 games played - As above. You played yesterday. Just need to make up 1 game.

WESTERN DIVISION

RUSSIAN ROCKET (MONTREAL) 9 games played - Caught up a load this week, just need to do the same this week. Thanks.

Remember, the regular season finishes Sunday 3rd July 2011. Anyone missing games then will be docked 1 point for each game not played.

Thanks again to everyone for their awesome commitment to this great rom, and great 1st season of the league, and please just keep it up. Lets see if we can play 100% of the games!

If anyone wants to confirm exactly who they still have to play & can't work it out via the schedule let me know and i'll give you a list of games to play.

LA Robbie

perhaps has the dubious honour of being the first to concede 100 goals this season!

Just like the real NHL - I think Luongo is up there for most games getting pulled in this season... I think I even had to pull him during two games I won :P

Just like the real NHL - I think Luongo is up there for most games getting pulled in this season... I think I even had to pull him during two games I won :P

No worries. I've conceded 98 in 19 games now, so goin to break ur record easy! lol