Trade 2

To Philly:

Wade Simmons

Brayden Schenn

2nd round pick 2012

To LA:

Mike Richards

Rob Bordson

I am happy with both trades. With this amount of cap space gone we will be able to sign Bryzgalov and Leino easily. I hate to see Mikey go, but I absolutely love Schenn. He kicked ass in world juniors. With the 8th pick we can also get a defense prospect like Hamilton. I am satisfied.

Edited by orangeblack92

It's not everyday you see a team's top two centers (one of whom was a "heart and soul" franchise player) get traded in THE SAME DAY. Philly did get some pretty good return value, however (though mostly based on potential for all of them).

The Carter/Nash combo will be SCARY. I wish the Wild had assets to pull off something like this (maybe with Burns).

I think the CBJ trade was good, but I would have traded Richards only.

Jeff Carter is the best outscorer at even strenght in the entire league and he was just traded. Bad stuff.

Tampa Bay had a good goalie for 2M$ and you guys just paid a guy 5,5 Per to a guy who chocked in the playoffs (So you can prevent your playoff chocking) until he was 39.

Briere, Timmonen and Pronger aren't getting younger.

I don't know. TruePensFan had this to say about the deals:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Paul Holmgren, just what in the hell were you thinking? You gave Ilya Bryzgalov nine years and $51 million??? You traded Jeff Carter AND Mike Richards? Congratulations! You have successfully turned a team that was only one or two little steps away from winning a Stanley Cup into a laughingstock. This be the day the Philadelphia Flyers died. BAHAHAHAAHAHAH

If you want to know why he expressed it this way, ask him on Facebook right now.

well, idk what to think about these trades, gut reaction was pissed but now I'm in a wait and see what else happens cause I HIGHLY expect Bobrovsky to get dealt for something before all is said and done. The rumors I've been hearing about Leino is he wants $4M per and thats just way too much for him, he's in the like $2M range, I'd rather them spend money on something else, so who knows we will see what happens July 1st

I totally hate these F***ing idiots that think that just because we traded two players we are going to suck ass next year. CHILL THE F*** OUT!!! I really wanna rip these people a new one because of their lack of intelligence.

as a Sabres fan I LOVE these trades Philly made. Plus the huge long term deal they made with Ilya is AWESOME!

Nice job Philly, love the moves. Looking forward to beating your ass for the next 10 years lololoolloolololol. 9 yr deal on 31 overrated goalie GREAT move

I thought that Philly won the Carter trade, I feel like hes a pretty soft guy thats overpaid

The Richards trade, Why?

I don't think they needed to trade both of them, Richards was their freakin captain.

I still think Philly is good, but they were so close to winning the cup right now, they had a young good core, why break it up?

lets be honest here, Philly is good but unless Philly does something else crazy, they won't contend for the cup for another 2 or 3 years in my opinion

Edited by nationals1

I thought that Philly won the Carter trade, I feel like hes a pretty soft guy thats overpaidThe Richards trade, Why?

I don't think they needed to trade both of them, Richards was their freakin captain.

Let me correct you - Richards was their "captain". Listening to Philly sports radio all I hear about is how he can't lead and guys look up to Pronger instead. Most of the radio heads on the air were hoping they'd trade Richards and not Carter... but well shoot.

This could be good for Philly in the long term, but it probably hurts their chances at a cup for next year.

... Jagr's coming back :)

MattHurray: Cool that makes one winger who's not mentally incapacitated.

Nationals: Who the f**k cares if he's ''soft''. Each time he was on the ice for 60 minutes, the Flyers scored 1.45 goals more than they allowed (5 on 5 only)

That's the best in the ENTIRE NHL. No one was better.

Yeah you guys are talking about them not contending in the next year or two, but what about 4 or 5? They will be pretty damn good, and don't give me this old defense and goalie bull. How old are Chara and Thomas?

damn,LA just got alot better,D BROWN ,DOUGHTY,RICHARDS,QUICK,KOPITAR,DAMN WEST IS TOO STACKED,Columbus helped out nash some more and are improving but still a longgg ways away from going the distance

Edited by hokkeefan

jackets will be in the east next year.

so we gonna see alot of carter/nash combo.

flyers will be good, simmonds and vorechek are solid players and bryz will be a huge help. Bryz getting old tho, and has basically just played in his prime years with phx. Russians also have a good tendancy to flake on long term contracts, so this was super risky move.

But they finally got a goalie after embarrassing performance in 2nd h last year.