NHL'94 Forums

WEEK 4 IN THE GENS 2011 LEAGUE

LA Robbie

Well, we're in to the final week of the regular season and for me the best thing has to be that all of the teams involved except one have met, or surpassed the 16 game checkpoint. Hooly has completed with Edmonton, taking just 11 days to play all 22 games. A league record! My Anaheim team and Comeback's Chicago have both played 21, whilst Dcicon's Boston & Mav's Detroit have completed 20. Lots more have played 18 or 19 too, so completing the regular season this week really shouldn't be too much of a big deal.

If you haven't looked all of the remaining games for each team are listed here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/13210-remaining-games

Thanks again everyone for your commitment and enthusiasm for this league & Clockwise's wonderful rom. I say it everyweek, but the fact that 17 of the 18 teams are above the checkpoint total shows how well the league has gone. I'm already looking forward to the playoffs!

We did have a couple more guys drop this week for whatever reasons so we've welcomed some new guys that have definitely added to the competition. Of course Carse joined at the end of last week and has wasted no time at all taking Tampa Bay from bottom of the Eastern Division, to second place and a spot in the "A" playoffs. 6 wins on the bounce mean they're the team no one wants to face come the quarter-finals!

Angry Jay took over Dallas and has also chalked up a couple of wins. With 6 games left they can theoretically finish in 3rd place in the Central Division, and potentially still qualify for the "A" playoffs.

Cory Gibson has made major waves in the past few days. Taking over San Jose Sharks with a 0-10-0 record he lost his first 3 games to extend their losing streak to 13............since then he's won 4 out of 5, including 2 OTWs over Orangeblack's Philly and another against BoKnowsNHL94's LA. He also had a huge 8-2 regular time win over Sicarius' Minnesota. With 4 games left to play he could well find himself out of the "Toilet Bowl" series and into the "B" Playoffs...........unthinkable after 13 games! Congratulations to Cory Gibson in what I believe is his debut GENS season?!

OK, maybe I shouldn't be using this peice to big-up myself, but I think it's worth mentioning that my Anaheim team have also recovered from a disasterous start to the season to post what has to go down as the biggest upset of the season this week. Sitting rock bottom of the Western Division with 6 points all season Anaheim made the trip to the Washington Capitols, led by Vocally Caged, sitting top of the Eastern Division with only one regular time loss all season, and no regular time losses at home.

After a 1st period battering Washington were 2-0 up and looking comfortable, but then came the turnaround - Playing a quick counter-attacking game Anaheim made the most of the few chances given to them by the Caps and went 3-2 up going into the 3rd. A Caps goalie error a few minutes in allowed Anaheim to go 4-2 up and they were then able to sit back and play a solid defensive game for the final 4 minutes. A late Ovechkin goal game Washington a glimmer of hope but Anaheim saw the game out for the win...................no idea how it happened!

After really struggling to score goals early on and starting the season with a 2-14-0 record i've actually won 3 of my last 5 and look like a different player. As it currently stands i'd make the "B" playoffs based on games won.............if only I could have found this form earlier!!

So, into the last week we go. Montreal are currently available after FPB had to drop. They still have 13 games to play. At this moment i'm taking them to get the season completed, but if someone else comes in i'll hand them over. I'll try to be on nightly to play a couple of games a day & get their season completed to help everyone out.

Thanks again everyone for your awesome commitment to the league & the ROM. Have a great week of games and look forward to seeing you in the playoffs!

good job Cory. Hey LAROBBIE, you sure someone just didn't feel bad for you and gave you those 3 wins since you are running this league? haha j/k

Someone please pick up Montreal.

No mention of a possible game between me and you that'll determine who moves onto B and who suffers the embarassment of the Toilet Bowl series? <_<

I wouldn't want to put any more pressure on you than there already is! lol