NHL'94 Forums

Firefox 5

xdeathsbloodx

im with 5 too and no issue

Why do you guys prefer Firefox? Purely security-wise?

I use Google Chrome - sooooooo much faster than Firefox. Explorer 9 is an absolute joke!

lol its not sooo much faster

I like my collection of extensions in firefox, and i dislike many things about the Chrome GUI. And now Firefox 4 is copying the Chrome GUI.. which is why I stick with FF3.6.

I use Chrome for certain things, and sometimes just to segregate my browsing (one stream of thought in one browser, another in the other.. can close one and save the tabs for later..)... the javascript is much faster than FF3, but.. how often is that a big deal?

Sometimes Chrome's "one process per tab" works against it, creating a huge RAM footprint, when I don't have that much to spare. Plus sometimes you end up with like 7 chrome.exe processes for just 2 tabs. Sure FF leaks memory like crazy, but if I close it save my tabs, then bring it back up, it's fine (for a while ;)).

Haven't tried Opera in a while (i think they invented tabs in the browser? had it aaaages before firefox appeared).. or the other smaller ones..

IE suuucks

Am I gonna get s**t for using IE 9 and being perfectly content with it?

If you're content, fine, but have you tried FF? You'll notice the difference in speed right away.

Word Association: Firefox is to Roenick as IE is to Tony Twist

Yeah, try firefox or chrome. IE is pretty lame.. not as in not cool, as in stumbles and falls on its face. plus it's also really not cool!

chrome is probably less of a hassle, unless they introduced invisible updates in the latest firefox like chrome has...

I think they finally fixed this in version 8 of IE (but it was totally inexcusable not to fix it in version 7), but for like a decade IE was totally broken in terms of CSS support (CSS is the part of a webpage that controls how things look.. how wide tables are, etc), wasting so much time and effort for web developers having to design their webpages to work 1) properly and 2) in IE. So.. boo to IE.

I couldn't even stand loading IE 7 or 8.. not sure if they fixed this in 9.. but if you load IE, and you paste in or type in an address and try to load it before IE is totally done loading.. then it loads the homepage instead of the URL you just told it to go to, and overwrites the stuff you typed in with the homepage URL. Retarded. Broken.