NHL'94 Forums

Free Agents 2011

smozoma

Leafs probably going to arbitration with Clark MacArthur.

They let

get away to Carolina for $750,000, so it sounds like the leafs didn't offer him anything.. I thought for sure they'd try to keep him. He's a centre, though, so maybe this is part of the plan to get Brad Richards... no idea if he wants to go to Toronto, though. Also, maybe Brent became redundant with Darryl "+8 on 13 points" Boyce playing well last year..

Tampa picks up shootout genius Mathieu Garon for 1.3M for 2 years and lets Mike Smith go to Phoenix for 2M for 2 years... better goalie arguably?) for less money

Joke of the day :

Capitals acquire a first round pick in 2012 and a second round pick in 2012 or 2013 from the Avalanche for Semyon Varlamov.

Hhaha Varlamov didnt prove anything yet and he might go to KHL anyway.

+ Colorado first pick next year might be another lottery pick

wtfff colorado mangement. the trades they made in the past months are just plain AWFUL.

avs fan :

In less then one calender year Sherman has set this team back 5 years. Dumb bastard.

The Avs just lost some ticket sales for next year the only games I'm going to go to are Forsberg's and Footes retirements.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WOW...that should read "a 2nd for Varlamov"... not a first and second... especially from Colorado... wow... Thats going to be like a top 5 and 30-35 pick

Can we please trade the AVS Front Office

Trading 1st round picks when your a team that just finished second to last is ASININE!

Edited by Zalex

27 MILLIONS LEINO

he got 30 goals CARREER NHL

hes not bad but god dam

lock out incoooooooming

I can hear orangeblack crying. and Ice probably has the biggest boner now after they also signeed erhoff too

florida hawks-been got this week :

brian cambpell

kris vertseeg

tomas kopecky

ed jovanavski

jose theodore

scottie upshall

marcel goc

tomas fleshmann

edit : Sean Bergenheim (FLORIDAS TRAIN CANT BE STOPPED)

they just missing gomez now

Edited by Zalex

wasnt crazy about leino pickup at first but the more i think about it the more i like it. Rather have leino and 4.5 per then richards for 7-8per. Leaves us some space to deal some more, prolly a trade. Though i wish we would've gotten Fleischmann.

We got some serious potential next season and beyond. If one of Kassian or Adam produce next year look out. plus we got Brayudon mcnabb chomping at the bit to make the bigs. Whooooohooooooo it's good to be Sabres fan!

Just hope that everyone pans out, stays healthy and are able to play, Icestrom.

I like what the oilers have done as well, adding ben eager ,darcy hordichuk,ryan smyth and cam barker(was 3rd overall) .Good rebuilding plan!After losing there young star in a scrap last season..It was time to get some scary guys on there roster.Eager is very scary and hordichuk will scrap anyone.

Buffalo looks like a serious contender, now that their owner isn't Scrooge Mcduck anymore.

Zalex:

Haha what? That might be their ONLY good move.

Last year's save %: 0.924

Carey Price's save %: 0.923

And he's still 22. Granted it's retarded because it's a high pick but still. Varlamov is a neat player.

Philadelphia men don't cry.

About that, don't lie to yourself OB. As for me wanting Jagr in MTL. We already have him his name is TomasJagr :lol:

Edited by mav

Guest Houli

About that, don't lie to yourself OB. As for me wanting Jagr in MTL. We already have him his name is TomasJagr :lol:

WOW! simply WOW! Tomas Jagr getting old...

Edited by Houli

Well, at least the Rangers started with the right foot by getting a forward. They need a lot of offense instead of trying to stockpile too many defensemen that won't play much and getting Richards is a step towards the right direction.

Hokkee: 6,5 per.

That's in the Kesler-Plekanec range. Richards had 91 points his last healthy season.

no. Kesler/Plekanec have a cap hit of 5millions/year not 6,5.

richards cap hit isnt bad but in 9 years when he will be 40 yo he def wont be worth any of the 6,5. But since then, rangers will probly have traded him(gomez), burried him in the AHL (redden), or buyout his contract (drury).

Brad Richards' contract with NY Rangers is 9-years, $58.5 million. (Front loaded money Richards should make 50M in first 5 yrs in New York)

That's OK. In a few years he will be a third liner just like Drury ended up after his big contract. Everyone who comes to the Rangers sees their production drop off like crazy.

loloololol Just when i thought Brian Burke had the Laffs going in the right direction, he panics and signs Tim Connolly to a 2 year 9.5M contract.

Man that makes the Leino deal seem like a steal. Connolly is washed up and one hit away from being done for his career.

Wow is all I can say.

wow vokoun signs 1 year / 1,5 mil

lmao, phi trades richards and carter and more apes (versteeg) in order to make huge offer to brizgalov

caps just give 1,5 to vokoun

caps just give 1,5 to vokoun

WAIT, WHAT?! O_o

Best steal of the offseason. There, I said it. And Buffalo totally aced it too with their deals.

Simon Gagne just signed with the Kings for 2 years and 7 million.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=568321&navid=mod-rr-headlines

What exactly is so bad about the Connolly move?

Richards' contract sucks... good they didn't take him and handcuff themselves later on. (EDIT: Leafs offered him a 6-year deal probably around $7-7.5M/year)

Handzus isn't that good (hasn't reached 45+ pts since before the lockout).

Conroy is oooooold

Drury sucks.

Connolly is the best non-Richards centre, so the price will be high due to competition.

And think about it... the Leafs have 1 good scoring centre right now, Grabovski. Bozak didn't live up to his 1st year's stats. Brent left for Carolina. Boyce is a great checking line guy. Kadri and Colbourne are still young.

So, the Leafs get a guy with the potential to score 60 points, maybe 70 (considering Kessel put up 64 playing with Bozak). If after 2 years, either Kadri or Colbourne have reached their potential, they don't really need him anymore and can use that 4.75M to pay one of them. If Connolly is awesome, then they can try to keep him.

Also, Connolly has a lot of goals vs the Leafs the past few seasons, so they probably pick up an extra 2 points just from him not being on Buffalo! :P

Hopefully he can improve his faceoffs, though (45.9%... what, Gaustad (59.8%) couldn't give him some tips? (or Hecht or Roy, 43.1, 46.4)

These are the numbers for Conolly

Quality of competition : -0.009 (5th on Sabres F) (Calculated by +- per 60 minutes)

Quality of teammates: 1,043 (3rd on Sabres F)

+- ON/60 : -0,08

Corsi REL: 11,2 (3rd on Sabres)

Corsi calculates the shoots taken by each sides, whether they hit the net or not. Generally a good indicator of puck possession when a player is on the ice.

PDO : 986

(On ice save % + On ice SH%, the average is 1000)

On ice save % : ,906

On Ice SH%: 8,05

Sabres PP Efficiency with Conolly on the Ice: 24,7%. Sabres Efficiency: 17,7%

So Connolly played the tops with the tops, came out a bit short, but due to goalie inefficiency while he was on the ice. Also greatly improved the Buffalo powerplay.

He's a good bet if he stays healthy. And that's more or less of a good bet in itself.