NHL'94 Forums

Who is the most dominant team in sports video games?

halifax

Chicago is a dominant team in nhl94 Genesis version (not so much in snes) and of course I'm only going by the several suggestions I get over the years that Chicago should be banned in genesis :).

But who are some other teams in sports gaming that were dominant?

I remember playing baseball stars and found that the American Dreams were really tough to beat.

NBA Jam (SNES) - the Charlotte Hornets and the Chcago Bulls were always super tough, I remember as like a 9 year old spending a whole week trying to beat the Hornets in this game in the challenge game mode. Scotty Pippen on the Bulls and Larry Johnson on the Hornets were deadly with hitting 3 pointers, turning the ball over and hitting the net on the buzzer.

Tecmo Bowl was the first one with not all of the teams and Tecmo Super Bowl had 28 teams.

To expand on this, Tecmo Bowl had 12 teams, I believe, and was released in 1989. Teams would play either 7 on 7...or 9 on 9 and you only had 4 plays to choose from.

Tecmo Super Bowl had all 28 teams and was released in 1991, 11 on 11 formations and 8 offensive plays....and is tied with NHL94 for the greatest video game of all time.

Dominant Teams:

San Fran - The Montana to Rice connection was unstoppable. It wasn't uncommon for Rice to make catches in triple coverage.

Houston - Strong passing attack led by Warren Moon & speedy recs.

Buffalo - Great all around team.

NY Giants - another great all around team.

Philly - QB Eagles can frustrate any defense.

LA Raiders - Bo Knows Tecmo.

Edited by AILD

Great Thread,

- American Dreams in Baseball Stars: Babe, Hank and Joe routinely killed me with homers

- The Amazons in Dusty Diamonds All Star Softball: almost unbeatable

- 49ers in Tecmo Super Bowl. Montana to Rice

- Mike Tyson: Mike Tysons Punch Out, nuff said

- Chicago Blackhawks in NHL 93-95, Roenick, Chelios, Belfour

- Galaxy Aces: Mutant League Football. Bones Jackson

- Brawl State: Arch Rivals. The Mohawk guy, would pants you, punch you out and then dunking it.

• 1 month later...