NHL'94 Forums

VOICE OF REASON OR TOTAL MORON?

LA Robbie

IS HE A JACKASS?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. IS THE 2011 LEAGUE A TOTAL FAILURE?

• Yes, a 95.45% completion rate with 4.5 hours left to play just isn't good enough!
    • Yes, any league that pairs me with a top "A" player in the playoffs isn't worth my time
    • Yes, amatuer league administrators giving up their time for no money & no thanks are the ones to blame if 9 games out of 198 haven't been played at the end
    • No, it's been an awesome season. I'm just a total tool!

Thought I would post here, as a certain member of the league, out of nowhere has suggested that i've no idea what i'm doing, the league's a failure and that I should be giving people an extra week to complete.........."because it's hot outside and no one wants to be inside playing '94".

Apparently it's a joke to let the playoffs go ahead like this because everyone hasn't completed yet. This person is now suggesting that they will not be playing their playoff series in protest of the shoddy organisation of this league. It can't be taken seriously the way it is apparently!

I just checked the remaining games thread: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/13210-remaining-games/ and if my maths are correct we have a 198 game regular season. Of those 198 games, only 9 are still to be played (at the time of writing), so we've played 189 out of 198. Again, if my maths are correct that means we currently have a 95.45% completion rate (at the time of writing)!

Now, I haven't checked, but I have a feeling this person may have been finding themselves paired with Carse in the playoffs. I haven't worked it out yet, but it'll be interesting to see if that's the case. Funny how the person complaining about the lack of completed coaches (which the evidence doesn't support) may be the very same person who needs others to win some games to aid them in the playoff seedings.

I don't know, what do you think?

I think whoever is complaining is 'acting' like a moron and should man up and play carse lolooloolol or i mean get smoked by him.

Dying to know who this complainer is? or better yet, ungrateful person playing in a league that is run by someone who is dedicating their own personal time for others to benefit and gain enjoyment from.

Like I said before, it seems the #1 issue/problem with these leagues are guys not playing. It's a shame. Because all of them I'm playing in are a lot of fun. It's a shame that when someone brings up a suggestion to help out, all the hypocrites come out of their GA closets and say your bitching. Such is life I guess. Who really knows this players real reason though. It could be because of Carse. But he's a 2 on 2 Non. I'm honestly surprised of the completion rate for this rom's 1st trial and error season. You guys did a good job. Messing around with all those excel stats or whatever program you used to keep things updated.

Don't let things get to you guys. Easier said than done. I know you guys put a lot of hard work into this and you guys are passionate/enthusiastic and love everything '94 and the community.... just don't expect the '94 community to love you back.

I'm curious what the final completion rate will be by the end of Sunday. This guy could have a change of heart too. I've become frustrated once or twice trying to get guys to play, but you get over it.

I think whoever is complaining is 'acting' like a moron and should man up and play carse lolooloolol or i mean get smoked by him.

Dying to know who this complainer is? or better yet, ungrateful person playing in a league that is run by someone who is dedicating their own personal time for others to benefit and gain enjoyment from.

Yeah, whoever this is should man up. Carse is obviously very good, but he can be beaten, just see Blitz last season as he didn't make it out of the first round. If that is all it's about then Houly should just say it... :D :D :D

Also, the two guys that ran this league did a great job. I have absolutely no problems with how they did things so far. I commend them as they are rookies at this and would join any league they want to do in the future.

Edited by dcicon5148

Like I said before, it seems the #1 issue/problem with these leagues are guys not playing. It's a shame. Because all of them I'm playing in are a lot of fun. It's a shame that when someone brings up a suggestion to help out, all the hypocrites come out of their GA closets and say your bitching. Such is life I guess. Who really knows this players real reason though. It could be because of Carse. But he's a 2 on 2 Non. I'm honestly surprised of the completion rate for this rom's 1st trial and error season. You guys did a good job. Messing around with all those excel stats or whatever program you used to keep things updated.

Don't let things get to you guys. Easier said than done. I know you guys put a lot of hard work into this and you guys are passionate/enthusiastic and love everything '94 and the community.... just don't expect the '94 community to love you back.

I'm curious what the final completion rate will be by the end of Sunday. This guy could have a change of heart too. I've become frustrated once or twice trying to get guys to play, but you get over it.

I understand the defense, Comeback. But there IS more to it than him just "bringing up a suggestion" to help out. And as for the "change of heart," if that happens he will not be welcomed back. Honestly, we're not just being jerks. There was more to it than just a complaint.

Total moron. This league ran great. A start-up league, run by newbies, it exceeded my expectations (i mean that as a compliment). I was very happy to see people posting results and playing their games.

You and ProBob deserve a lot of credit, not misguided criticism. Stick with it guys, I rate the regular season a success.

why all the quiters in 2011? fpb,dan,hokkee,chris,frey,iceguy,etc...am i stupid to play in this league?

no houly you're just stupid in general :lol:

Edited by mav

I understand the defense, Comeback. But there IS more to it than him just "bringing up a suggestion" to help out. And as for the "change of heart," if that happens he will not be welcomed back. Honestly, we're not just being jerks. There was more to it than just a complaint.

sorry about that probob. I should've been more specific. I didn't mean this guys excuse was making a suggestion. I don't know the facts. I was generally speaking overall. If that makes any f'in sense. lol